Atlantic Southeast Airlines Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fun place to work!"

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Cocoa Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Cocoa Beach, FL

I have been working at Atlantic Southeast Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly fun place to work. Keep the promotions open internally first. Fast startup and clean. Cool uniforms to wear at work.

Cons

Long flights coast to coast can always make you tired. Especially when working at night and on a dark plane.

Advice to Management

Interact with all of the employees!

2. "mcc"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlantic Southeast Airlines full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

the company relied on bigger airline

3. "Okay place"

Pros

Ok hours
    Ok management
    Facility outdated
    Disconnect from senior management

Cons

There was little to no support from senior level management.

Advice to Management

Be more involved. Be more present. Be more supportive

4. "good"

Pros

You can Fly freand never boring

Cons

Everyday was a different day and different challenges

Advice to Management

opportunity to advance

5. "Fantastic place to work, regret ever leaving. Brad Holt was always around the employees and pleasant!"

Former Employee - Materials Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Materials Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlantic Southeast Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There were always lots of activities through out the year for employees to participate in!

Cons

Some of the management team were placed in management due to default not because they earned the spot.

6. "Best Job I have ever held"

Former Employee - Crew Scheduler in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Crew Scheduler in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlantic Southeast Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was always busy and I met new friends.

Cons

very stressful and long hours of work.

Advice to Management

I would work 10 times harder than I did the first time if i was to ever get my job back!

7. "ASA, now ExpressJet, is a great place to get your career going."

Current Employee - Pilot in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlantic Southeast Airlines full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As a regional, ExpressJet is at the top of the list in terms of market share, safety programs, and overall quality.

Cons

It is still a regional, so it operates at the whim of the major airline partners. This will likely always make it a questionable long-term career choice. It will give you the experience you need to jumpstart your airline career.

Advice to Management

Stop comparing your management salaries to other regionals. If you want to get and retain quality managers, you have to pay commensurate with the economy at large, not compete with GoJet. Until you stop "competing" with GoJet, you will be relegated to being effectively the same quality as GoJet.

8. "It's been a good journey of personal and professional growth."

Current Employee - Crew Scheduler in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Crew Scheduler in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlantic Southeast Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The supervisors and management have a very good "open door" policy. They are always ready and willing to discuss your areas of weakness, as well as recognize your strenths. They do this with the gosl in mind of helping you become the best possible employee. This benefits both the company and the employee.

Cons

It can be very stressful at times and tempers can flare when that happens.

Advice to Management

The management needs to take greater steps to to relax the atmosphete and increase employee morale.

9. "Good experience, however initial low pay and very long hours"

Current Employee - Pilot in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good management that's seems to care about the employees. Very competitive pay against other regional's

Cons

Very long hours. You will work until utter exhaustion, with include 5 and six day trips sometimes with only a day off. There will also be days where you fly six flights.

Advice to Management

Understand fatigue

10. "All good things must come to an abrupt end!"

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I enjoyed my experience at ASA C-check facility in Macon,GA. The management at that facility knew what they were doing and they treated the employees with respect. The environment was also a great starting place in the company for me as a new mechanic. I learned more there than where I am currently stationed at Atlanta Headquarters. I felt like the Macon out station was more managerially structured for positive advancement. Unfortunately the ATL management thought otherwise and now ASA is suffering because there are not enough mechanics with book knowledge, commonsense knowledge, and hands-on experience with the aircraft fleet.

Cons

As a mechanic at ASA I "currently" would not recommend ASA as a starting point for a new mechanic. We currently have lost more than 50 mechanics in less than 3 months. There are several reasons why but the main reason is managements tyrannical attitude of "we have to do more with less", "just get it done",or "if you don't like how we do things here there's the door". This type of management is not good for a beginning mechanic. It is a hire and fire type of environment with no one willing to train and teach you all the necessary tools to do your job. When one is hired in ATL you will be on the floor for a short period of time (a few months if that) and then you will literally be thrown to the wolves. Almost every mechanic that I know even the ones that have been here for many years are trying to find work outside of this company. The ATL Headquarters has no management structure at all. I and other mechanics have been asked by upper management at several meetings "how to operate this company" because [they] don't know what to do. I'm not getting paid their salary nor is it my responsibility to run the company. I am only responsible for maintaining aircraft not a business. I may sound disgruntled...well I am because I went from an organized structure of ASA to a unorganized structure of ASA that has nothing together at all. It is really sad that ASA has a moronic system of management for its headquarters.

Advice to Management

Brad and management (from the lead mechanics to the COO) I want to tell you all this as along as management treat the mechanics like slaves or dogs you will lose so many people you will "never ever" be able to replace them. All I'm asking is that you all stop disrespecting people and pay us more or lower the top out period from 15 years to 7or 8 years. We know you all have money more than $700 million. Stop trying to use ExpressJet as an excuse for not having money dirty moves like that make the mechanics HATE you. We did not need a union for the mechanics but, because you all would not give pay increases or lower the top out years you lost and will continue to lose. If you don't give in soon your contract with Delta will be broken due to low goals. A company full of majority new mechanics is a big mistake something is bound to go wrong. Ask yourselves When will it happen? Why do you think so many are leaving? If you can by a $100 + million dollar company in cash you have money. And another thing the Trax program and parts department are totally in a mess. This inhibits progress when an aircraft needs to leave or be fixed. Being that ATL is ASA headquarters there is no excuse why we should not have every part that goes on the aircraft. If you [buy] the aircraft you should be willing to [have] all the parts needed for it to be fixed at all times PERIOD! No excuses. I could say more but I don't think I have enough room. But, please listen and take this as constructive criticism. You all can do better.