Attain Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Attain Chairman and CEO Greg J. Baroni
Greg J. Baroni

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Company who strives to educate, promote, and encourage hardworking consultants"

Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Attain full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Attain is a incredible company who strives to educate, promote, and encourage hardworking consultants. I work on the Higher Education team and honestly love my job. The team I work with is collaborative, positive, and mentoring. I am very luckily to often work with our CEO, partners, and clients. I started at Attain as a senior analyst and was quickly promoted to consultant. I have been given leadership opportunities to present to clients, manage projects, and develop strategies.

Attain has invested in my future by providing a Prosci Change Management certification opportunity and this year I am working with them to obtain my PMP. If you are willing to work hard, stay organized, and believe in the Attain values it is a positive place to work to advance your career and build strong business relationships along the way.

One of my favorite elements of Attain is, since it is smaller (550 employees) and quickly growing, you can develop ideas and they can actually be implemented. I have had the great opportunity to pitch ideas regarding the company to leadership and we are in the process of making them happen. It is an agile company open to feedback.

Attain has a laid back environment with no micromanagement. I work from home in the morning and head to the office around 10 - 11am to miss traffic. It's great.

Cons

Attain is a perfect fit for me and my personality. If you're looking for a job that you can be lazy at, stay in your own bubble, and not build relationships this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Develop a monthly email marketing campaign/blog which showcases the immense knowledge of our teams.

Attain Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Chief Marketing Officer

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on being a place for great ideas and the people who have them, and we’re thrilled that you’ve found that this sentiment translates into a positive and... More

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Attain full-time

Pros

open door policy by senior leadership.

Cons

fast growing company suffers from changing policies or not well defined policies

Attain Response

May 3, 2017 – President and COO

Thank you for your review of Attain. We are happy to hear that you too recognize the value we see in our leaders always being accessible to the team. Given your role as a manager, we know you that... More

3. "Growing Company"

Current Employee - Field Office Systems Administrator in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Field Office Systems Administrator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Attain full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Attain is a great company to work for and has really grown over the last 3 years.

Cons

Each contract that Attain holds is different.

"Great Company, Laid Back Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Attain part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am very happy with Attain. I have been with the company a little more than 6 months and have enjoyed every minute of it. I work part time remotely. Management in the Financial Aid Management and Student Services division trust their employees to get the job done. There is no micro-managing. Because I am part time, I can't truly speak to the benefits but the pay is great!

Cons

There is little guidance in regards to projects. Thankfully, I have a good relationship with my manager and am comfortable asking questions.

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Analyst in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Attain full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company cares about their employees. Benefits are great! They encourage you to broaden your goals and move up the ladder when the opportunity opens up for you.

Cons

I wish the pay was better as I had to take a small pay cut to come to this company. This encourages me to apply for other positions within the company when the opportunity comes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Attain full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good management, pay, benefits, not a huge behemoth of a bureaucracy.

Cons

Not much to think of here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

7. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Clinton, MD
    Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Clinton, MD

I worked at Attain (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work with especially for those just entering the workforce. Gained very valuable experience with them.

Cons

No cons from my experience.

"Definitely do not recommend"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rockville, MD

I worked at Attain full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid on time. Frankly, I have worked for several federal contractors and Attain has absolutely nothing that they do that is better than any other contracting company.

Cons

Having been in government contracting for 20 + years, it's my humble yet well formed opinion opinion that indeed Attain only manages to bring in so much business because they pitch government contracts on "cheap", fill all the positions with "cheap" junior developers realizing full and well that losing X number of contracts because of low quality is a business decision. They have created a perfect vehicle for churning government contracts. My own communications went to the level of an Attain VP and I found him to be evasive and non-committal. Project managers will tell you practically anything to get you on board. Ultimately, I ended up leaving on my own terms which turned out to be the best thing ever. I recommend Attain to no one in my network, and in fact, I go out of my way to discourage working for them because federal contracts are a dime a dozen in DC and you don't want to work for Attain THAT badly (Unless you're really junior, starting a career and then making a swift exit)

Advice to Management

At some point, customer service is important. You should really focus on that because you're reputation is only going to suffer more.

9. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Vienna, VA

I worked at Attain full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great leadership and management stands by core values.
    Grants you opportunities to grow in your profession and skill set. Encourages self motivation and no micromanagement!

Cons

None that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership and trust you've earned from your staff!

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Opportunity for advancement within the company.

Cons

I don't have any at this time.

Advice to Management

N/A