AudaExplore - a Solera Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Tony Aquila

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Does allow for good work life balance" (in 6 reviews)

• "Wonderful people to work with all across the offices; good benefits" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have heard no raises but am hoping this is not true" (in 15 reviews)

• "There was no motivation from upper management" (in 11 reviews)

"Review"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

Excellent opportunities to support a varity of services

Cons

High Deductible Medical benefits package

Advice to Management

Revisit and Reconsider the Benefits package

2. "Small company that has a huge impact on insurance underwriting"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tremendously profitable products with plenty of opportunity to grow

Great benefits

Cons

On the product team - none

3. "There are worse jobs out there."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time

Pros

Relaxed environment, friendly management team. Ok health benefits.

Cons

Not many choices for schedules, in effective feedback for improvement and limited areas for advancement.

Advice to Management

Work on treating employees like people instead of problems.

"Various positions"

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Horrible culture, upper management are bullies, don't care about you as a person.
    No raises. No job security.

Advice to Management

None, they won't listen to it anyway. Scrap upper management and start over!

"Don't give too many years of your life as they do not care about longevity or advancing you"

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many years ago, there was room for advancement, now it stays with the management click and their friends

Cons

Have to do too many jobs at once, very stressful, especially when working on a very important job and told to take incoming calls, check inboxes, etc.....used to be fun but then became fun for just a few.

Advice to Management

Don't let management be friends with only a handful of employees as they pick those employees to advance, do special projects, etc....been happening for many years and will continue until someone steps up and does something about it.

6. "Cookie cutter office culture."

Current Employee - Valuation Services
    Current Employee - Valuation Services

I have been working at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, tuition reimbursement, etc.

Cons

Cookie cutter office. If you abide by their specific workflow and you have a different workflow but still meet or exceed goals/expectations, you will get accused of not doing your job.
    Lot of drama between co-workers and people that need to get into your business.

Unorganized training and you will get different answers from different people about critical procedures. There seems to be no real "right" way to do something. Training needs a serious overhaul.

High turn over rate.

Feels that management picks favorites and micromanages the others.

Micromanagement.

"I’ve never felt more undervalued as an employee."

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays more than minimum wage, most weekends off, not open on Sundays, voluntary overtime on Saturdays, voluntary overtime on some holidays, occasional free pizza when they feel bad about the terrible work conditions

Cons

Everything else; bathroom breaks are considered part of your regular break, poor management, employee favoritism, your concerns are rarely addressed or resolved, very limited promotion opportunities, no raises, consistently understaffed, high employee turnover with new techs, poor treatment of older techs so they just quit

Advice to Management

Hire more people, and treat the employees, especially the good ones, well so they stop quitting.

"Audatex, A Solera Company"

Current Employee - Valuation Associate in Milwaukie, OR
    Current Employee - Valuation Associate in Milwaukie, OR

I have been working at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice fringe benefits like a decent brake room, ping pong, table hockey, exercise equipment, and a couple of other things.

Cons

For a company that touts they want to encompass all learning styles, they sure fail on that mark. I was told that they want to incorporate all learning styles to maximize learning potential but, when I asked about creating a manual, that would help more than half of peoples learning styles, I was told no, they were going digital. Digital is ok but many people need a tangible manual they can look at and write their own notes in. Also, what if that system goes down? Then what?

The next option for help is the knowledge base site....a joke in itself. If you can find anything in there, you’re lucky. It’s like trying to find a molecule amongst thousand of molecules. Good luck there.

Another option is to ask your peers through the chat. To get a response in a timely manner is so far fetched you could get an answer quicker from an ant, or that molecule you were looking for.

Training seriously needs an overhaul. It is so bad that no one is trained the same way or with the same information. There is no organization there, NONE! I had been doing the same thing for months before being told is was wrong.

There are two decent supervisors there, just two. The others seem to let it go to their head. They use words like “you need to watch it”, highly unprofessional. Personal space is not heard of. I cannot tell you how many times I was squished into my desk because they got so close.

Then there is the glitchy systems. The ticket system for internal use needs to go. For a specific unnamed client, try and add notes without being switched to another unrelated ticket I dare ya! It happens so often it is more than an annoyance. It down right hinders the job. Also, the in-house system is completely different from what the clients use. Why?

The phone system is routed through the computer so it auto answers for you. That’s not so bad except....you have to listen to static all day long. The phone monitoring system is glitchy too. You could go to lunch and set your phone that way and the monitoring system will say you are doing something else for hours on end.

These are just some of the issues they have.....oh, If you are not accepted by the clicks....hang it up, no one will talk to you, about you but not to you.

Advice to Management

Wake up. Your entire business is so far behind you may never catch up. Utilizing a Java based system for everything will make it user friendly and you could have your employees and clients on the same system so your employees can better assist your clients. Get rid of that horrible phone system and call tracking system. You need a serious upgrade. Avaya is not that expensive.

Overhaul the training for heavens sake. It sucks, I mean it really sucks. Taking away, wait you never had it, a manual you can physically touch will hinder peoples learning and retention of your system. I would rather eat a dozen ghost peppers than be subjected to that ever again. There is no consistency, the systems do not match to what we are trained (specifically phones), supervisors and seniors need some training for professionalism (at this point I would settle for charm school), and no one seems to genuinely want to help anyone. You have a client who refuses, absolutely refuses, to talk to a new person. The reason for that is she knows without a doubt new people are so badly trained, tickets can and do get completely messed up.

One other thing, saying “I do not know” is a perfectly acceptable answer as long as we find out what the answer is, even if we have to call the client back. If you say “uh”, let me ask”, or anything of the sort, you are still saying “I do not know”. People actually appreciate honesty and know when you are trying to bs them.

9. "Took a Turn"

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great coworkers, pay commensurate with industry.

Cons

Since Solera has gone private, there's been a significant change to the corporate culture.

Advice to Management

Focus and listen to your long term employees.

10. "Analyst at Audaexplore San Diego"

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A fantastic and smart group of people that make up the Product, Development and QA team. Architecture resources are strong as well. If you looked solely from that perspective, it is a great place to work. Collaborative and highly committed to delivery.

Cons

Toxic leadership in the delivery mgmt team . It only takes a few bad seeds to sour a functioning group. Stay away. Worst experience as an Analyst in my career. I think many of us can agree that in a Corporate IT environment, that there are " leaders" and that there are "taskers", this is the latter. A good deal of micro-managing, shaming and intolerance. I still shake my head wondering how certain people are delegated to manage others. We all see it in some form..this is awful.

Advice to Management

Evolve and look inward. This is not about you, it is about the product and the customer.