Atlantic Diagnostic Laboratories Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Busy, Fast-paced and motivating atmosphere!"

I have been working at Atlantic Diagnostic Laboratories full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Doing what is right for the patient is the most important factor in every decision.

Everyone is a team and even managers pitch in to help when needed, no matter the task.

Company funds a very high percent of your deductible making insurance more affordable.

Cons

You can't expect banker's hours. Busy times are eve/nights unless maybe you work in the offices.

2. "good"

Pros

pay rate is good to start

Cons

the hours can be tough

3. "decent pay, lots of work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Atlantic Diagnostic Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the pay differentials make the shifts worth working, although base salary is a little low.

Cons

very fast paced, very little time for breaks that are automatically deducted from your day regardless if you take it or not. A lot for work and very little credit to anyone.

"If you desire a career in chemistry/science, go elsewhere."

Former Employee - Scientist/Chemist
    Former Employee - Scientist/Chemist

I worked at Atlantic Diagnostic Laboratories full-time

Pros

The overall staff I worked with were good people, though they could get a bit "cliquey." If you are looking to get quick access to HPLC work, even if you have basically zero experience, you will find it here.

If you can stick out the job they do promote fairly quickly, and the base pay isn't awful.

Cons

Most important CON: They practice VERY BAD science here. I have nearly a decades worth of mass spec/HPLC/science experience outside of this job... I wouldn't trust any results from this place. They have multiple practices that would have them shut down if the likes of the FDA had oversight of them (the FDA does not have oversight here, there are a few agencies that do inspect them but clearly they have far lower standards). When I told several former supervisors, several with doctorates, and a combined century of experience in chemistry/science/QC/pharma, they advised me to 1)Quit immediately, 2)Call whomever is the oversight agency and "expose" them.

So point blank, if you want to have a career in science, your experience here will likely give you experience and training that will set you back severely at another job. I began looking for a new job the first week I worked here. I figured I could still maybe learn some skills of value from the position; but gave up on that by the month mark. I ACTIVELY tried to stop learning because of how poorly they practice science. One coworker actually made a joke about how slowly I was learning the job and I had to bite my tongue to keep from responding with "Yah, because I don't want to un-learn the RIGHT way to do this."

Some Specifics: Including the entire length of an LC baseline with a peak in order to bump the peak up to a certain desired value (think pass/fail drug test or standard check). Alternatively cutting out large portions of a peak in order to get it to a desired value less than it's actuality. Failing to factor sample weights into quantitative tests. Horrifically poor lab skills (use of beakers, pipettes, grad-cylinders, etc at the level of someone who hasn't finished Chem-101). They standardize their LC systems once per week and check those standardizations once per day (every other industry I've been in standardizes daily and checks at least several times a day... pharma standardizes every test and checks every 6 samples).

Other Issues:
    -Their Scheduling practices are absolutely stupid. 2 days on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, or something like that, with long shifts (I believe 10 hours), and every however many months they change you from 1st shift to 2nd shift or vice versa. I presume their goal was to spread the misery of 2nd shift around, but this is an awful way to accomplish that. 3rd shift uses a regular 8.5 hour schedule.

-Benefits and time off are pathetically low for a non-temp job. Time off is also very restricted.

-Training program is an absolute joke (this goes hand-in-hand with how poorly they practice science). I had three different "trainers" give me three different ways to do the same test on three consecutive days. When I asked for clarification from a supervisor they told me to go find the SOP, which listed yet a fourth method.

Advice to Management

Eliminate your entire lab division, export the work to a qualified lab, and if you plan on doing it yourself bring in an entirely new team with actual experience, skills, and standards.

"Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Atlantic Diagnostic Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience with ADL has been wonderful since the day I got interviewed! If I could give 10 stars I would. This is a family run company and their values make employees proud to work for the company.

Cons

I don't have any cons so far!

"PLEASE THINK TWICE!! HORRIBLE!!"

I worked at Atlantic Diagnostic Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay rate and insurance benefits

Cons

Everything good about this company comes with a VERY HIGH price!! The company is run by family who change the rules everyday. If you make a mistake, be prepared to be screamed at with MAJOR profanity so loud and so hard, that they are literally spitting in your face (They do it in front of whomever happens to be around) with threats of losing your job. They will humiliate you.! You will walk on egg shells everyday you work here! I’ve seen them fire workers over the phone and by mail. Very unprofessional place to work! I am SO sorry I left a great place to work here!! HR department (1 person) is horrible.

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like the dirt on your shoes!! Form a policy and follow it, Stop playing favorites,

7. "To much"

Former Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist
    Former Employee - Mobile Phlebotomist

I worked at Atlantic Diagnostic Laboratories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay use to be great

Cons

Pay rates changed. Same work for less pay. No one is on the same page. Lots of issues with mid and upper management

Advice to Management

When a change is made.. call a meeting
    Don't curse out employees let alone in front of other employees.
    Know who your loyal employees are to reduce employee turnaround/ increase retention

"Lab"

Pros

ADL is a diamond in the rough. At times the owner can be a bit rough but that is because he feels that all patient results are of that of his family. He does not want us to treat patients as just a number or income he wants us to treat it as if we were processing a family members results.

Pay is good. Benefits is a PPO high deductible but company gives you an HRA card with the majority of the deductible paid by company. Company pays into a life insurance policy, short term and long term policies too.

Cons

Not enough PTO time and vision plan could better

Advice to Management

Review PTO policy and either separate sick and vacation or increase the PTO hours. Stop discussing or having meetings in the lunch room were other employees can hear what your saying.

Aug 29, 2017

Thank you for your feed back. We review all policies and procedures periodically and look into making the changes to the PTO policy.

9. "Run away"

I worked at Atlantic Diagnostic Laboratories full-time

Pros

good lab experience for a "start job"

Cons

management harasses people constantly
    walking on eggshells around the lab
    favoritism constantly shown

Advice to Management

learn ho your lab operates and understand the workflow

Aug 29, 2017

Here at ADL we take all allegations of harassment seriously. Please contact the Human Resources Department to further discuss your allegation of management harassment.

10. "Phlebotomist"

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Atlantic Diagnostic Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OK pay Job that is all

Cons

In america we have lost are morals and values in people in company and all about me me me and wonder why america is in a mess in the corporate business world.

I got a job offer ADL and I am glad I quit recently . Sad we need money but I will not sell my soul for a job. The morals and integrity of this company are at 0%

Advice to Management

Be more sensitive to religion and to your employees

Aug 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We take all allegations seriously. Please contact Human Resources to discuss the above allegations.