Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Farahi

1. "Guest Assistance Officer"

Pros

Free meal everyday, great employees casino wide

Cons

CEO does not know how to treat employees

2. "Worked here for a number of years."

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time

Pros

- Got along with most fellow coworkers
    - Free food at employee cafeteria basement
    - Pay was decent(at the time), so I'm sure this is a con now

Cons

- Biased HR and different departments/workers treated differently
    - No raises
    - Management is terrible
    - The higher ups micromanaged everything and criticized every possible thing
    - The workload was constantly being handed down starting from the top of the chain to the bottom

Advice to Management

- Your workers aren't trying to destroy the company
    - Stop micromanaging everything
    - Stop being biased and learn to treat everyone equally, it's very, very apparent especially HR

3. "HR"

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time

Pros

There are not enough good reasons to work at Atlantis with the experience I had with them.

Cons

Do not apply for an HR position unless you are Spanish.

Advice to Management

If John Farahi wants his Casinos to be a 5 Star Casino, first thing to do is fix your home. Fix your hiring procedure.

5. "Barista"

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa part-time

Pros

You get to learn many of the Starbucks recipes. You can drink many of the beverages. Tips are really good for the pay, but it also depends on the day/weather. Free meal every shift, but beware of the meal as many people have gotten food poisoning.

Cons

They give you about a week of training. If you are new, you will more likely close when you work. Closing at Java Etc on the weekends is the worst because you're open until 2:00 am and they give you an hour to close so you're there until 3:00 am. Management is uppity. DIRTY. MANY BARISTAS DON'T CARE ABOUT CLEANING.

Advice to Management

Make baristas clean more often. Or have two people closing so that one can focus on cleaning, and another can focus on putting everything away.

"Zachery Clark"

Current Employee - SPA Concierge in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - SPA Concierge in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at the Atlantis is that it is very good for future employers because of the experience you will get.

Cons

One of the cons of being at the Atlantis is that the pay isn't what it could be. Another problem is that with so many people in front of your department (such as executives) it takes a while for something's to be addressed in a proper time.

Advice to Management

The only advice to my management is they need to realize what great team members they have and not to take them for granted.

"middle management"

Pros

Property is nice. Most non management Co workers are very friendly. One free meal per day is a plus.

Cons

Pay is under industry standards. The benefits are possibly the worse in the area. Not even Flu shot is covered. No preventative coverage. They have figured out how to cheat employees out of getting over time pay. It's quite sad. They think that people are lucky to work here. It's dysfunctional.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge people when you see them in the hallway. If you can't pay an average salary, the at least enhance the benefits.

"overworked for little pay"

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always hiring for multiple departments

Cons

Extremely high turnover from every department

Advice to Management

Pay attention to employees needs. Keep them happy or they will not hesitate to work elsewhere. Bring back annual reviews.

9. "Good tips, frustrating environment."

Former Employee - Food Server
    Former Employee - Food Server

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa (More than a year)

Pros

- I enjoyed my co-workers here more than any other job. Together we had an amazing restaurant team. My co-workers were honestly most of the reason I was able to go into work near the end.
    - The hourly wage wasn't great (under 8/hr), however, the tips were fantastic and fairly consistent.
    - Free meal every shift

Cons

The management turnaround is ridiculous. In the almost two years I worked there my department went through 6 different supervisors. Our department should've always had 3 supervisors and for much of my time there we were getting by with only 2 and then having temp. managers from other restaurants come in. This led to lots of frustration from our over-worked and exhausted mangers which definitely effected the work environment.
    Also, there is incredibly intense pressure to be perfect all the time. Because the casino is pushing to be recognized by Forbes, there were all these steps of service you had to comply with. This in of itself is not a bad thing, we were always striving for improvement. However, when higher up management came in there was rarely ever any positive comments made. You could be doing everything else correctly, but if you forget an iced tea spoon (which no one wants anyway) or a napkin for a bar drink, you get to look forward to hearing about it from the higher ups and your managers. It became to feel like no matter what, no matter how good you were, it will never satisfy. Plus, with all these talking points the staff were being asked to hit, I found the entire experience of serving became very forced and scripted feeling, instead of welcoming and natural.
    This is just the tip of the iceberg. I could rant about the mismanagement and toxic environment and the lack of appreciation, but I digress.

Advice to Management

Take a step back and re-evaluate your priorities. Perhaps focus on creating a work environment were employees don't feel completely disposable and underappreciated. The Forbes goal is certainly obtainable, but you can't only bash on your employees.

10. "Stay away unless you are new and looking for some experience."

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time

Pros

Decent people at the line and direct supervisor levels. The management team tries to be courteous and mindful of their employees. They have such a high turnover rate so it is really easy to get a job that you might not be qualified for. Good place to get some experience before moving on to a better working environment.

Cons

The CEO is overly demanding and no matter how good something turns out he finds a way to criticize and make people feel bad about it. He frequently yells and treats his directors/managers like slaves and they in turn treat their employees the same in order to appease him. Overall a stressful working environment even though there is no reason for it. Everyone is constantly on edge and fearful of losing their job for little to no reason depending on the CEO's mood for the day.

Advice to Management

Nothing can be done here until the king decides to retire.

"Resteraunt Supervisor"

Former Employee - Restaurant Supervisor
    Former Employee - Restaurant Supervisor

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting the opportunity to work with team members that are good hearted hard working people that actually sincerely care for one another.

Cons

As you can see from all the other almost identical reviews this place has been the same way for a long time !! If you want to work for a place where you feel very replaceable and unappreciated then this is the job for you!!!

Advice to Management

It is not only the restaurants immediate supervisor and managers job to give thanks to team members. It wouldn't take much for the higher up management to take time out of their days to say THANK YOU..! Thanks to the frontline employees, the ones that keep that place going..! Without them there wouldn't be an Atlantis. My advice would be to get to know your employees on a personal level and if you do need to criticize for whatever reason follow that criticism up with a positive!!You will keep hard working team members a lot longer if you only show that you care.