Atomic Object LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Atomic Object LLC Reviews

Updated Jan 28, 2018

4.7
Atomic Object LLC Co-CEOs Shawn Crowley and Mike Marsiglia (no image)
Shawn Crowley and Mike Marsiglia
0 Rating
  1. "Amazing group of people, and the work is cool too"

Current Employee - Software Developer & Consultant in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Atomic Object LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are hands-down the best part about working at Atomic. Everyone is just a grade-A thoughtful, interesting, caring human being. I'd happily dig ditches for minimum wage with these people- it's a bonus that I get to do really interesting, challenging work with them. There's lots of good stuff to say about AO, but the simplest way to say it is to direct you to our value mantras (can be found on our website). It's a really remarkable, unusual thing to be able to say that we /really do/ live them out every day- it's not a marketing campaign or corporate BS.

Cons

The nature of the job is that you don't get to have much say in what you work on. But, it's highly varied, and you're never doing something boring for long.

Atomic Object LLC2018-01-28

"CEO"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Atomic Object LLC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people I get to work with, hands down.

Cons

Inadequate time to pursue all the cool opportunities work presents me with.

Atomic Object LLC2017-04-13

"Excellent Fit for a Lifelong Learner"

I have been working at Atomic Object LLC

Pros

From my challenging interview experience to my first projects, Atomic has given me a chance to dive into interesting work and craft my own professional development and growth. I wake up excited to come into work.

Cons

As put by another reviewer, "Atomic isn't a magical, perfect wonderland full of flawless people, but neither is anywhere else." That said, I feel empowered as an Atom to try to continuously make Atomic work better for me as an employee.

Atomic Object LLC2016-11-23
  4. "Join to Learn, Stay for the People"

I have been working at Atomic Object LLC for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at a consultancy like Atomic Object provides a lot of opportunity to learn: programming languages & tools, design practices, project process, and business domains. But where Atomic really excels is it's people. The company's values are truly reflected in its employees. Leadership is accessible, transparent, and attentive. Team members carry their weight and support each other. These are the people that I want on my team. There is ample opportunity for motivated individuals to identify an opportunity for change or improvement and then serve as a catalyst to promote that change.

Cons

Atomic isn't a magical, perfect wonderland full of flawless people, but neither is anywhere else. It's full of real people working hard and caring a lot about what they do, and owning up to their mistakes when they do happen. Some project assignments are less exciting than others, but none of the assignments are permanent. The company is growing in its ability to provide good support for teams and individual team members.

Atomic Object LLC2016-09-21

"A great place to work marked by trust"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Atomic Object LLC full-time

Pros

I've never worked anywhere else where we all trust and depend on each other quite like Atomic Object. Everyone in the company works toward a common goal of creating great software for customers, supporting each other. We all care about the work we do, about each other, and about the industry we are making an impact in every day.

Cons

Sometimes the West Michigan frugality creeps a bit too much into our culture. While Atomic is generous with unlimited sick time and other large-scale benefits, smaller-scale costs of doing business—be it money or time—are sometimes offloaded onto employees, and they can add up. While this is common in American business, it feels strange when it comes up at Atomic, because we do such a good job on the larger scale.

Atomic Object LLC2016-09-10
  6. "Atomic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Atomic Object LLC full-time

Pros

Great culture and coworkers that are authentic team players. Leadership with a holistic view of company success outside of the bottom line. Great Benifits

Cons

Working for a smaller company can mean less people to help even out the work load when things get extra busy.

Atomic Object LLC2016-08-15
  7. "Great place to earn and grow"

I have been working at Atomic Object LLC

Pros

Strong, consistent and generous leadership. Professional, intelligent co-workers. Plenty of opportunity to grow as a professional and a clear path toward equity.

Cons

Any of the normal cons to consulting work. Sometimes you have to deal with difficult clients.

Atomic Object LLC2016-08-11
  8. "A Supportive & Challenging Place to Work"

Designer in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Atomic Object LLC

Pros

Working at Atomic has been a great opportunity for me, and given me so many chances to improve my skill set. Employees and leadership care about their work, and the company, and are thoughtful in their decisions. AO has a solid culture and value set that are evident in the way we run projects, and have fun outside of work too. AO is small enough that you can have a voice if you want to work on changing something, and big enough to support perks such as growth via professional development, time to attend conferences, and great benefits/compensation.

Cons

Like any service consultancy, some projects are more interesting than others. Some projects can be tough and less creative, but you know you will move on to something else eventually.

Atomic Object LLC2016-02-25

"Interning at Atomic is a great oppurtunity"

Intern Software Developer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Atomic Object LLC for less than a year

Pros

Lots of exposure to tech, processes and companies.

Cons

Nothing bad comes to mind. Just make sure its the right place for you.

Atomic Object LLC2016-01-17

"Excellent small team software consulting"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Atomic Object LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart, capable people who live up to the company values. (The value statements are too colorful to cite on Glassdoor; my review kept getting denied so I just took them out. Read the values on the Atomic site. They are important and it's important that you believe them if you want to work here.) Most work is done with a project focus so scope is well-defined and most work can be done off-site at an Atomic office. Everyone is paid hourly (with a 40 hour a week floor if someone is on the bench), so unpaid overtime literally is impossible.

Cons

It's software consulting, so work varies greatly depending on the client. Some projects are more like staff augmentation or contracting. Some projects have hard deadlines that require more than 40 hours. Many projects are technologically uninspiring. A few projects have more non-Atomic developers, so the development culture will shift outside the Atomic norm and conflict over development practices, quality and delivery make you wonder why the client hired Atomic.

Atomic Object LLC2015-10-08

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 18 reviews