Auction.com "no room" Reviews | Glassdoor

Auction.com Employee Reviews about "no room"

Updated Sep 23, 2019

2.8
Auction.com CEO Jason Allnutt
Jason Allnutt
Pros
  • "Great Company with Great people and great health benefits(in 12 reviews)

• "Good benefits and overall positive culture(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "No room for growth individually or for company(in 11 reviews)

• "temp employee, breaks were short, no room for growth, couldnt be hired as a full time employee(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "no room"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Starting Job"

Former Employee - Auction Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Auction.com part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay was good, management was great, easy job

Cons

no room for growth, job was not interesting or exciting

Auction.com2019-05-23

"Casual work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Foreclosure Asset Manager

I have been working at Auction.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Casual work environment, lots of PTO, great benefits, flexible work hours

Cons

Sr Management does nothing to keep good employees, everyone is replaceable mentality, no room for growth, no raises besides the yearly merit (cost of living adjustment). Cut pay but expect you to take on more work. Lay offs every quarter!

Advice to Management

When you have good, reliable employee’s you should want to do everything possible to keep them..

Auction.com2019-09-23

"Sinking ship"

I have been working at Auction.com

Pros

Nothing special. I’m from engineering team and can only talk about that. Pretty standard : 1/2/3 day lunches Stocked cafeteria Unlimited PTO

Cons

List is long but I’ll ty to summarize it: 1. No room for growth individually or for company. Auction was acquired by THL and is on downward spiral since then. Only hope is if company get re acquired by some bigger P.E. 2. If people always thought why P.Es are bad, this is the textbook example. Mass exodus, PE taking 100% profit, average raise of 2% when company profit is healthy. The margin of profit is really high.... 3. Tech stack wise not much of going on except AWS to cut cost , repackage it and sell it. Actual tech stack which runs auction is a joke. Lots of manual process is needed to run the company and auctions. 4. Layers of executives and managers mostly good for nothing. I’ve not seen such small sized company having 2 CTO’s. 5. Team morale is all time down and people are jumping left and right. You don’t want to join where there is no culture or morale. 6. HR team is trying their best to understand and fix the culture but too late to do anything.

Advice to Management

You have ruined it already. No advice can save it except try to sell it for more so employees can make some money.

Auction.com2019-05-25

"Overlooked"

Current Employee - PTA in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Auction.com part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Ok part time gig for some

Cons

I've been with the company since its inception. I've been here through several managers. I've tried to get a full time position for so long and they look me over. No room for growing. Part time is all they have. They brought in a manager from somewhere else when the position was open and overlooked me and I've been here since its inception. The new manager was not more qualified then me. I’ve been here To my... years to not be full time

Advice to Management

Make more full time positions

Auction.com2019-05-09
  5. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Mailroom Associate in Irvine, CA

I worked at Auction.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Food, flexibility, decent pay, nice co workers, no micomanging

Cons

temp employee, breaks were short, no room for growth, couldnt be hired as a full time employee.

Auction.com2019-02-22

"Excluding Directors and above. Staff is amazing and extremely hardworking!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Auction.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Employees are talented, Hardworking, Knowledgable, Driven, Compassionate, Encouraging, Managers are great leaders and try to make sure you are well trained, and if desired, try to prepare you for promotion. (This only applies to Managers and their subordinates) Sadly.

Cons

Cons are as followed; Low Morale, Wasteful spending on things that doesnt matter to the employees, But no money to give raises. Excessive hiring of executives that dont do anything. (clique culture) Unprofessional Directors and VP's. Discrimination and a lack of diversity. Wasted talent. No room for advancement. Unethical business practices. No moral compass. Turnover rate is disproportionate. Toxic work... environment. Unhealthy culture.

Advice to Management

Let the numbers speak for those that deserve to be elevated. Team Building is essential for continued growth which immeasurably impacts the bottom line. Bias and discrimation should not be tolerated especially by top leaders. Attitude is a reflection of leadership from the top.

Auction.com2018-11-08

"Good but not room for progression"

I have been working at Auction.com part-time

Pros

I love the independance of this position and not having to have to sit in one spot for 8 hours a day.

Cons

There is no room for progression. Promotions end up being hand picked. It seems like they continue to bounce around on their word. Seniority does not play a factor even if you are doing the job fantastically. Favoritism plays a big role in my opinion

Auction.com2018-10-24

"eh..."

I have been working at Auction.com

Pros

Great pay, decent hours if your a senior on the team, and great opportunities to travel.

Cons

No room for growth once you reach an Auction Manager.

Advice to Management

Reach out and appreciate your remote employees better instead of isolating them.

Auction.com2016-05-05

"There is nothing cutting edge about this place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

I have been working at Auction.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lunch, nice-ish co-workers, ample parking

Cons

Upper management located off-site (really, who does that?), politics in the work place, non-existent HR department, no room for growth

Advice to Management

Everything here needs fixing from the bottom to the top. Instead of filling open positions with existing employees, try finding CAPABLE candidates to fill these management roles. There was absolutely no room to grow within this company despite this being one of their selling points in offering me a position there.

Auction.com2015-05-06

"C Level management needs to go"

Current Employee - Employed in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Auction.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Solid brand and concept. Online platform “where real estate is real estate is moving”

Cons

This organization can be far more powerful if it weren’t for the layers of C Level management (VP/SVP/EVP etc). These idiots operate remotely between Austin TX and Irvine CA which automatically creates disconnect between management and Jr Executives (or below) who actually DO the work... often leaving many wondering if these guys do any work themselves. Endless delegated tasks which make NO SENSE, other than for... these executives to save face. These jokers would come in CA every other month for 1 week (unannounced most of the time), and sit in an office. Not even interact or acknowledge the team/dept they are in charge of. Clearly they have their own agenda. It is the ol’ boys club with this layer of management so there is no room for growth. Although there is a quarterly bonus, you never know when you’re going to get it. HR defers to management, and management dances around that topic. Once you DO get it, it is always unclear as to how your bonus was calculated… or how far off your calculations were from theirs. So many mock ups and beta’s without thoroughly thinking them through. This company spends so much money on projects that ultimately get scrapped, with no recognition of their performers who put the blood sweat n tears into what is asked of them. In summary: The politics and ongoing dog/pony shows create a very negative and chaotic culture. Do not work here unless you need a stepping stone for something else. Again the name Auction.com holds a lot of weight, and does look good on your resume.

Advice to Management

Take the challenge of “Undercover Boss.” You will see how disconnected you truly are from reality.

Auction.com2015-01-26