Atlassian Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 17, 2021

4.6
Atlassian Co-Founders Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Pros
  • "Great culture, excellent benefits, amazing work/life balance(in 75 reviews)

• "surrounded by extremely smart people(in 41 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Good positions tend to be available only in the US or Sydney(in 27 reviews)

• "Work life balance especially during WFH(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Awesome place to work

Jan 17, 2021 - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people - Amazing perks - Challenging work - Fantastic work-life balance Pretty good transition to working online. Very open and honest culture and they truly care about your growth within the team.

Cons

- Things move a bit slowly

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

the Unicorn of Tech Companies

Aug 21, 2020 - Loyalty Advocate in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- fantastic group of people, both professionally and personally - benefits are incredible and unmatched by any other company - amazing company with large goals and the ability to hit them and CEOs that actually give a crap about each employee - I feel very support by all my team leads and managers all the way up - flexibility is amazing, which makes my one con a positive, I can make up work when i need to or want to and take breaks when i need them as well - the ability to work from work, home, or anywhere - they do a fantastic job of keeping up the culture, the benefits, and making sure employees are happy and getting what they want out of their company

Cons

- work life balance definitely can depend on the team, I am pretty stretched thin most of the time - it can be hard to move up i the company because people stick around for so long that unless someone leaves a management positions it's already full - good and bad, i supposed, literally no one gets fired. This means you will have to work with people that really shouldn't be here (there are only a few, but they are around)

3. 5.0

Unicorn of Companies

Jul 1, 2020 - Enterprise Solution Architect in North Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management through the founders are highly invested in their employees. As an example, through the COVID-19 pandemic, they have constantly reached out and forced employees to take time off to help alleviate the stress some are enduring from having to manage working from home and their families. For those that work in the office, a high functioning and desirable environment is created by providing their employees with breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks, ice cream, and even an open bar at the end of the day. They are also plenty of mental break opportunities from board games, pool, foosball, video games and more Atlassian lives, breathes and eats their values. The values aren't just some gimmick that get referenced when people feel it is convenient. These drive all of the work and commitments that are made. From a compensation and benefits perspective, they really take care of their employees. Their unlimited vacation is truly unlimited. As an employee in my first year, I was able to have time off around the holidays with my family, spend a week with my daughter in Cancun, as well as take other days off to enjoy other time. After leaving a company where I had accrued over 5 weeks/year, I didn't find myself at the bottom just working without anytime to enjoy life. They strongly promote a work/life balance. It is for these reasons and so many more that contribute to a healthy work environment and happy employees. I work with some of the best people. I am so happy to call myself an Atlassian!

Cons

Honestly, Atlassian is so refreshing from the powerhouse corporate company from which I previously worked that I have nothing bad to say.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice change from the status quo in tech especially in Austin.

Sep 18, 2020 - Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are really so many it will be hard to summarize then all here. - Culture! If you are seeking a place that makes you feel cared about as an individual this is the place. In today’s times I’m grateful to be a part of the TEAM. - Benefits! Even without all the office perks like snacks, food etc. You will be given so much more than those “perks” that all tech companies assume makes their benefit package and culture great. There are too many to list but here’s a few; paid health benefits for the whole family, mindfulness and well being benefits, encourage volunteer time, encouraged work/life balance. - Growth! While the growth plan won’t be meticulously delivered at your feet you will be given the agency, opportunities to push yourself further without the fear of failing. They encourage everyone to do continuous learning either for your current role or the role you’d like to move to. - Change! I love evolving and making changes quickly when something is not working. I’d give 5 stars but we all recognize we can always be better and that includes our CEOs.

Cons

If you aren’t a “pick yourself up by the bootstraps” type I can see how the pace, transparency, and available content can be overwhelming on where to start and to continue. If you don’t like continuous improvement (frequent change) you will also not fit with the culture.

5. 5.0

Amazing company

Jan 9, 2021 - Technical Support Engineer II in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, excellent benefits, amazing work/life balance

Cons

Nothing much to speak of

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

In the crazy world of tech, this is one of the better companies out there

Jan 28, 2020 - Product Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My views are based on my experience at different tech startups to SMBs (and now Atlassian) in the Bay Area. + Culture here is generally a really positive one. The values are not just lip-service; they are lived. + Except for our quarterly earnings calls, I never see presentations about the bottom line. They are all about how can we do better by our customers and stakeholders. It's probably a different story in channel and field ops meetings, but as someone in marketing I find this unusual and refreshing. + I genuinely like pretty much everyone I come into contact with here. Great people. + Good work life balance. + Kick-ass office with nice amenities, workout room, rooms for parents, reflection room, massage chairs, bar, etc.

Cons

- We're not afraid to pivot, which inevitably means whiplash. It's not as extreme as a startup, but it still happens. Lots of org changes. - I'm told our base pay is not as competitive as other companies in the valley. Between the rest of our benefits and the great work-life balance, it's enough to keep me comfortable and happy. - I haven't seen any blatant examples of ageism, but I have noticed that everyone on my team and most people on adjacent teams are within 10 years of each other. FWIW.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

90 days review

Oct 16, 2020 - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work-life balance (regular 40 hours, expected online collaboration between 10-4 with lunch) - Great benefits, matching 401K, $500 covid home equipment purchase - Awesome culture: feel connected with everyone+++ - Great learning opportunities - solving interesting problems - Flexibility: adoption of async working style, many different career paths within the company, working from home

Cons

- Pay is not as much as FAANG - Sometimes feel the teams are in silo

8. 5.0

Great for new grads!

Nov 2, 2020 - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent new grad program with structure and mentorship. Competitive pay and benefits. Genuinely nice people to work with. Great company values that actually influence your work. Fantastic work/life balance.

Cons

Larger company, so less individual projects and responsibilities. High test coverage, so lengthy testing process for code.

9. 5.0

Great place to grow

Jul 20, 2020 - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- can make an impact as a young engineer, your opinion and ideas will be respected - engineers are encouraged to spend time learning new or deepening technical skills, great opportunity to grow as a more junior engineer - surrounded by extremely smart people - good work-life balance (on my team...see below)

Cons

- seems like work-life balance depends heavily on the team and management. I have colleagues on different teams who feel over-worked and burnt out, but this is not a problem on my team

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

An organization fueled by its values and mission

Aug 31, 2020 - Non Technical Role
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency of leadership, committed team atmosphere, work/life balance

Cons

Onboarding resources for non-technical employees are lacking (product training, tech lingo, etc.)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Reviews