Atlas Air Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Atlas Air Worldwide President, CEO, and Director Bill Flynn
Bill Flynn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Get to see the world (Exotic destinations and luxury charters) (in 3 reviews)

• very good company you get to meet PEOLPE around the world as you travel (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • away from home for a long period of time (in 5 reviews)

• Atlas uses an employment agency to manage the flight attendants to avoid union organizing (in 8 reviews)

1. "Best decision of my career"

Current Employee - Happy to BE Here Pilot
    Current Employee - Happy to BE Here Pilot

I have been working at Atlas Air Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

International experience and very rewarding missions.
    Great time to get on with Atlas Air and be in position when the new contract goes into effect.

Cons

Too much negativity from the new hires (former regional pilots). Their sense of entitlement is too much.

Advice to Management

Ensure new hires with a sense of entitlement are weeded out throughout the interview process.

2. "Awful management"

Current Employee - Flight Ops
    Current Employee - Flight Ops

I have been working at Atlas Air Worldwide full-time

Pros

Paychecks, though small, do not bounce.

Cons

The top 5 in management is only concerned with treating the company as an ATM. They paid themselves $66million in bonuses this year meanwhile all divisions are understaffed and underpaid, from pilots to travel coordinators. Our IT department is poorly budgeted leaving us with a website that is so slow to load it is virtually useless. It's pretty pathetic that a company with a market cap of $1.6Billion and can't even compete with the year 2000 technologically speaking. At the rate we are paying our execs, I wouldn't expect Atlas to not be run into the ground fairly soon. Stay away unless you don't value yourself as a person.

Advice to Management

Leave.

"Travel Coordinator"

Current Employee - Travel in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - Travel in Purchase, NY

I have been working at Atlas Air Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best is providing customers outstanding customer Service and assisting with their needs

Cons

Working understaff and underpay
    Not a good place to work

Advice to Management

Very poor management

4. "Flight Attendant"

I have been working at Atlas Air Worldwide full-time

Pros

You get to see the World!

Cons

Unstable right now due to Union negotiations.

5. "IT Department - Fail"

Current Employee - IT in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - IT in Purchase, NY

I have been working at Atlas Air Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Christmas paryt and raffles

Cons

No growth, horrible managerial decisions, no communication between staff/managers, horrible financial decisions, no budget money for evolving company etc..

Advice to Management

Stick to your promises, stop low-balling pay, make better financial/staffing decisions. Develop an ITIL standard and processes for an efficient and functional IT department.

6. "Flight Attendant"

Current Contractor - Flight Attendant in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Flight Attendant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Atlas Air Worldwide as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

International destinations straight out of training! The seniority list means nothing so you could get great great destinations randomly. Some nice, hard working employees who want the good of the company and truly go out of their way to help other employees and the guests (aka passengers).

Cons

We are required to live in Houston. The pay stinks. The flight attendants are contracted for Atlas Air so we have no pull for change! There is a union in place without a contract but negotiations are basically a joke, if it ever gets to a place that it is implemented FSI will fold its doors and start a new company without a contract. All employees working on the contract are required to sign a gag order and can not legally discuss it with other fa's. The pay is extremely low, you will now make 20,000-30,000 your first year flying no matter what they tell you in an interview situation. The company hates negative feedback and will not change. The owner of the company (FSI) is married to a lawyer for Atlas.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect rather than consider us the butt of a joke. The whole work environment is negative at this time. We feel that no one has our backs in management or the corporate headquarters. We feel that the owner of FSI is trying to get us to quit in retaliation of voting a union in place.

"Captain 747"

Current Employee - Captain 747 in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Captain 747 in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

stable, never furloughed, no bounced checks

Cons

contract is 20 years old, too many days away from home, pay is on the bottom of the scale, better opportunities elsewhere... does not compete with competitive contracts., best advice is to look for a more better Airline.

Advice to Management

treat employees better, share the wealth

"Pilot, Captain 767"

Current Employee - Airline Pilot in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY
    Current Employee - Airline Pilot in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY

I have been working at Atlas Air Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can't say too much good about the company, its nice to have gateway travel for the commute and they are so disorganized and disfunctional I manage to get a lot of time off.

Cons

They are so disorganized and disfunctional every day is maddening, you leave a wake of disdain and anger in your path on a trip as hotels are not booked, commercial deadhead flights are not booked or booked incorrectly, and ground transportation is a surprise if it actually does show up after a 20 hour duty day.

Not to mention the embarrassing pay that is so far below industry standard it is off the charts by a factor of 50%+.

Advice to Management

Instead of declaring war in your enoloyees and suing them, engage them and allow them to take pride in seeing the company succeed.

9. "College job"

I have been working at Atlas Air Worldwide part-time

Pros

great coworkers, good money here

Cons

shifty managment, out of touch

"Thinking of becoming an Atlas Air Flight Attendant? - Apply elsewhere."

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Atlas Air Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worldwide travel to some unique destinations. Great passengers.

Cons

The Atlas/FSI management literally go out of their way and are willing to waste money to make employees unhappy. Currently in contract negotiations which will be infinite. You have to live within about an hour of IAH airport in Houston.

Advice to Management

You have a lot of good people working for you, loyal talented people; but they are leaving in droves because you go out of your way to be mean. Promotion is totally based on making friends in the office, not tenure or talent. FSI - You are the puppets of Atlas but could help more if you wanted to. Sad.