Auction.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Auction.com CEO Tim Morse
Tim Morse

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance & wellness programs, plus a gym on-site (in 7 reviews)

• Great people and management willing to adapt to grow (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • boys club with this layer of management so there is no room for growth (in 4 reviews)

• My current management team actually understands marketing and what I do so that is good (in 3 reviews)

1. "If you want Fridays only and not advancedment"

Former Employee - Auction Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Auction Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Auction.com part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay compensation
    Auction day advancement
    Potential to travel around your state (only if your state has weekly auctions)

Cons

No corporate advancement
    Working outside in all seasons in all weather conditions
    No benefits
    Multiple restructure changes during my employment and not good communication

Advice to Management

Needs better communication to remote staff. Sometimes it feels like we are forgotten because we are not at Irvine.

"Could not afford to work there..."

Former Employee - Auction Coordinator/Trustee Auction Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Auction Coordinator/Trustee Auction Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Auction.com part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic group of people with excellent benefits IF you can afford to pay a company to work for them. From beginning to end I applaud Ten-X / Auction.com for their willingness to support, train and welcome me. I also LOVED the endless amount of my interaction between the courthouse personnel, customers (investors/homeowners etc) and seemingly endless amount of people approaching
     me for my company information. I LOVE working and LOVE people so in many aspects, it felt like a win/win situation. It absolutely killed me to have to leave. If I'm hired to do something, I expect to get the pay promised... not chase after it only to see that it's substantially less than half!

Cons

I was hired as an Auction Coordinator / Trustee Auction Manager. It is a part time position, that when I was assigned an Auction, I was guaranteed a good wage for a min. of 4 hours (they say even if I worked 3). The problem was the unpaid portion driving my pay to substantially below less than half. More often than not I would accumulate 1-2+ hours of drive time to/from an auction. My gas bill was through the roof! So with zero mileage reimbursement, wear tear on my car or car depreciation consideration, state tax, my fairly "great pay, part time job" was actually full time hours at pretty darn close, if not right at or below, minimum wage. Note: they justify this by stating at times you don't work a full 4 hours so it 'works itself out' however I never found myself working anything less than 4 hours. Reality is you drive 2-3 hours UNPAID, spend 20-30 minutes walking to/from parking lots and waiting to go through courthouse security UNPAID, work 4 hours paid, drive to fed-ex then go home and spend another hour prepping files/printing docs for the next day. In closing: My time became more valuable than minimum wage and below when I was 16! I will say that if I wanted to pay a company to work for them, Ten-X / Auction.com would absolutely be the one!

Advice to Management

You have an EXCELLENT group of employees in North Carolina (many of which are the first if not only face to face or other point of consumer contact) who work incredibly hard and who are dedicated to the success of your company - pay them a fair wage!! Even and especially the ones on salary! It is incredibly disturbing to see them working endless hours due to what I would consider the inability to keep my position staffed due to pay issues. Your company preaches a work/home life balance but all I see for these employees is low pay working around the clock and ZERO time for their families. That's by far not ok... it's incredibly sick to see what they sacrifice for you.

"Contract writet"

Pros

Great company to work for with good pay.

Cons

Not enough work, the lack of work is what made me find another company

4. "client manager"

Pros

Great people and management willing to adapt to grow.

Cons

low moral, office space was a bad layout.

Advice to Management

keep adapting to changes

"Decent Overall"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Belmont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Belmont, CA

I worked at Auction.com full-time

Pros

Free food 3 days/week. Great benefits. Nice trail and basketball court in the back. Nice people.

Cons

Wish the stock options would be worth more.

Advice to Management

Keep going.

"Talent is fleeing"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Auction.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid employee benefits (but not good enough to make you want to stay)

Cons

Too many to list - top three would be:
    1) Incompetent management
    2) Questionable business practices - HR nightmare
    3) Job stability and career pathing are non-existant

Advice to Management

Every talented person at this company has one foot out the door, and that is going to lead to (and already has led to) client retention issues. Buyers and sellers of sophisticated real estate investments don't want to work with operations-focused middle management and a call center - they want to work with knowledgeable professionals that aren't focused on getting them to overpay for or undersell their properties. I'm not really sure you are creating a market-place, but rather the facade of a poorly advised brokerage.

"eh..."

Pros

Great pay, decent hours if your a senior on the team, and great opportunities to travel.

Cons

No room for growth once you reach an Auction Manager.

Advice to Management

Reach out and appreciate your remote employees better instead of isolating them.

"Could be a lot better"

Current Employee - Asset Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Asset Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Auction.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Checks clear, decent options for HMO and PPO offer physical activity such as work out compensation. Located near big shopping district.

Cons

Poor management, wasted time and money on inefficient processes, hire uneducated management, do not value education. Minimal to no growth, don't expect to be paid or recognized for result, mediocrity is praised. Poor pay and no control over bonus. No motivation. If you want to make anything of yourself don't work here.

Advice to Management

Learn how to motivate your employees, value actual results. Stop being so cheap when you brag about how much money we make you.

9. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Pros

great culture, hard working and smart people

Cons

things are always changing here

"Worst company I have ever worked for"

Pros

They serve lunch on some days.

Cons

Terrible management, unorganized, stressful, management could not care any less about you.

Advice to Management

Get new management.