Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.1
John Farahi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Decent for a little while"

Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Reno, NV

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, nice employees, free lunch

Cons

Management has no idea what they're doing, time off is impossible, money isn't as good as other casinos

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers

2. "Great place to develop strong guest service skills"

Former Employee - Server in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Server in Reno, NV

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people who work there are amazing. Free meal a day in the cafeteria and opportunities to grow with the company.

Cons

Defiantly working on holidays. Some times when its slow you have to go home early.

Advice to Management

Take some vacation days every once and a while.

"Zachery Clark"

Current Employee - SPA Concierge in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - SPA Concierge in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at the Atlantis is that it is very good for future employers because of the experience you will get.

Cons

One of the cons of being at the Atlantis is that the pay isn't what it could be. Another problem is that with so many people in front of your department (such as executives) it takes a while for something's to be addressed in a proper time.

Advice to Management

The only advice to my management is they need to realize what great team members they have and not to take them for granted.

"overworked for little pay"

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always hiring for multiple departments

Cons

Extremely high turnover from every department

Advice to Management

Pay attention to employees needs. Keep them happy or they will not hesitate to work elsewhere. Bring back annual reviews.

5. "Ex-employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A pay check. Some good people but scared and manipulated by the dysfunction and fear. Some of the food is good.

Cons

Hostile and dysfunctional environment led by micromanager CEO. People avoid him because he'll scream and personally degrade you if you happen to be in his path. Never seen anything like it. Surely the labor board should get involved at this place.

Advice to Management

Advice doesn't matter at this company.

"Easily the worst company I've worked for."

Former Employee - Restaurant Supervisor in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Restaurant Supervisor in Reno, NV

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With over 1800 employees there were a number that were real people. None found in any management role.

Cons

Hostile management team. No care or consideration for those who've truly built the casino, the "underhumans" "hourly employees", whom as management you are highly discourage from treating them due and proper respect. A disgusting environment.

Advice to Management

Do not run the casino as a kindergarten. Grow up, out on big boy and big girl pants and acknowledge those you're walking over to make a dime. You clearly have not built anything with your misplaced and misguided attempts at leadership. Management deserves no credit for growth. The employees do it all. STOP WORSHIPING JOHN FARAHI! He clearly likes it too much and has led you as "management" through the same fear and intimidation you have now adopted yourselves.

"Spa Attendant"

Current Employee - SPA Attendant in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - SPA Attendant in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Detailed training process. You get a free spa treatment when you are first hired. Work together with Spa Front desks, concierge, and pool attendant. Free meal every shift.

Cons

Lots of lifting, pushing, pulling of dirty laundry. Since it is a 4 star spa, random inspections are made to ensure you are keeping your area clean. Not very many tips and the pay is only 10 an hour. Overtime has to be approved by a manager and most managers don't want to give you overtime for staying 20 minutes later like they asked to complete a task or to listen to them give a group pep talk.

"My Review of The Atlantis Casino Resort Spa"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa (More than 5 years)

Pros

Atlantis is a 4 Diamond property because of it's employees! I truly enjoyed working there and my guests were like my extended family! The rooms are beautifully renovated, the casino floor is usually clean and the air quality is great (sometimes when you walk into other casinos the 1st thing you notice is the smoky air). The Spa is absolutely AMAZING and is ranked nationally! All the restaurants are top notch and by far the BEST in Reno!

Cons

If your manager/Director doesn't like you, you can pretty much kiss your promotion bye-bye. I worked in the VIP Department and in my 20 years of working in casinos (7 years with the Atlantis), I have NEVER seen such high a turn-over of employees who worked in the VIP Department whether it be Host, Executive Hosts, Admins, or Supervisors.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and pay them appropriately. This will create loyal employees who feel appreciated! Many times in my department I witnessed favoritism...certain people who could get away with anything and those that were scrutinized for no reason. Sadly, this caused us to lose some great employees! If there are complaints about a director/manager than the higher ups should look into it and not turn a blind eye.

"Overall good job, but stifling environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with some great people, job tasks pretty good, willing to promote from within

Cons

Management doesn't care about creative thinking, employees are expected to do things "the Atlantis way" even if it doesn't make sense, benefits are the worst I've ever had (no preventative care), and the pay isn't where it should be for a full time professional office position. Culture implies that work is the most important thing, and personal lives/families are an inconvenience.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees' ideas, treat them with respect, and understand that to get loyal employees who work their hardest - you need to treat them like they are more than slaves. People have families and lives outside of the office, you should give them the opportunity to enjoy life and give them the pay/benefits/vacation they deserve.

"Hostile Work Enviroment"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Linwood, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Linwood, NJ

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full time, health benefits were good

Cons

Not enough people to do required work. Uncaring upper management. Expectations too high.

Advice to Management

Learn to speak to emaployees. We are a team do not play favorites. Have some compassion. Not everyone wants to work 10 hours a day. You have a lot to learn about HR policies and what is politically correct in 2016. Respect is earned, just because my title isn't what yours is, does not mean I do not deserve respect.