Audigy Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brandon M. Dawson

Pros
  • I have worked for Audigy Group for over 8 years (in 9 reviews)

• Thank you for fun and for the chance to work with great people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Audigy Group isn't for everybody (in 5 reviews)

• Everything must be approved by upper management (in 4 reviews)

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Vancouver, WA

Pros

Company Culture, Open door policy, Growth Opportunity

Cons

There is a slight shift of pace after GN acquisition.

"Fun Office, Unexperienced Leadership"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Orlando, FL

I worked at Audigy Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed environment, fun office. There is the opportunity to move up quickly if you show a lot of interest to the right people.

Cons

A lot of leadership positions were filled with individuals who lack leadership qualities. Just because someone has been there longer, does not mean they should be giving a specific title.

Advice to Management

Promote based on ability to lead and progress, not because they have been there for a longer amount of time then someone else.

"Senior Finance Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Let's you self promote as often as you want.

Cons

I have been with this company for over 5 years and it has steadly gotten worse from a leadership standpoint. With the recent acquisition hopefully you will see Brandon Dawson step away more and more so that the company can mature and stop being the Frat House it is. Managers are encouraged to steal their subordinates ideas and self promote them. I have mad frequent recommendations to hear them later as someone else's ideas. They promise of lucrative bonus's stopped existing so now it is just low pay resume building going on. The prospect of growth is slim as the Brandon Dawson's leadership style now focuses on driving the sale of widgets to increase his bonus from selling the company. I sort of miss the old days when he was more consumed with his car and custom suits and other activities ie the interns.

Advice to Management

Get Brandon Dawson out ASAP from the daily leadership. Focus on truly helping the members grow in a way that is what the member wants not how Brandon wants them to grow. Instead of repolishing the same turd come up with something new and innovative and actually listen to the employee's not just you'r preferred managers.

"Finance Analyst"

Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Vancouver, WA

Pros

There are some very cool people that work there, who, if you get to know them, will challenge you to excel at what you do. They will push you and encourage you to expand your horizons. There is a tremendous amount of room to grow, but I'm still not sure whether that is a product of the growth of the company or the volatility of employment. Some of the executives are truly great people. I say "some" simply because I did not get to know the others. The CEO and President, while they may come across as aggressive and rude, are simply fighting to keep the show going. If you actually take the time to get to know them, both are fantastic individuals and great conversationalist.

Cons

Many people on this thread have pointed the finger at senior management, but I would encourage others to look at themselves. The reason why I left is because among the employees I worked with and around, there was a tremendous amount of toxicity and jealousy. People can't seem to understand that the CEO / CFO / President live the lives they do because they have worked their tails off to earn it. If you think you deserve a similar life, then show it! Earn it! Talk to someone about it and express your goals and desires, but don't just sit at your desk and stew in your jealousy.

I will also add that the departure of their old CFO was a heart-breaking loss. I had the pleasure of working with him on a day-to-day basis, and it was refreshing to see blue-collar humility at the executive level.

Advice to Management

Spend some time each week getting to know you're employees. I had the unique experience of being able to get to know you, but others don't have that. So make it happen. Sharing brief conversations with you was more influential than you can quantify and it inspired me to work harder and focus on not only my goals but the goals of the firm.

"Just a resume builder"

Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time

Pros

Like so many reviews me, it is the team and the "Members" which keep 99% of the employees at AG.

Cons

Simply stated, it is a mess. When the CEO is rated as low as AG's, it pretty much speaks for itself and of course, he has his "clones" in leadership positions. If you are not focused on sales then you will fail. If you are not able to regurgitate "sales" to the members (clients) in a way that makes them believe you care more than just hitting the number, then you will fail. In the two years I have been here, we have "rebranded" the same processes by simply giving it a new title and putting it on a new deck.

Everyday starts with someone asking about your "targets" and "where are we at with units." How the Members, who are predominately educated and experienced, can continue to believe the hype is just beyond understanding. This is a pyramid scheme cloaked as a management company, all being led by narcissists.

Advice to Management

Quit being so shocked when educated, experienced employees leave as soon as they figure out that AG steals their soles. And don't worry, as soon as I can get a respectable employer to look past my time with AG, I will leave.

""Cult"ure"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Audigy Group (More than a year)

Pros

It's a steady pay check.

Cons

The company culture feels like a a cult. Employees wear brightly colored ill fitted spandex polos, and brainwashed.

"My Last Day"

Former Employee - Director in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Audigy Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Today is my last day with Audigy Group.

On my last day, no longer with ties to the organization and an open platform to speak on any topic, I’d like to say … thank you.

Thank you for seven years of employment. That’s nearly 7 years where you put food on my family’s plate, provided us with great benefits, and supported us whenever something out of the ordinary occurred. From medical emergencies to home remodels, family always came first and I thank you for that mindset.

Thank you for the growth and development. When I started here I was so shy I could barely speak in front of 5 or more people. Today I am confident presenting to large rooms.

Thank you for the opportunity to work on projects I had no business working on. You’ve allowed me to run with projects and ideas that were so far above my level of experience that I had no business working on them. But you guided me, supported me, and most proved to be successful.

Thank you for sending me on a medical Mission Trip to Peru to provide free hearing aids and care to people in need. That was the best experience of my life and meant the world not just to me, but to my entire family as well.

Thank you for giving me a chance to lead. You provided with my first chance to lead a team. I know I didn’t always get it right and you were there to help me get back on track.

To the team, thank you for being so incredible to work with and leading me every bit as much as I lead you. You will continue to do great things.

Thank you for fun and for the chance to work with great people.

Thank you for caring about me and my goals, not just my deliverables.

Cons

I do not have any cons or constructive feedback to share about my employment experience with Audigy Group at this moment in time.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice to management to share about my employment experience with Audigy Group at this time.

"2016 a new Direction ????? Time to dust off my resume!"

Current Employee - SBU Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - SBU Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is an incredibly young company. Very few places have the such a fresh young mix of professionals. We are really trying to help a struggling audiologists.

Cons

They leadership has no directions. I have been with Audigy for 3 years now, and for the last 6 months we keep hearing about all the changes coming, getting hints that things are going to change, but you can see the stress it is causing. Directors who have years of experience have been leaving since last year and you can see executive leadership struggle with how to interact with the remaining directors. They appear to have no real goals for the year other then making money for themselves.

Advice to Management

Come up with a plan and stick with it. I have seen a field of butterflies with a better more well thought out plan.

"Awesome!"

Current Employee - Membership Development Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Membership Development Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You feel the culture right when you walk in and meet the team. Not one person has said anything negative, I've asked if the ball is going to drop but anyone Ive asked says it still hasn't dropped after 3,5,8yrs here at Audigy, benefits are great, free gym membership, dry cleaning services, positive environment.

Cons

Small desks, traveling between both offices, still figuring out how to run 3 vertical markets all under one umbrella, really hard to come up with any.

Advice to Management

Let's keep growing!

"Great place for some, probably better to steer clear..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Audigy Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salaries and benefits are solid, there are some incredible people to collaborate with, and the company provide a good platform to build your resume by assigning employees desirable titles.

Cons

Turnover rates are almost mind-blowing, and leadership makes rash decisions in an attempt to execute company initiatives that are often poorly vetted and all to frequently reflect little more than the executive leadership team's flavor of the month.

Advice to Management

Focus on sustainable business practices, set realistic expectations, and understand that your glory days are in the past. Regroup, re-focus and save money for the hard times that will come if you do not create a culture that encourages team members to support one another.