Auction.com Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Auction.com CEO Tim Morse
Tim Morse

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people and team oriented environment (in 10 reviews)

• Good pay- the company takes care of their employees & organizes fun events for colleagues to mix (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Company culture reflects their poor skills when working with employees (in 3 reviews)

• I was hired as an Auction Coordinator / Trustee (in 4 reviews)

1. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Auction.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Auction.com has outstanding leadership with a great culture which encourages
     professional growth and internal mobility. The GM and extended leadership team keeps employees informed on business strategies, outlook and provide clear goals to ensure our success. The company provides comprehensive compensation as well as benefits. They have great employee perks- Onsite they provide snacks, and a nice cappuccino/ coffee machine on every floor! It is a great environment to work in!

Cons

We really don't have much in terms of Cons. The only thing I would mention is to have additional healthy snack options. They provide some however it would be great to add a few more. A variety of protein bars such as Think Thin bars and Luna bars. The fruit provided is nice however it would great to add bananas too.

Advice to Management

Please continue to keep employees informed so we can be successful in driving toward company goals.

Auction.com Response

Dec 10, 2017 – VP, People & Culture

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! It's always good to hear that our teams feel informed on our business strategies and appreciate our thoughtful selection of benefits and perks. We'll... More

2. "Sweat shop"

I have been working at Auction.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch on Wednesday’s and location. That’s it. Everything else is a con, but I’m required to write a 20 word minimum review.

Cons

Sweat shop environment, low pay and almost no PTO. Not family friendly at all. They don’t care about their employees or their families. It’s literally a sweat shop environment and no leniency at all when it comes to your personal lives or needs outside of the company.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your most valuable asset, but you treat us like we are robots in a sweat shop. We have lives, and unfortunately, things come up. Be more lenient with us when emergencies happen. Work with us.

"Great while in school"

Current Employee - Auction Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Auction Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Auction.com part-time (More than a year)

Pros

High pay for hours you get

Cons

Very few hours, unlikely to cover all expenses alone

Advice to Management

Find more oppurtunities to work outside of auctions

4. "Great people, toxic environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

I worked at Auction.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Good location
    Free food
    Great people

Cons

Lack of company culture
    Toxic engineering environment

5. "Manager Area/State"

Current Employee - Manager Area/State in Conyngham, PA
    Current Employee - Manager Area/State in Conyngham, PA

I have been working at Auction.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, feel very valued as an employee

Cons

Nothing to report on here

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Associate"

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Auction.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Founders are extremely entrepreneurial and they create an entrepreneurial environment. High performers are rewarded with exposure that may not be afforded at more traditional firms. If you are able to lock down a business development position with the company, earnings can be almost unlimited.

Cons

Prior to being acquired by Private Equity shop Stonepoint Capital, this company was a legitimate auction house with non-college educated auctioneers running everything from the setup to the sales. They would hit the road and party together and were one big happy family. There is a bit of a culture clash between the new employees and the old employees

Advice to Management

Move towards institutionalization, professionalism and a work environment where those with the biggest ROI are rewarded and those who help with logistics are more support staff.

7. "If you want Fridays only and not advancedment"

Former Employee - Auction Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Auction Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Auction.com part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay compensation
    Auction day advancement
    Potential to travel around your state (only if your state has weekly auctions)

Cons

No corporate advancement
    Working outside in all seasons in all weather conditions
    No benefits
    Multiple restructure changes during my employment and not good communication

Advice to Management

Needs better communication to remote staff. Sometimes it feels like we are forgotten because we are not at Irvine.

"Contract writet"

Pros

Great company to work for with good pay.

Cons

Not enough work, the lack of work is what made me find another company

"Could not afford to work there..."

Former Employee - Auction Coordinator/Trustee Auction Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Auction Coordinator/Trustee Auction Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Auction.com part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic group of people with excellent benefits IF you can afford to pay a company to work for them. From beginning to end I applaud Ten-X / Auction.com for their willingness to support, train and welcome me. I also LOVED the endless amount of my interaction between the courthouse personnel, customers (investors/homeowners etc) and seemingly endless amount of people approaching
     me for my company information. I LOVE working and LOVE people so in many aspects, it felt like a win/win situation. It absolutely killed me to have to leave. If I'm hired to do something, I expect to get the pay promised... not chase after it only to see that it's substantially less than half!

Cons

I was hired as an Auction Coordinator / Trustee Auction Manager. It is a part time position, that when I was assigned an Auction, I was guaranteed a good wage for a min. of 4 hours (they say even if I worked 3). The problem was the unpaid portion driving my pay to substantially below less than half. More often than not I would accumulate 1-2+ hours of drive time to/from an auction. My gas bill was through the roof! So with zero mileage reimbursement, wear tear on my car or car depreciation consideration, state tax, my fairly "great pay, part time job" was actually full time hours at pretty darn close, if not right at or below, minimum wage. Note: they justify this by stating at times you don't work a full 4 hours so it 'works itself out' however I never found myself working anything less than 4 hours. Reality is you drive 2-3 hours UNPAID, spend 20-30 minutes walking to/from parking lots and waiting to go through courthouse security UNPAID, work 4 hours paid, drive to fed-ex then go home and spend another hour prepping files/printing docs for the next day. In closing: My time became more valuable than minimum wage and below when I was 16! I will say that if I wanted to pay a company to work for them, Ten-X / Auction.com would absolutely be the one!

Advice to Management

You have an EXCELLENT group of employees in North Carolina (many of which are the first if not only face to face or other point of consumer contact) who work incredibly hard and who are dedicated to the success of your company - pay them a fair wage!! Even and especially the ones on salary! It is incredibly disturbing to see them working endless hours due to what I would consider the inability to keep my position staffed due to pay issues. Your company preaches a work/home life balance but all I see for these employees is low pay working around the clock and ZERO time for their families. That's by far not ok... it's incredibly sick to see what they sacrifice for you.

10. "client manager"

Pros

Great people and management willing to adapt to grow.

Cons

low moral, office space was a bad layout.

Advice to Management

keep adapting to changes