Audi Reviews | Glassdoor

Audi Chairman of the Board of Management Rupert Stadler
Rupert Stadler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours can be expected at retail job, so not really a negative, if you like what you do (in 4 reviews)

• no Cons , love the comp that i work for 8 years (in 4 reviews)

"A place to cut your chops, but not somewhere to stay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ

Pros

This is a good place to learn the ins and outs of the car sales business. It'll also make you not only mentally salesmanship strong, but also psychologically tuff. The products are nice, and the people that work there can be as well.

Cons

There is ZERO support from management. They could just as soon toss you under a bus as to give you credit for a good job... let alone pay you for it.
    The facility is in shambles due to the "remodeling", and as a customer I wouldn't want to buy a car from here unless I had to. Management is also found to be racist.

In retrospect, I think it was a character building experience, but certainly not a career stepping stone.

Advice to Management

Stop letting your IT guy run the place. Things would break that would make it impossible for us to do our jobs, but we all had to wait on this guy to fix it. A week later. Also, since this is one of two stores, you're loosing potential profit by not taking care of this store. Pay more attention to your assets.

2. "Audi Hungaria (Gyor)"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Csorna, Gyor-Moson-Sopron (Hungary)
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Csorna, Gyor-Moson-Sopron (Hungary)

I worked at Audi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, paying salary on time

Cons

Company culture of lying and lying some more, my impression is that this comes from the very top of the company and than is "enforced" top down:
    Dieselgate cheating scandal (which they do not even talk about and are desperately trying to hide in Hungary)

Company leadership & executive board only cares for their own bank accounts.
    Managers, people leaders squeze eveyone below them: targets, targets, cost reductions, savings, more targets, do more, faster, cheaper.

In fact workers in production are only paid peanuts instead of a living wage, eventhough their productivity level and the production targets are above the German peers. Expect more from them but pay them 6 times less.

Making up numbers in management reports is normal (some more lying)
    Poor IT infrastructure, poor IT systems, using legacy softwares like office 2010 (in 2017)

Cars are fine, but not as good as they think (Mercedes is more luxurious and premium, BMW is more sporty, Audi is desperately trying to catch up, image and brand deficit behind german peers)

Most people working at Audi in Gyor are second or third tier professionals, from second and third tier universities (Szechenyi university, etc), not wrong, just do not expect to much of them.
    Food in the canteen is tasteless in plain English it sucks, and no efforts are made to improve quality, as management does not care about it.
    Leadership gets very posh private catering, fruit plates, sweets etc even for meeting. (Btw. at the VW offices in Germany, this is not allowed), in Hungary the Germans can party like there is no tomorrow and no cost savings for them, only for their subordinates = slaves.

No sporting facilities whatsoever for employees. Some 12000 people are working here and Audi does not even has an onsite or offsite gym, does not provide health insurance either. They do not care about employees health.
    I think the only reason they have some doctors ready/working in the plant is that injured or ill people can fasteer retun to production as it is only a few hundreds meter walk. Save time, produce more engines/cars and make more profit for the Germans.

Overall I would not recommend working here for the above reasons.

What Audi Hungaria in Gyor is behind all the excessive corporate painting and expensive marketing gimmicks is a mean German outcast maximally exploiting the Hungarian labour force.

Advice to Management

Please take your plant and move it to China. End the automotive sector slavery work in Hungary.

3. "support assistant"

Former Employee - Support Assistant in Vaughan, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Support Assistant in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Pros

NO cons, just seems like your everyone slave

Cons

would have been nice to start there

Advice to Management

One day isn't make a big difference and then you tell people that your short staffed. Just be straight up instead of lying to people about what really going on.

4. "Low pay, long hours, poor treatment"

Former Employee - Apprentice Service Advisor
    Former Employee - Apprentice Service Advisor

I worked at Audi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited hot drinks, some supportive colleagues in service, sales guys were always a good laugh and receptionists were friendly

Cons

Being an apprentice is one thing, being spoken down to constantly by almost everyone, given the exact same job to do day in, day out and slated harshly for any slight mistakes, working for next to nothing while being treated awfully is something else. If you're looking for an apprenticeship, look elsewhere. Management needs new faces, staff turnover was and still is through the roof

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you know it all and that you can treat your staff like slaves and can slate them for absolutely anything - people leave managers, not companies.

5. "My worst employer"

Former Employee - Procurement Specialist in Ingolstadt (Germany)
    Former Employee - Procurement Specialist in Ingolstadt (Germany)

I worked at Audi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good teaming across colleagues and stable processes

Cons

Middle Managment acts like unleaded missiles

Advice to Management

Control leadership skills of middle management

6. "Had fun learning things"

Former Employee - Telangana in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Telangana in Hyderabad (India)

Pros

we can learn advanced motor mechanism in depth abt present generation vehicles

Cons

low salary, have to work over-time, we dont get paid for over timed work

Advice to Management

they don't care about us... they put a heavy pressure on us