Audacy Reviews | Glassdoor

Audacy Reviews

4.8
Ralph Ewig

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Fantastic Place to Learn"

Former Intern - Software Engineer() in Mountain View, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer() in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Audacy as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very kind to each other. I was greeted with a warm welcome by almost each person individually on my first day, and it was clear that by my last day, I was going to miss everyone there. The relationships I developed with my colleagues made it seem like I was working with a family the whole time.

The openness of the team is phenomenal. There is complete transparency within what each person is working on, which in turn results in a close relationship between everyone in the company while also allowing each person to reach out to each other for help.

As an intern, I struggled to grasp what was going on initially, but everyone around me did a good job in helping me when I needed it. By the end, even though I was an intern, it felt like I was being given work that any other employee there had the ability to work on. Quite inclusive!

It is clear within the ambiance of the workplace that everyone here stresses the importance of learning. It's great! Throughout my time here, I learned multiple programming languages, the overall structure of satellites, how data transmission works, and how to code a computer on a satellite.

Cons

It may be difficult to fit in with the group initially. As that is with most workplaces, here I found everyone to be very close with each other, so I felt a bit excluded in the beginning. However, within a couple weeks, I fit in with everyone quite well.

"An exceptional experience."

I have been working at Audacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Audacy has been a super positive and rewarding work experiences so far. Working with a team of such motivated and brilliant thinkers has truly been motivating. The natural passion this group has for the work we are doing is something not seen very often, and its been an amazing opportunity to be a part of this journey.

Ralph (the CEO) has made it an obvious priority to focus on building the right team and company culture. The work we do is complex, and our list of challenges and frustrations is the same here as with any other company. There is no time for drama or company politics, and with Audacy there is NONE of that. This is one of the few companies that actually lives, eats, and breathes its core values.

The work is challenging, but the company environment really is set up to support you whenever in need. Owning your work and taking the lead on projects is highly emphasized, but anyone who is truly passionate about their work will do this naturally.

Lastly, the most important thing for me is that leadership is responsive to opinions and criticism. When they say they value openness, they aren't kidding. Its hard to describe how important this is, but it really does permeate into many different aspects of the company culture that make this truly one of the most unique work environments I've ever been a part of.

Cons

+ Small work place. We are in a temporary office until we secure our permanent ground station facility (which as of this posting is very very close to being finalized). Its unclear how much longer we shall me in this small office, but sometimes privacy is desired and hard to obtain.

+ Snacks. I know its trivial, but having Quest bars every day gets old.

"This place is empowering"

I have been working at Audacy full-time

Pros

+none, nada, zero office drama
    +competitive compensation
    +generous benefits
    +generous commute and flexibility
    +coworkers/friends I enjoy
    +empowering work dynamic
    +own your own work

The CEO really cares that you own your own work and that you are responsible in being a leader of your work but also a team player. He puts a lot of trust in us

During my interview process he asks and cares a lot about culture fit.

The CEO and my coworkers are very smart and empowers us to do great work, keeps me motivated.

Cons

I've been at startups with awful company culture, but there are no complaints here, so zero cons

Advice to Management

Keep trusting and empowering your team, it works

"Best workplace for new graduates and interns"

I have been working at Audacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fresh graduates and interns can get above average compensation identical to experienced engineers.
    Opportunities to learn to be "product manager" for satellite operations.
    Good sense of achievement since you are expected to close "tickets" within hours.

Cons

No intellectual property partly because core business is neither hardware nor software (i.e. high risks for growth).
    High infrastructure investment with weak revenue or ROI model (i.e. high risks for job security).
    Inexperience in satellite manufacturing/design and vendor management (i.e. high risks for skills development).
    CEO micro-manages everything from purchasing trash can, defining logo design/font width, floor plan to farewell gift.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced talents with competitive compensation (instead of hiring inexperienced fresh graduates or interns).
    Don't pretend you listen or are open to ideas.
    Identify a revenue model that can yield real ROI within 2-3 years instead of 8+ years.

5. "A fantastic team and work environment!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

I've been working at Audacy for over a year, and can honestly say that I have never not been excited to come to work every morning. We have a world-class team from whom I continue to learn every day, and who are fully committed to seeing Audacy not just succeed, but thrive and disrupt the space industry. Everyone in this tight-knit team has a good time at work; we certainly work hard but also get on really well with each other. I wouldn't trade this job for any other.

Cons

I really can't think of any downsides to working at Audacy - my boss is great, my team members are hardworking and produce excellent work, and everything happens with a smile.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "Exciting and a lot of fun!"

Current Employee - Head of Strategy in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Head of Strategy in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Audacy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with world-class people in a well balanced team of young and more experienced men and women who all excel in their fields. I learn a ton every day and have genuine fun at work. Charismatic and incredibly competent CEO who lets me work my way and doesn't micromanage. Great level of trust in the company and among the employees. This place is a rocket ship.

Cons

Could not think of anything that speaks against working here. This is not the place to come to "kick back and relax" if that's what you're looking for.

Advice to Management

Just keep on going and stay the way you are!

7. "Dream job"

Current Employee - Business Development in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

I've found my dream job at Audacy. It's one of the few places I've experienced where I'm continually challenged, excited about our vision, and have true ownership over my work (while being supported by the team). The team lives out our values daily and management actually follows through on the idea of "working smarter, not harder." All of my colleagues are brilliant and it's a genuine pleasure working with them. I've worked with companies and nonprofits from 2-250+ people and am truly impressed with how our CEO runs the company and collaborates with the team.

Cons

None yet, but I'm sure we will have growing pains at some point.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and work hard to maintain the strong culture as we grow!

8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Audacy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and to enjoy life. Great colleagues.

Cons

Not a big company. If you want to work for a big company, it is not the place.

Advice to Management

Everything is good now. Keeping the company culture is really important for the company future.