Atlas Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Atlas Communications Reviews

4.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Got my Dream Career from this Experience, not my Bachelors!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Concord, CA

I worked at Atlas Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great mix of teamwork and independence with this company. They manage to bring the whole office together in a great friendly way. The meetings are always organized to be fun for the employees but extremely informational as well. I had a personal coach Mike who has been with the company for several years and is completely dedicated to what they do. It was refreshing and fun to be working with someone who is so in love with what he does. Mike was working with me day and night and he was a great resource for me. He was always available to answer questions I had and it was obvious he wanted me to become the best I could be. What I loved most about the company is they never let me lose sight of what my real goal was. I have a degree in geology and moved away from home to pursue a career in the field. I made this clear to them when they hired me and it was never a problem; in fact they honed my personal skills in a direction that helped me get my dream job. If you are looking to grow as an individual, I highly suggest you working with this organization. Personally, I had a short stay with the company; the only reason I left is because I got hired as a hydrogeologist faster than I anticipated. In cy stay, they taught me skills I will carry with me throughout my entire life. I used techniques they taught me in my interviews and I honestly believe this is why i got hired. You can be as smart as the day is long , but if you cannot talk talk to or relate with people you will always struggle in the work force. The owners and managers sent me off with a big congratulations. They helped me get where I wanted to be and I honestly felt like there was a mutual sense of gratitude we have for one another.

Cons

You have to work hard to be successful in this company. If you can introduce me to a company that you don't have to work hard for to be successful in, I will quit my job right now and come work for you.

Advice to Management

Keep taking everyone out for wings and beer every week, that never sucks.

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Concord, CA

I worked at Atlas Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None to state! Absolutely none. I can't explain how horrible this company is.. Stay away do not even go to a interview.

Cons

Are you looking for a job where you have to walk door to door selling AT&T Internet to customers who do not expect you to show up at their doorstep? If so, this job is for you! If you want to make barely any money that's solely commission based and walk approximately 5 miles a day this job again is for you! If you want to challenge customers to switch from their current provider and get yelled at by 4/5 customers again this job is for you!!!!! If you want to drive all around random cities with no gas compensation yayyyy you found your job. If you want to be working for a company where everyone believes in this satanic pyramid scheme this will be a lovely fit, you first go into a interview where they ask you about your challenges/goals/experience/weaknesses/strengths. They talk their company up and provide little detail other than its customer service / sales based. They call you for a second interview where you show up to just jump in some random employees car & drive approximately 1 hour away to go door to door in upscale neighborhoods to leach on customers to use AT&T for Internet tv and phone service. You will get yelled at by customers, you will feel embarrassed standing by the sales person as they introduce you by name to these poor customers, and you will want to run to the current Bart station. I would never ever work this job unless I had no other option. You go to decent homes & show up banging on doors until you get a answer & question customers until they switch to AT&T. If you do not make a sale you don't get paid. It's that simple. Do not expect to get reimbursed for you second interview either, you sign a waiver upon arrival. If you want to walk 5 miles a day in a neighborhood you know nothing about in the dark go right a head! If you want to disrespect people in their own homes go ahead and take this horrible job opportunity. You will achieve a higher sales experience at your local McDonalds along side with a small order of morals.

Atlas communications is a complete scam.
    Beware : unless you are one for scamming innocent people.

Advice to Management

Be upfront about your company and what the job entitles, stop being shady. Realize that 9/10 people have a brain and will never work for a company so scandalous.

"“Team Environment with Tons of Growth Opportunity”"

I have been working at Atlas Communications full-time

Pros

I like the fact that I have become part of the team since my very first day on the job. They provide hands on training and make sure that you have all of the tools to be successful. I am excited to keep growing in this company and look forward to take advantage of the management training program provided. I also like the fun business trips I get to go on.

Cons

It is challenging work. I would not recommend if you are not willing to work hard and be a part of the team.

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!!!!

"Amazing growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

I have been working at Atlas Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uncapped pay, fun working environment, potential for growth, amazing co-workers.

Cons

If you do not have good work ethic and a positive attitude then a position here would not be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Get those posters up in the office.

5. "This experience in this company is unlike any other. A lot of growth opportunity and crucial life skill development."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Concord, CA

Pros

Coworkers are more like family. Great training from the start. Learning new things everyday.

Cons

You will be made into a better you. Expect to work hard and you will go far with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you're doing. A lot of growth opportunity and a very welcoming enviorment to any and all.

6. "Buildings your student mentality , positive work ethics and advancing step by step and seeing your dream coming true."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Pros

Well, all the employees are friendly and positive .
    they are there for your sickness , happiness and a shoulder to cry on. You feel like you dont need any new friends.plus you get help when you need professional help.
    You will transfer from you to a new you and you eill be proud of what you become .

Cons

Too much fun is going on .;)

Advice to Management

To be honest the president of this office is the most intelligent and caring person.
    Join your new family and advance with them .

7. "Get pumped and grow yourself, as well as your bank account, every day."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Concord, CA

I have been working at Atlas Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic advancement opportunities, great financial possibilities, and people who love to work hard and play harder. A truly strong powerhouse office full of professional people who dress and act the part every day.

Cons

People are only limited by how hard they want to work. What one puts in, one gets out. It's that simple.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and maintain the fun, stimulating environment we all love at Atlas. "Only the best!"

"Account Manager/ Leader"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

There's no limit to the amount of money you can make and there is room for growth. Also you get paid every week.

Cons

Horrible hours, walking door to door, having to deal with very negative people both in the office and at the doors, and it is purely commission based so if you don't make any sales in a day it is a complete loss.

Advice to Management

Compensate gas money, don't have people drive out over an hour away every day, don't require unpaid office time every day, and be more professional.