KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 415 of over 558 reviews

4.0
Audible Chairman and CEO Donald R. Katz
Donald R. Katz

What people are saying about Audible

Join the conversation on

Tech

2m

an

Account Executive

My wide swears she learns more from listening to podcasts while walking the dog than I do listening to audio books at the gym. Team Podcast or Team Audible?

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Audible and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People and work from home flexibility

Cons

Lots of busy work and limited stock

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Shifting winds disorient, but incredibly stable and slow moving company

Apr 10, 2022 - Senior Director in Newark, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of good, smart, well intentioned folks here and a product that users love. The core business model is rock solid.

Cons

Every 6 months there is a management shake up and programs are ended, people are laid off. Usually it's after giving a half-assessed attempt at a new thing and then declaring it a failure. The 'new' initiative thing seems to get started over again every few years.

5 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We’re proud of the passionate, driven professionals that work hard to ensure that we exceed our customers’ expectations. Thank you for your dedication to our customers and helping make Audible a great place to work.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazon Jr.

May 12, 2022 - Software Development Engineer (SDE) II
    Business Outlook

Pros

Far better RSU vesting schedule than Amazon. Most of my teammates were very smart and encouraging.

Cons

Audible was sold to me as being it's own company with values and a culture independent of Amazon. That may be true for a select few teams, but I essentially experienced "Amazon lite" during my time. Same politicking come review time. I lost all motivation towards the end of my time and just wanted out asap. It's a quick to take credit, quicker to shift blame environment, your achievements will be overshadowed by your mistakes if you don't act that way. There's a reason the "mental health" slack channel gets so popular around review time.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Director

We’re disappointed to hear about your experience at Audible. We work hard to create an environment where people feel supported, and we are grateful for your feedback. We will continue to live up to our values, and listen.

4. 5.0

Great team culture

May 17, 2022 - QAEII in Newark, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lot of opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

Too much work and lot of moving parts

5. 4.0

Room for Growth

Apr 21, 2022 - Production Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Audible is very supportive as a company Benefits are excellent Pay is decent for the field

Cons

Incredibly slow-moving even for a large company. Most departments are understaffed. Too many editors, not enough support staff. The Operations team takes on more than their share of issues for the company. Leadership isn't protecting the team from other teams dumping their problems on Ops.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re committed to improving the experience of working here and we invite you to reach out to your HRBP or manager for further conversation. We will continue to live up to our values and listen.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Cornerstone Program

Apr 19, 2022 - Customer Care Trainee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The manager and trainer are very friendly. Critical feedback. Helps your improve upon your communication skills and writing because Audible is about crafting the use of words.

Cons

I think that things should not feel rushed in terms of deadlines. Also sometimes the manager and trainer should hear out the student more in discussions.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company to work for

Apr 29, 2022 - Software Development Engineer (SDE) in Newark, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Using all of Amazon's engineering tools Everyone is super friendly and helpful Great work life balance

Cons

Some of the tech is based on legacy systems

1 person found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We wouldn’t be able to have a positive culture without people like you. We appreciate you helping to make Audible a great place to work.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

QA Engineer

May 1, 2022 - QA Engineer in Newark, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chill company to work with

Cons

You have to really work hard to achieve growth in fast pace

HR Director

Thank you for your feedback! It’s important to us that Audible has a welcoming atmosphere for our employees and it’s great to hear that you feel it.

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Apr 12, 2022 - Executive Producer in Newark, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is full of creative and interesting people

Cons

They make a lot of changes and there is turnover

HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We’re glad to hear you’re inspired by your work and we welcome more of your feedback.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Culture & Teams

Feb 23, 2022 - Director, HRBP in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Audible has been a breath of fresh air. It is an innovative company with an amazing culture and brand. The leadership teams are open to hearing feedback and care about their teams. I recently worked for Amazon and this has been a positive change.

Cons

The company is currently experiencing growth and with that we have to prepare for some ambiguity as we scale.

HR Director

We love hearing that you have enjoyed our culture! We’re proud of the passionate, driven professionals that work hard to ensure that we exceed our customers’ expectations. Thank you for your dedication to our customers and helping make Audible a great place to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 415 Reviews

Audible Reviews FAQs

Audible has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 558 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Audible to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Audible employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Audible. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

74% of Audible employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Audible 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Audible to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Audible Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Audible? Share Your Experiences

Audible Careers

Cover image for Audible

A little about us We're changing the narrative on storytelling. Audible is a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word...More

• Life at Audible
  • Our Principles
  • Benefits
  • Testimonials

Company Updates

Logo

5 days ago

Amplifying underrepresented voices is a key part of our mission. Through our Indigenous Writers’ Circle in Canada, created in collaboration with Yulu Public Relations, we’re able to support emerging Indigenous writers from First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities to hone their skills. The mentor team also advised on submitting work to journals, publishers and agents, in addition to connecting writers with their networks. We’re currently accepting applications through the end of May for our second cohort. Learn more about our writers and their mentors from the inaugural class below.
Shared image - For These Indigenous Writers, a Journey of Voice, Culture, and Storytelling | About Audible
www.audible.com

Audible Photos

+ Add Photo
Audible photo of: Team Audible at Propelify 2018
Audible photo of: Over 60 employee volunteers from our Finance and Insights teams led a number of engaging workshops with students and worked to beautify Rafael Hernandez Elementary School in Newark.
Audible photo of: Black History Month celebrations concluded with a Spoken Word performance by employees.
Audible photo of: Our engineers eat pie on Pi Day!
Audible photo of: Audible employees mark World Sleep Day with an Audible Sleep and Sound Experience.
Audible photo of: Audible employees celebrating the Lunar New Year in our Cambridge office.
Audible photo of: Audible's Women in Engineering at The 2018 Grace Hopper Celebration