Atlas Oil Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Atlas Oil Chairman & CEO Sam Simon
Sam Simon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will get free pop and coffee, too (in 9 reviews)

• There are no pros, they have the same benefits as everyone else (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Opportunity, the place is a revolving door (in 8 reviews)

• Leadership team is a very old boys club that YOU will never be a part of (in 7 reviews)

"Be A Part of Something Extraordinary - Disruption is Happening!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

I have been working at Atlas Oil full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Atlas has created momentum in the Oil & Gas arena and recently has transformed and heavily modified almost every part of its own business. Atlas is creating disruption and is growing fast and with clarity with the right people finally in the right seats. You got to get in on this at the ground level, but hurry up, Atlas is making moves.

Cons

This job is very demanding but often rewarding both professionally and financially.

Advice to Management

Continue headed on the path we're headed and keep the course. Just make sure to have some exit strategies in place to fall back to when Oil drops again. Always move forward, but be aware of our past.

2. "over worked under paid"

Former Employee - Driver in Victoria, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in Victoria, TX

I worked at Atlas Oil full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there were no pros here

Cons

just find a job elsewhere

"VERY POOR PLACE TO BE"

Former Employee - Crude Oil Driver in Midland, TX
    Former Employee - Crude Oil Driver in Midland, TX

I worked at Atlas Oil full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

THERE IS NOTHING GOOD TO SAY HERE

Cons

MANAGEMENT, PAY, BENEFITS, STEADY WORK

Advice to Management

Trust me when I say, "Stay Away". They only haul for one company. The so called supervisor will be nice to you at first, do something wrong, he will curse at you and treat you inhumane. No stability. Always changing the schedule. They expect you to pay for supplies and then get reimbursed, what a joke! They also can't even get a permanent mechanic.

4. "Poisonous Culture"

I worked at Atlas Oil full-time

Pros

Pay is very good. Employees are compensated for everything they do.

Cons

Political climate, back stabbing back biting little punks. Office personnel included

Advice to Management

Weed out the bad actors.

"Hahahahahahahahaha"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Atlas Oil full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Absolute zero. Don't walk away, run!!!!! This business is run by clowns!!!! From the owner down to all the VPs. They couldn't even tell when they were getting embezzled or would even listen when they were being told they were getting robbed by their upper management in their south texas division. Then when they finally find out, they fire 3 but leave the 4th because he is higher up on the corporate ladder. Then that person single handly runs it into the ground. My my my. Such a shame. I can't believe I even worked for this company. I take extremely hot showers everyday and I still feel dirty from having worked there. This company sucks sooo much that they even have to respond on glassdoor for themselves about how great a company they are. No one that has actually worked there will write that kind of review for them. You're not fooling anyone Sam and Bob!

Cons

Everything is a con about this place!! RUN CHILD!!! RUN!!!!

Advice to Management

Well, you can't fire the owner or anyone he seems fit, so no. Ah, wait a minute, is "Go to hell!" considered advice? Nah? Didn't think so.

6. "Want to live the dream, you have to work for it."

I have been working at Atlas Oil full-time

Pros

This company is on the move. Don't believe everything you read. It's a completely different place from 3-4 years ago. We are growing FAST. We have a solid foundation of team members who are all in it to win it. With the addition of Share Power, we all win when the company makes money. It's a wonderful benefit. We all work hard to get where we are. If you want to succeed and grow at Atlas, make your own path. Stretch your voice and be aggressive in your beliefs on how to make a difference. There is room all around you to make a way for yourself if you just look. This is a company for people that want to be better, work harder an grow both personally and professionally, but it won't be handed to you on a silver spoon. We all support those who go for it.

Cons

We work a lot of hours. This is a 24/7 business and it's easy to get burned out. Sometimes the opportunities to take time off are slim.

Advice to Management

Management needs to pay attention to this to keep everyone productive. Team leaders need to engage deep into their teams and learn what each person does to run the machine as efficiently as possible. No more room for egos in this place.

"The grass really is greener elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

I worked at Atlas Oil full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free pop. Some great people. As long as you are happy not trying to be efficient, not feeling like you matter, being given mixed messages day to day, you’ll be fine.

Cons

The longer you are there, the more self respect you lose. The executives are egomaniacs who don’t care one bit about anyone who works for them. But how could they? They are jerked around by an owner who uses and abuses them and they don’t have any other experience to know what it is like to work elsewhere since the owner has “owned” them for their whole careers.

Atlas has a great image for social media and new hires but you will mean nothing to them. It is all fake. They don’t do anything out of the kindness of their hearts. They do it because they will generate revenue and then they will beat up their back office staff while the back office works to clean up their messes. That wouldn’t be a big deal if they recognized it and treated everyone like they were truly appreciated.

They will hire you because you are “the brightest and best” (and you will feel that way). You will start making suggestions or asking questions and they will start making you think you are a pain in the butt and run over you. Moreover, you will start thinking you’re crazy. You are not crazy.

The only way to get a significant raise or promotion is to leave and come back.

If you have a big title, don’t think you will be able to make any decisions. You will not. You will, instead, be told exactly how to do your job. Wait, you won’t be told. You’ll be expected to know. The executives do not allow outsiders to come in and do anything other than what they would do. And don’t vary from whatever song and dance they have sold to Sam on their latest great idea. Hide from Sam. Don’t engage. You will pay for it one way or another.

Advice to Management

Don’t ever tell a new hire that they will be able to change anything. You won’t let them so they will get fed up and leave or you will dispose of them like the hundreds (if not thousands) that you disposed of before them to hit your numbers. Don’t lure people away from great (even if just stable) jobs and “eliminate their positions” only months later.

Know that life after Atlas is refreshing. Maybe you guys would want to check it out.

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Taylor, MI

I worked at Atlas Oil full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros, they have the same benefits as everyone else. They think a ten cents raise is great that is if you get one after you spend a few hours doing your own review.

Cons

The most unprofessional place I've ever worked. All the managers lie to the owner. They have let go at least 150 people in the last few years and about 20 have left on their own in the last year. Do yourself a favor DO NOT WORK HERE

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen even if you offered it . Bunch of ego maniacs that really think they know what they are doing. They have ran it into the ground.

9. "Working for the best Oil company employees thrive to be exceptional and they appreciated!!"

Current Employee - Transport Driver in Taylor, MI
    Current Employee - Transport Driver in Taylor, MI

I have been working at Atlas Oil full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Atlas Oil takes pride in there employees. Recognizing hard work and dedication! Rewarding employees with quarterly bonuses and exotic trips for two.
    Atlas Oil is more than a career or place of employment for me!
     Working for a company that gives back feels good . Yearly they host events for our Service men, women and there family's. Each employee is able to attend and give back. No matter what it is it's rewarding to say the least. Building parks for children and much more! For me its the all of these things in between that separates Atlas from the rest. This is what makes them the best!

Cons

Driving in bad weather. Watching out for the other drivers on the road that do not pay attention while driving!

Advice to Management

Investing in your employees daily makes us feel appreciated. You make sure our hard work dose not go unnoticed... Thank You!!

"What a SHAM!!!"

Former Employee - Assistant in Birmingham, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant in Birmingham, MI

I worked at Atlas Oil part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee & food.

Cons

The owner and his family act like they are Gods gift. There is not authenticity here. Plus they make you submit to a hair follicle drug test which I think is a little excessive.

Advice to Management

Leave your job to someone who actually knows what they are doing.