Atlas Copco Construction Mining Technique USA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO
1 Rating

1. "Marketing 7 Service Operation manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Atlas Copco Construction Mining Technique USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Global travel and good working structure

Cons

Lower than average pay with constant structure changes of late.

Advice to Management

They need to try harder to retain great employees. There is no personal coaching to develop young talent.

"Technician"

Former Employee - Shop Service Technician in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Shop Service Technician in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Atlas Copco Construction Mining Technique USA (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, and safety training, variable compensation but may be taken away...

Cons

What appeared to be a great start at a career , this turned into and job and not a career. Suggestions and Support and employee input is selective. Company has been in business for a long time and has many different products. Support for this vast product line is POOR , information is very bad and time to complete repairs have been cut. Emailed a 2 different engineers on a question and did not get a solution/ansewer.

Advice to Management

Respect to lower employees , we are your bread and butter

"Bound by corporate Sweden"

Former Employee - Service Contract, Warranty and SSG Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Service Contract, Warranty and SSG Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Atlas Copco Construction Mining Technique USA (More than 10 years)

Pros

They are a good company in providing education and health benefits. Travel expenses etc are well paid and usually work with family matters very considerate. Very transparent with all profit and loss statements.

Cons

Where there is a problem rather than try to work with the employee they are financial driven to fire the employee than to help or work with the employee. Internal training is very poor they have a wide variety of products and stack more on you every day but they do not educate you about your new responsibility. There IT systems suck ten different places to find information about one product.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to your employees, help them rather than stack more duties on them. There is tremendous learning curve just knowing what products come from where. I loved AC and always will but I feel that I was kicked out the door because of my salary and service variance, I could have been asked for a pay cut or a different job but it was better to terminate.

"Product Manager"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Atlas Copco Construction Mining Technique USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company to work for. Treated me well

Cons

Didn't like that I got laidoff, but business was down

5. "No benefits"

Current Employee - North America Trainer and Administrator for Acconn in Bal Harbour, FL

I have been working at Atlas Copco Construction Mining Technique USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Long hours you must work. Yoga yoga yoga

Cons

Extremely hot days during the summer time. Cold days during winter

"Excellent Company"

Current Employee - High Voltage Technician in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - High Voltage Technician in Garland, TX

Pros

excellent working environment, had the ability to learn, to teach and broaden my skills

Cons

this company is the best

7. "Mid management"

I have been working at Atlas Copco Construction Mining Technique USA full-time

Pros

Great place to work if you don't mind working hard. Your hard work is recognized by most in upper level management. Treat employees very fair and most locations are like families (not common in most big companies anymore). Management listens to ideas from all levels of employees. It is also a great place if you want to be challenged and learn other business segments or applications, if you want to be challenged this is the place for you. Also do a decent amount of promoting from within. They do have a good benefit package and offer lots of training both formal classroom and online virtual training.

Cons

Some areas of business within the group are not on the same page and work in a way that creates internal conflict. When this happens we see too many people calling on the same customers (sometimes for the same products).

Advice to Management

Work collectively to show one face to the customers. We must be seen as Atlas Copco and not as different companies within Atlas Copco jockeying for position.

8. "A Great Company"

I worked at Atlas Copco Construction Mining Technique USA full-time

Pros

Good people base, great to work with on daily basis.

Cons

New style of management and lack of experience

Advice to Management

Respect the people, they are the company future.

9. "Employees 2nd Bottom line 1st"

Pros

Great benefits, nice people, enjoyable work, good advancement opportunities

Cons

Very little recognition for hard work, could care less about work life balance

Advice to Management

Do more to show you care about your employees. Greet them, be more friendly don't just talk to them when a problem arises, let them know when they are doing good as well. Do performance reviews on time, remember, you make the example for people under you.