Auction.com Senior Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Jason Allnutt
0 Rating

"Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Auction.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Auction.com has outstanding leadership with a great culture which encourages professional growth and internal mobility. The GM and extended leadership team keeps employees informed on business strategies, outlook and provide clear goals to ensure our success. The company provides comprehensive compensation as well as benefits. They have great employee perks- Onsite they provide snacks, and a nice cappuccino/ coffee machine on every floor! It is a great environment to work in!

Cons

We really don't have much in terms of Cons. The only thing I would mention is to have additional healthy snack options. They provide some however it would be great to add a few more. A variety of protein bars such as Think Thin bars and Luna bars. The fruit provided is nice however it would great to add bananas too.

Advice to Management

Please continue to keep employees informed so we can be successful in driving toward company goals.

Auction.com2017-12-06

"Clueless"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Auction.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay is above average

Cons

Management has an identity crisis. The men that started the company are smart. This says nothing for their ethics. The company is always in transition, management spends more time and effort protecting their jobs than doing their jobs. Bringing Google on board was a feather in their caps. Unfortunately many of the management team have no management training. This leads to a company attempting to emulate a successful partner and missing the mark by a mile. Promoting or hiring a person into a position and not ensuring they are trained and have the necessary tools will never work.

Advice to Management

Train managers on, Team building, Conflict resolution, State and federal laws, Training and Communication.

Auction.com2016-03-09

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Auction.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is very customer focused and employee focused. We have team building events and happy hours such as outings at Top Golf, Casino Night at the office, and they also serve lunch once per week for all employees. The insurance benefits are some of the best I've ever had and they have a very nice 401k program. Several of the long term employees just got equity options (similar to stock options). I enjoy working here and have referred several people to come work here as well.

Cons

Just like any large corporate company departments can tend to be like silo's and information between departments isn't always shared. But it seems like executive management has realized that and is working to fix that on the residential side of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep the Austin office with the same vibe and energy it currently has. Office visitors from other offices comment on the cool and laid back atmosphere that we have. It's definitely an Austin thing!

Auction.com2015-11-04