Atlas Oil Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 6, 2016

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Atlas Oil Chairman & CEO Sam Simon
Sam Simon

Pros
  • You will get free pop and coffee, too (in 7 reviews)

• Was not a bad work environment, the little perks were nice (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Core values are basically rehashed from any other company you may work for and not followed at all (in 11 reviews)

• Opportunity, the place is a revolving door (in 7 reviews)

1. "assistant manager"

I have been working at Atlas Oil full-time

Pros

Close to home, decent wages, friendly work environment. Managers are easy to talk to.

Cons

No room for advancement or promotions no matter how long you work there.

"Stay Positive!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

I worked at Atlas Oil full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was recently hired because I was able to put up with Atlas for so long. Seriously!

Cons

Wasting so many years at Atlas.

"Assistant to high level management"

Pros

nice office, free food, and some nice coworkers

Cons

lots of secrets, security cameras, misleading explanations. Hair follicle drug test for a part time position!

Advice to Management

Stop being so creepy!

"Fast paced company, lean staff, great people"

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Taylor, MI

Pros

Definite team mentality, challenging job, always moving towards goals and new projects. Senior management very transparent about company goals and how you fit in with it.

Cons

High stress and expectations. Low margin high volume company, not a lot of room for error. High turnover in some departments.

Advice to Management

Invest more in employees, try to stop turnover and develop people. Allow them to fail so that they learn and grow

"Environment is nice, but beyond the branding and soda pop fountain is unhappy workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

I have been working at Atlas Oil part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bright environment, snacks, pop fountain, weekly meeting

Was not a bad work environment, the little perks were nice!

Cons

Compensation!!, upper management relationship

Left since HR essentially gave me a laughable salary when I was offered a new position that actually gave me less tasks that the Atlas position offered. Why would I stay when you want to treat my position like it isn't worth anything?!?

Higher ups acted like you are all important regardless of who you are, but it was clear they had little clue of what you offer, and thought they were kings.

Co-workers would complain amongst each other... incompetent bosses/managers, unfair work load, overworked, etc. The company is cheap when it comes to what it offers you and what its needs are!

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth, treat them like humans, and make sure you see what everyone offers to their group/position and give tasks equally.

"flying by the seat of our pants..."

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

Pros

The owner and investors have put quit a bit of change into the operations in the chicagoland area with newer equipment and building. The money is fair if you do five or more loads a day and if a sixth day is avalible your pay is good at the end of the week thus keeping most of the drivers.

Cons

Poor comunication we have no manegment at the Hammond terminal to support the drivers just dispatch witch is in taylor. When problems happen we feel as drivers we have to deal with it ourselves and on the weekends we fly by the seat of our pants..This is a 24/7 operation we should have 24/7 support at the hammond terminal and not based in Taylor the people in Taylor dont know what we as drivers go thru to get the loads done or even how chicago works. Load pay is not what it should be we as drivers feel it should be looked at and the answer we get is there looking into it.

Advice to Management

Look at dispatch and how your trucks are being routed (waisting fuel) not all the time but most. Get 24/7 leadership down here(Hammond) and not just by phone.. Need Dispatchers from the chicago area that graphicly knows the chicago area. And get some newer tankers we are dealing with some old tankers 2 or 3 that either need to just haul ethonal or be put on the railroad time is money the old tankers take too long to drop fuel at stations with the rail or eth there is a pump that pulls the fuel out of the tank so using the old tankers does not waist time at these operations. Look at the load pay it does not make sinse. All of us that have been with the company for some time want to be proud and say I Work For Atlas Oil you say your the leader then show us make your workers want to come to work.