AuPairCare Reviews | Glassdoor

AuPairCare Reviews

Updated Nov 15, 2019

4.4
AuPairCare CEO  (no image)

"Area Director"

Area Director

I have been working at AuPairCare

Pros

Really skilled and attentive employees right on down from the president, headquarters group to regional managers and area directors. Everyone is interested in making good au pair matches for both the au pair and the host family and work towards keeping the matches healthy and happy throughout the program year. Good company systems and processes support the organization and its participants.

Cons

The Area Director job is extremely fulfilling and a great work-from-home situation, but earnings potential is limited for the number of hours needed to take care of a team cluster. There are no employee benefits provided to area directors in their position.

Advice to Management

Provide the ability for area directors to buy into medical insurance, life insurance, 401k, etc. at company plan rates.

AuPairCare2016-01-07
  2. "Cool experience but not a great pay."

I worked at AuPairCare full-time

Pros

Company takes a good care of aupairs when there is a problem. Lots of fun events. Living with the family is a great way to get to know their culture, traditions and language.

Cons

Low pay for the aupairs for what they do for the families and how many hours they work. Usually aupairs don't just take care of kids but take care of the house and other related errands.

Advice to Management

Raise the salary for aupairs, they really do work hard. Offer some benefits to the aupairs.

AuPairCare2015-10-22
  3. "Good job"

Former Employee - Aupair in Mountain View, CA

I worked at AuPairCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good job for young people to try themselves to work in new country, to learn new language and new culture

Cons

Very hard work, 45 hours a week for very low salary, sometimes can be stressful , salary is around 4$ in a hour

Advice to Management

Check up families more often

AuPairCare2015-09-20
  4. "Being an Aupair was a great experience"

Former Employee - Au Pair in Kirkland, WA

I worked at AuPairCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

the best experience of my life my espectations were really clear since day one, Eventhou I rematched, the procees went smooth and left the family in really good terms, my new family was so great that extended for one more year, it really hard the adaptation to new families but no impossible and my area coordinator in Washington was super helpful. the program allows you to travel one month after your are done with... your years, you meet people from all over the world and get to know the american culture better. there were around 30 Au pairs in my area!!!!

Cons

the families need to be screen properly as well as the Aupairs to avoid rematchs. 45hrs its too many hours, I wish it was 40-42 hrs a weeks, the salary is low for Au Pairs

Advice to Management

some area coordinators are not 100% involve with the program

AuPairCare2015-09-16
  5. "Great agency for au pairs"

I worked at AuPairCare

Pros

As an au pair my concerns where always addressed and the experience was great

Cons

Low pay for the au pairs even though most work a lot

Advice to Management

broaden recruiting ways

AuPairCare2015-08-11
  6. "Good place to get your start but not to grow (HQ review)"

Worked At HQ in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AuPairCare

Pros

Every day is interesting and different so you rarely get bored. It can be a fun work environment with company wide events and parties, and there are a lot of young co-workers. The company is very open to change and enjoys hearing ideas from employees on how to better their process. It's a good place to get skill sets to be applied at future jobs (handling elevated customer issues, sales, international relations,... government procedure with regards to international exchange).

Cons

Low pay and limited opportunity for growth. There is a lot of turnover at any level below director because the employees can get paid more doing similar work elsewhere. The company would also prefer to keep managers/directors who are unqualified for their jobs or just plain lazy rather than taking a step to make improvements or hire more qualified people. This can be frustrating for those working hard at a lower... level, especially when there is no way to move up and that hard work is recognized verbally, but not monetarily or with promotions. There are a lot of angry customers to deal with, but as long as you can get used to it, you don't need to see this is as con necessarily.

Advice to Management

Recognize your quality employees who work hard for the company and pay them accordingly if you want to keep them. Some of the higher ups are coasting, never bother to learn the duties/jobs of the people they manage, push their tasks off to others, or go on facebook or play trivia crack at their desks while the team under them works non stop (I've seen it!).

AuPairCare2015-06-25
  7. "They sponsor your visa and contact you to the family, that's all!"

Former Employee - Aupair in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at AuPairCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Have a lot of families. Good health insurance. Good web page.

Cons

Horrible area directors. They just care about the families, not the aupairs. They see they aupairs as merchandise, not as humans. They are not helpful in case you have a problem. They don't make sure families follow the contract.

Advice to Management

Department of State needs to control the AUPAIR agencies.

AuPairCare2015-04-27
  8. "This company was fun to work with but the pay was low."

I worked at AuPairCare

Pros

They had many fun employee events.

Cons

The pay was low considering it was located in San Francisco.

AuPairCare2015-04-06
  9. "You have to skype many times with the family to make sure they are good for you"

I have been working at AuPairCare

Pros

They helped me everytime I needed. The area director once you get to USA is your link with the company. I have been very lucky with her but I know others that just care about the family

Cons

You don't just take care of the kids... You have to do more chores in the house

AuPairCare2014-12-27
  10. "au pair"

Former Employee - Aupair in McKinney, TX

I worked at AuPairCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

learning a new culture, new language, and being hosted in an american family. You will learn a lot about American culture, and the family's culture.

Cons

Really depends on what family you get. Sometimes they will ask you to work on a Sunday the same day, so if you have already made plans, you will have to cancel them, etc. Be sure to ask the family the work schedule and if they tell you in advance about work on weekends. Do not count on the aupair advisor of your region to help you (at least the one I had). They always take the side of the family.

Advice to Management

Choose your family wisely

AuPairCare2014-12-01