AudaExplore - a Solera Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Tony Aquila

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Does allow for good work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Wonderful people to work with all across the offices; good benefits (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I have heard no raises but am hoping this is not true (in 12 reviews)

• There was no motivation from upper management (in 10 reviews)

1. "Certainly worth working for but not without it's defects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stocked lunch room, great company parties, stable company, trusted environment

Cons

Management is constantly changing and direction changes frequently, the company is at times stingy with rewarding their employees.

Advice to Management

Start giving employees yearly bonuses and promote managers from within.

"I’ve never felt more undervalued as an employee."

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays more than minimum wage, most weekends off, not open on Sundays, voluntary overtime on Saturdays, voluntary overtime on some holidays, occasional free pizza when they feel bad about the terrible work conditions

Cons

Everything else; bathroom breaks are considered part of your regular break, poor management, employee favoritism, your concerns are rarely addressed or resolved, very limited promotion opportunities, no raises, consistently understaffed, high employee turnover with new techs, poor treatment of older techs so they just quit

Advice to Management

Hire more people, and treat the employees, especially the good ones, well so they stop quitting.

"Audatex, A Solera Company"

Current Employee - Valuation Associate in Milwaukie, OR
    Current Employee - Valuation Associate in Milwaukie, OR

I have been working at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice fringe benefits like a decent brake room, ping pong, table hockey, exercise equipment, and a couple of other things.

Cons

For a company that touts they want to encompass all learning styles, they sure fail on that mark. I was told that they want to incorporate all learning styles to maximize learning potential but, when I asked about creating a manual, that would help more than half of peoples learning styles, I was told no, they were going digital. Digital is ok but many people need a tangible manual they can look at and write their own notes in. Also, what if that system goes down? Then what?

The next option for help is the knowledge base site....a joke in itself. If you can find anything in there, you’re lucky. It’s like trying to find a molecule amongst thousand of molecules. Good luck there.

Another option is to ask your peers through the chat. To get a response in a timely manner is so far fetched you could get an answer quicker from an ant, or that molecule you were looking for.

Training seriously needs an overhaul. It is so bad that no one is trained the same way or with the same information. There is no organization there, NONE! I had been doing the same thing for months before being told is was wrong.

There are two decent supervisors there, just two. The others seem to let it go to their head. They use words like “you need to watch it”, highly unprofessional. Personal space is not heard of. I cannot tell you how many times I was squished into my desk because they got so close.

Then there is the glitchy systems. The ticket system for internal use needs to go. For a specific unnamed client, try and add notes without being switched to another unrelated ticket I dare ya! It happens so often it is more than an annoyance. It down right hinders the job. Also, the in-house system is completely different from what the clients use. Why?

The phone system is routed through the computer so it auto answers for you. That’s not so bad except....you have to listen to static all day long. The phone monitoring system is glitchy too. You could go to lunch and set your phone that way and the monitoring system will say you are doing something else for hours on end.

These are just some of the issues they have.....oh, If you are not accepted by the clicks....hang it up, no one will talk to you, about you but not to you.

Advice to Management

Wake up. Your entire business is so far behind you may never catch up. Utilizing a Java based system for everything will make it user friendly and you could have your employees and clients on the same system so your employees can better assist your clients. Get rid of that horrible phone system and call tracking system. You need a serious upgrade. Avaya is not that expensive.

Overhaul the training for heavens sake. It sucks, I mean it really sucks. Taking away, wait you never had it, a manual you can physically touch will hinder peoples learning and retention of your system. I would rather eat a dozen ghost peppers than be subjected to that ever again. There is no consistency, the systems do not match to what we are trained (specifically phones), supervisors and seniors need some training for professionalism (at this point I would settle for charm school), and no one seems to genuinely want to help anyone. You have a client who refuses, absolutely refuses, to talk to a new person. The reason for that is she knows without a doubt new people are so badly trained, tickets can and do get completely messed up.

One other thing, saying “I do not know” is a perfectly acceptable answer as long as we find out what the answer is, even if we have to call the client back. If you say “uh”, let me ask”, or anything of the sort, you are still saying “I do not know”. People actually appreciate honesty and know when you are trying to bs them.

4. "Took a Turn"

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great coworkers, pay commensurate with industry.

Cons

Since Solera has gone private, there's been a significant change to the corporate culture.

Advice to Management

Focus and listen to your long term employees.

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Eagan, MN

Pros

Great work/life balance. Casual Atmosphere. Good group of employees.

Cons

A fairly Complex system with lots of history can make learning curve seem daunting.

6. "Territory Service Manager"

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great boss. Good benefits. Great collaborative team. I enjoyed my job very much.

Cons

When it went from public to private the corporate culture changed. There was no motivation from upper management.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive and motivating with your employees.

"DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!!!"

I have been working at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time

Pros

Good Hours. Nice Area.

Cons

Hands down the worst place Ive ever worked. Management is TERRIBLE! They dont care about their employees at all. Theyre selfish and have no sympathy for any family or health matters. All they care about is numbers, and if you're not getting numbers they will boot you so fast. They micromanage you, and they give no pay raises. They pick favorites, and some of the managers are bullies.

Advice to Management

All of you should be fired and replaced.

"Good Benefits"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Eagan, MN

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Treat employees well.
    Good benefits.
    Does allow for good work life balance.

Cons

It has a somewhat flat organization structure.

9. "Approach with caution"

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful people to work with all across the offices; good benefits.

Cons

Management is never on the same page; changes missions too often; doesn't want to listen to employee ideas on change. Doesn't invest in their employees.

Advice to Management

Take care of the employees; don't give them a reason to leave.

"analysis"

I have been working at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time

Pros

There is free coffee and tea

Cons

You don't seem to get raises