Attain Reviews in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

4.3
Attain Chairman and CEO Greg J. Baroni
Greg J. Baroni

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Company who strives to educate, promote, and encourage hardworking consultants"

Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Attain full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Attain is a incredible company who strives to educate, promote, and encourage hardworking consultants. I work on the Higher Education team and honestly love my job. The team I work with is collaborative, positive, and mentoring. I am very luckily to often work with our CEO, partners, and clients. I started at Attain as a senior analyst and was quickly promoted to consultant. I have been given leadership opportunities to present to clients, manage projects, and develop strategies.

Attain has invested in my future by providing a Prosci Change Management certification opportunity and this year I am working with them to obtain my PMP. If you are willing to work hard, stay organized, and believe in the Attain values it is a positive place to work to advance your career and build strong business relationships along the way.

One of my favorite elements of Attain is, since it is smaller (550 employees) and quickly growing, you can develop ideas and they can actually be implemented. I have had the great opportunity to pitch ideas regarding the company to leadership and we are in the process of making them happen. It is an agile company open to feedback.

Attain has a laid back environment with no micromanagement. I work from home in the morning and head to the office around 10 - 11am to miss traffic. It's great.

Cons

Attain is a perfect fit for me and my personality. If you're looking for a job that you can be lazy at, stay in your own bubble, and not build relationships this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Develop a monthly email marketing campaign/blog which showcases the immense knowledge of our teams.

Attain Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Chief Marketing Officer

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on being a place for great ideas and the people who have them, and we’re thrilled that you’ve found that this sentiment translates into a positive and... More

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Attain full-time

Pros

open door policy by senior leadership.

Cons

fast growing company suffers from changing policies or not well defined policies

Attain Response

May 3, 2017 – President and COO

Thank you for your review of Attain. We are happy to hear that you too recognize the value we see in our leaders always being accessible to the team. Given your role as a manager, we know you that... More

3. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Clinton, MD
    Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Clinton, MD

I worked at Attain (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work with especially for those just entering the workforce. Gained very valuable experience with them.

Cons

No cons from my experience.

"Definitely do not recommend"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rockville, MD

I worked at Attain full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid on time. Frankly, I have worked for several federal contractors and Attain has absolutely nothing that they do that is better than any other contracting company.

Cons

Having been in government contracting for 20 + years, it's my humble yet well formed opinion opinion that indeed Attain only manages to bring in so much business because they pitch government contracts on "cheap", fill all the positions with "cheap" junior developers realizing full and well that losing X number of contracts because of low quality is a business decision. They have created a perfect vehicle for churning government contracts. My own communications went to the level of an Attain VP and I found him to be evasive and non-committal. Project managers will tell you practically anything to get you on board. Ultimately, I ended up leaving on my own terms which turned out to be the best thing ever. I recommend Attain to no one in my network, and in fact, I go out of my way to discourage working for them because federal contracts are a dime a dozen in DC and you don't want to work for Attain THAT badly (Unless you're really junior, starting a career and then making a swift exit)

Advice to Management

At some point, customer service is important. You should really focus on that because you're reputation is only going to suffer more.

5. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Vienna, VA

I worked at Attain full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great leadership and management stands by core values.
    Grants you opportunities to grow in your profession and skill set. Encourages self motivation and no micromanagement!

Cons

None that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership and trust you've earned from your staff!

"Client Success, Personal Reward"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Attain full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I consulted to Attain for 4-years prior to joining them on a full time basis. My experience has been extremely positive throughout my tenure. In my role, I work closely with Attain’s client teams to capture and retain business. In all of the efforts I have supported, never have I seen words in the proposal mean anything less than what they say – Attain is committed to delivery excellence and client satisfaction – that is what is written and that is what is intended. Although I have no direct involvement with clients, I am incented to contribute to their success and am rewarded for doing so.
    Pros
    - Core values are communicated and enacted
    - Employees are encouraged to chart an accelerated career path
    - Quality of life matters – while hard work is expected, the conditions are excellent and quality effort is rewarded
    - Corporate sponsorships (e.g. National Kidney Foundation, Women’s Center of VA) are socially relevant

Cons

If you need to be told exactly what to do every work day, this company is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting Attain's core values - they are genuine and are applicable both professionally and personally.

"Disparity between partners (mgmt) and employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Pros

Partners have a long history of working together despite the company being less than 6 years old. Pay was on the higher end of the market.

Cons

Very little infrastructure to support a growing business. While given the charge to develop process (records management, deal tracking, etc.), every attempt made to establish essential business processes was not supported. No real team effort or collective focus on overall success, only personal success mattered. office politics at its worst.

"It's been a rollercoaster ride"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Attain full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management is improving. There seems to be an emphasis on improving the management and training managers to be better. It seems like someone is listening.
    CEO is fantastic and really cares about the company.
    Flexible time off. Encouragement to participate in the community.

Cons

Changing requirements for performance evaluations.
    Inconsistent management.
    Underpaid.
    Severe lack of female leadership.

Be consistent.

"The best career path I know of in the consulting industry"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Attain full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Independence, empowerment, growth, mentorship, superior management team

Cons

Resource constraints, high expectations, up or out model

"Very disrespectful and no professional growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Pros

Govt contract grabber. So there you go, if you wanna work as a contractor to the US Govt. Even though they do not get contracts these days but still.

You get your paycheck on time.

Cons

1. Bad management
    2. Very non-personal even though small
    3. Business is slow and they do not have a lot of contracts
    4. Striving for growth opportunities is only limited to their speech for the annual party

Advice to Management

1. Please focus on business and get enough contracts to give challenging work to the employees.
    2. Do not lie.