Audible Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2021

4.1
Audible Chairman and CEO Donald R. Katz
Donald R. Katz
Pros
  • "Amazing coworkers, free lunch on Fridays, wonderful office to work in(in 77 reviews)

• "benefits, free food, company culture(in 51 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Senior Management has no idea how to effectively run an organization or manage employees(in 17 reviews)

• "oncall, holidays, work life balance sometimes(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Supportive

Mar 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth, Learning, supportive senior engineers

Cons

Haven't found any Con yet, will update if any.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Something has to change...

Jan 4, 2021 - Technical Lead in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, competitive pay and benefits Somewhat flexible scheduling Co-workers are great Easy to get hired

Cons

- For a company that prides itself on winning awards for Customer Service, their CS department is often overlooked and disregarded when implementing company changes that will affect CS first. - For a company that prides itself on being diverse and inclusive, there have been little to no opportunities for people of color, specifically black employees to advance within the company. While it's easy to get hired, it's easy to get fired if you're not friends with someone or being what they call "visible" to upper management regardless of the quality of your work. Complaints are met with either silence, or probation, and there is no way to hold management accountable. Also, after multiple employees complaining about racism and threats from customers for years, it was only after the death of George Floyd that Audible wanted to address abusive and racist language from customers on a small committee headed by a white woman. While Don Katz said he does not want racist customers, he continually allows them to contact employees even to the point of employees being unjustly reprimanded or fired based on their complaints.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for your review. We truly value our Customer Care team and understand that they are often in the position to hear challenging customer complaints first. We take any cases of abusive language addressed to our agents and other allegations of discrimination very seriously. We encourage you to reach out to your HRBP so we can investigate your concerns. We’ll continue to listen and live up to our values. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Glassdoor.

3. 4.0

A cut above the rest

Feb 27, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined the company because I am a firm believer in their People Principles! It's evident that leadership, including managers and supervisors, are committed to ensuring that Audible is a company where all feel welcomed, included and appreciated. I've only been here a short while, but I'm already thrilled to be part of the Audible Family!

Cons

Due to Covid-19 networking is a bit challenging, but the company offers a lot of employee engagement tools via online meetings (Chime) and opportunities to volunteer. I'm looking forward to things getting back to normal so that I can hopefully meet in person all these colleagues I've grown to respect and admire.

HR Director

Thank you for your feedback! It is important to us that Audible has a welcoming atmosphere for our employees and it’s great to hear that you feel it. We believe that a healthy work/life integration leads to happier people with more fulfilling careers. We agree that check-ins with your manager are vital and invite you to reach out to your manager for further conversation. Thank you for helping make Audible a great place to work.

4. 4.0

Good to start

Apr 13, 2021 - Software Engineer in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Perks, opportunity to work on Amazon infra without the work culture

Cons

Office Politics, no clear path for career growth.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Bring only your "A" game

Jan 17, 2021 - Senior Manager Human Resources in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits, amazon stock, flex work schedules, intelligent coworkers at the top of their game. I get to challenge myself every day and see the tangible results of what I do with my team.. The Senior management acts on the results of the employee surveys in a positive and reasonably timely fashion.

Cons

It can be very difficult to bring your "A" game every single day.

HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience working at Audible. We’re so glad to know you’re inspired by our mission and your work! We wouldn’t be able to have a positive culture without people like you. Thank you for helping make Audible a great place to work!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people and great product

Aug 4, 2020 - Senior Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people and team I work on are a huge plus - a combination of thoughtful, energetic, and wanting to make a difference/have an impact. There is a wonderful sense of camaraderie and care that comes up in the small day to day interactions as well as in larger moments. That the company has an aspiration to be more than what it does - there is a missionary aspect that is expected of everyone. There is also an aspiration to be a progressive and inclusive workplace that is not just lip service. While there is work to be done, work is happening.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes during my short tenure - whether that be small organizational ones or larger ones. It can be fatiguing to keep up with the changes and to see the bigger picture. That said, recent leadership changes at the top coupled with the implementation of focused goals for the organization show great promise to addressing the amount of change that has been commonplace for quite awhile. A meeting heavy culture without meeting management rigor, but this is true of many organizations.

HR Director

Thank you for your feedback! We’re proud of the passionate, driven professionals who embody our People Principles and we are so glad to know you’re inspired by our mission! We want to make sure that all the great work you contribute every day isn’t interrupted by the exciting growth/changes taking place. Our aim is to innovate for the future on behalf of our customers. Thank you for helping make that happen.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Salary not at par with peer SDE in Audible or Amazon

Mar 29, 2021 - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

less technical oriented challenges, less pressure and focus on deliverables

Cons

no career growth, not much opportunity in tech

8. 5.0

Best

Feb 19, 2021 - QAE II in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lot to learn. Positive work env

Cons

Too much work. Thats it

HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re so glad to know you’re inspired by our mission and your work! We appreciate your commitment to innovating on behalf of our customers. Thanks for helping make Audible a great place to work! We do encourage you to reach out to your HRBP or manager for further conversation about your workload concerns.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work at. Good work life balance.

Jan 30, 2021 - Software Development Engineer in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work is not tough. Easy going.

Cons

No tough work. Not much learning apart from the Amazon tech.

HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience working at Audible. We're so glad you are part of our tech team! We’ve created tools and resources to help employees map out a fulfilling and successful career at Audible with our ‘Your Career Journey’ program. This program empowers and encourages employees to explore internal mobility and career growth opportunities. We invite you to connect with your HRBP or manager for further conversation. We appreciate your feedback.

10. 3.0

Great people, great product

Mar 13, 2021 - Senior Manager, Marketing in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work with smart people, part of Amazon, awesome benefits and work life balance

Cons

Leadership is a little lost - contradictory goals

HR Director

Thank you for sharing your view. We're glad to hear you've been enjoying the many benefits that come with working at Audible. We believe that communication is critical to creating real, positive change. We also want our employees to be surrounded by colleagues that are compassionate and inspirational. We invite you to reach out to your HRBP or manager to discuss your concerns. We’ll continue to listen and live up to our values.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 351 Reviews