Auburn Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Auburn Regional Medical Center Reviews

Found 6 reviews

3.4
  1. "Auburn Regional is undergoing a lot of positive change."

I have been working at Auburn Regional Medical Center

Pros

It's exciting to work at a place where change can happen rapidly once decisions are made. We have a new CEO and essentially a new leadership team who are very committed to change. I'm seeing people take risks and make improvements happen at an organization where things were pretty stale. Not everyone likes to be part of that kind of transition, but if you like seeing results, this is a good place to be right now.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to overcome the past and some people don't like to change. There's still some "wait and see" kind of folks who you have to win over. And, we still need to work on communicating internally, but it's gotten a lot better.

Advice to Management

Stick to it! We've just learned that patient satisfaction has improved 10-fold in the past 4 months. It isn't easy to make that kind of significant change and we're all working harder than maybe we'd like to for the moment -- but there's a goal in sight and it feels like we're making progress. Keep going!

Auburn Regional Medical Center2011-09-19
  2. "Auburn Regional"

I worked at Auburn Regional Medical Center

Pros

Great Network, Great Company, Great benifits and the company is real fair.

Cons

There is Not enough staff.

Auburn Regional Medical Center2014-12-03
    • "Big changes at Auburn Medical Center"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Auburn Regional Medical Center full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Since October 1, 2012 when Multicare bought this facility, there have been many positive changes. High quality, safe patient care is now the focus here. There is a intensely focused effort to improve all aspects of patient care.

Cons

The nursing and tech staff still do not have a contract with Multicare. We are currently in mediation after failing to come to agreement with management about wages. If Multicare wants to succeed in King co, they will need to pay the staff wages that are comparable to other King Co facilities.

Advice to Management

Nurses are currently very engaged and very much want to be instrumental in implementing all the positive changes at AMC. However, if we continue to work without a fair contract morale will start to deteriorate.

Auburn Regional Medical Center2013-06-12
    • "Reputation has improved in the last year from where it was and working at ARMC is amicable."

I have been working at Auburn Regional Medical Center

Pros

Pay, location, parking, internal events

Cons

For profit, low employee satisfaction

Auburn Regional Medical Center2012-05-17
    • "Wow, this place is embarrassing"

I have been working at Auburn Regional Medical Center

Pros

I guess the only thing I can say here is that it seems to be doing ok financially, and it's healthcare so I guess it's fairly stable, although they do like to fire people for no reason.

Cons

I have never worked with such incompetent leadership in my life. No one has a vision, no one is on the same page, and they act like it's still 1980. This is a VERY anti-union company, very republican conservative, and that really stands out in the Seattle area. Turnover here is incredible, and if you tell anyone you work here, they either say they feel sorry for you, or they will share horror stories about their care.

Advice to Management

Get with the program-- it's 2011. Get rid of incompetent leadership (specifically the CNO), actually staff your departments appropriately, and have a real education department.

Auburn Regional Medical Center2011-09-14
    • "Steer Clear"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Auburn, WA

I worked at Auburn Regional Medical Center

Pros

If you want to work in a 1960's environment -when employees must be always subordinate and keep there mouths shut regardless of dangerous patient care to protect the company, well then,this is the pace for you. Patients beware!

Cons

A medical person is risking their licence practicing at this place. They often use untrained personell to care for complicated care.

Advice to Management

Seriously consider Quality of care as opposed to the bottom line dollar

Auburn Regional Medical Center2008-06-16