Atlas Copco Comptec Reviews | Glassdoor

Ronnie Leten

1. "Great"

Former Intern - Intern in Charlotte, NC
    Former Intern - Intern in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Work Environment, the people, the experience

Cons

The pay and some job duties

Advice to Management

Great

2. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Voorheesville, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in Voorheesville, NY

I have been working at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well respected product in the industry, very knowledgeable and experienced coworkers

Cons

Inefficiency in many phases, lack of transparency with company goings-on

Advice to Management

Strengthen communication to the non-management employees, transparency

3. "Atlas Copco Comptech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorheesville, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorheesville, NY

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Technical specialists are long term employees who are very helpful and share their vast knowlege and work experiances. This is helpful in culturing and development of new employees.

Cons

Department frontline management seam to be disconnected in objectives and goals. Lack of consistancy business tools and communications needed to develope a stronger combined work force.

Advice to Management

Involve employees in the decision makeing processes that directly impact their performance and deviate from their job descriptions. Adapt and implement a comprehensive training program to include familiarization of functions by other departments for a better understanding of overall operations.

5. "Controls Engineer"

Current Employee - Controls Engineer in Medusa, NY
    Current Employee - Controls Engineer in Medusa, NY

I have been working at Atlas Copco Comptec (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice working environment. Good people.

Cons

Management needs to get there act together.

6. "Quality Assurance"

Former Employee - QA in Richmondville, NY
    Former Employee - QA in Richmondville, NY

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits. Good people to work with.

Cons

No training for new positions. No loyalty to long term employees.

Advice to Management

Give updated training for all new programs and procedures. Company structure is top heavy. Need to lower the head count of supervisor, not just the shop workers or the office workers.

7. "Good Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Guilderland, NY
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Guilderland, NY

I have been working at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flex Time is by far the biggest pro. They also will pay for further education as long as it's relevant to your position or position you wish to work up to. Every year and a half you can seek a new position if one is available and you are qualified for the position. I also very much enjoy speaking with the specialist and learning from them as they have years of experience and are rich encyclopedias of knowledge. I also enjoy the cafeteria which is very reasonably priced. Good selection in the vending machines as well. The shop floor is open to office employees (not to say we should be hovering down there) to inspect your jobs or others to get a better understanding or catch mistakes. Also, the shop floor workers are very helpful and always willing to explain (as long as they're not swamped). I'm sure there's more but I feel this is a good list for now.

Cons

Very little training is given to you as a new employee. This can be seen as both a pro and a con. I personally enjoyed the challenge of trying to learn everything I needed in order to complete the tasks at hand, others see this as an annoyance and struggle with the initial lag. Uniformity is also an issue. Due to the lack of training, many groups perform tasks using different methods. Because of this, when an end user within the company (i.e. Aftermarket, Quality Assurance, etc.) goes to grab information, it may not always be as clear or even in the same location as another group.

Advice to Management

Offer more training to new employees (or just show where to find a lot of the online training).

I'd also recommend slowly working with teams to set standards in areas such as document control, item creation and and descriptions. I am positive there are work instructions for all of this, but it still seems to be an issue between teams. Maybe discussing with the Engineering Team Leaders and Project Engineers what standards are used, what should be used, and what changes could/should be made to the current standards to better fit the current style.

All just my opinion though. =)

8. "Learned a lot and was involved in several different engineering areas."

Former Contractor - Applications Engineer
    Former Contractor - Applications Engineer

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment with team members willing to teach. Work was challenging and allowed for learning in many different areas.

Cons

Some changes to organizational structure leading to lay-offs. Poor planning when it comes to contract and new employees during times of growth or contraction.

9. "Pleasant and positive work environment"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Atlas Copco Comptec as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were friendly, polite, and helpful.
    Managers/supervisors were approachable.

Cons

Seemed like jobs were heavily influenced by red tape

"Not the best place for your career"

Current Contractor - Design Engineer in Albany, NY
    Current Contractor - Design Engineer in Albany, NY

I have been working at Atlas Copco Comptec as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent policies. Flex time, good benefits, Workload is reasonable, and the problems are rather easy to solve. Fabrication is on site which provides great experience.

Cons

Poor communication, tense work environment, very conservative atmosphere, poorly organized standards, very little room for creativity (which makes sense, as standards are tight), virtually non-existent training.

Advice to Management

Work to communicate with your employees better. Provide more concise feedback. Develop a training program! For a company that is so thoroughly standardized the lack of training makes absolutely no sense.

"Small Place To Work with limited Oppotunities but Management Supportive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I have been working at Atlas Copco Comptec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small space, everyone knows everyone else. Very family friendly. Supportive of employees but have limited resources.

Would pay for you to attend conferences, seminars, training. Many company activities for you to get to know other employees.

Cons

It is small so there is limited room for growth at that location. If you want to relocate, that is different.

Advice to Management

Try to provide more opportunities for younger/newer workers to move up (if qualified)..