Audley Travel Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Audley Travel Chief Executive Nick Longman
Nick Longman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "excellent fam trips - much more focused recently" (in 30 reviews)

• "Free fruit and subsidised tuck shop" (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours and a lot of pressure to perform" (in 20 reviews)

• "Like some others have mentioned, the demand of a sale jobs can sometimes bring work-life balance into question" (in 7 reviews)

"Office culture that cares about improvement"

I have been working at Audley Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+Constant and visible effort at all levels of the business to keep improving and act on feedback (internal and external)
    +Lots of training support
    +Really top-notch product you can genuinely recommend
    +Excellent gender balance at all levels of the company (and great parental leave and pay parity policies to match)
    +Very agile approach and the company is constantly reexamining things to see how to do them better
    +No side eye for going home on time as long as you're on top of things
    +General lack of unnecessary micromanagement
    +Generally good benefits and great perks

Cons

-Often difficult to stay on top of the sheer amount of work you need to get done in a day to keep up
    -Pay is reasonable but unremarkable, and achieving higher income levels requires disproportionately more work
    -Basically the bare minimum possible amount of work space allocated per employee and a badly overcrowded office environment
    -Very few non-white employees
    -Management spends most of their time away from their desks in meetings

Advice to Management

I think the philosophy and core ideas are all excellent, and generally the implementation's on the right track, but there's still some room for improvement with the compensation and benefits. And the number of people you're trying to cram into the current offices is not sustainable - we don't have the desk space, the floor space, the meeting space, or even the bathrooms to support this number of employees.

Audley Travel Response

Mar 6, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate the feedback we get from employees and take it very seriously. We are aware that the Boston office is getting tight as the company has grown in the... More

"Fun Company"

I have been working at Audley Travel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young fun office with lots of perks like free fruit, exercise classes, in-office gym. Great benefits and PTO policy.

Cons

The office itself is relatively crowded, and your professional privacy is minimal due to an open concept. Not enough bathrooms.

Advice to Management

Invest in processes that will make sales jobs run more smoothly. Support for the sales team is difficult to anticipate and issues can take days to resolve. Seems like changes are always “in the works” but never come to fruition.

3. "Good job if you're right out of college"

I have been working at Audley Travel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits - snacks, gym, 401k, spin classes
    CEO is awesome

Cons

No work/life balance
    Low base salary as a general specialist
    Not much room for progression

Audley Travel Response

Jan 17, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review, all feedback is greatly welcomed and your concerns of the business are very much taken into consideration.

Audley strives to be an environment that is welcoming to... More

"No company is perfect but Audley tries to really listen"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Audley Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been out of college for almost a decade and have worked for numerous companies. I have worked for companies that don’t care about their employees. Audley does care.

No company is perfect but I think Audley truly does try to listen to the employees as a whole.

I see a lot of complaining about raises and promotions and I think a lot of employees forget that this is a job and not a handout. Work hard, pay your dues and with determination you will see change happen. If you come into work every day and complain, nothing will change. You aren’t going to get a raise or promotion simply for showing up. No participation trophies in the real world!

Cons

Sales positions have had a lot of the focus for the last year and I think it’s now the turn for non sales. While sales positions make the company money, non sales is equally important to the backbone of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep communication open. It gets harder as we continue to grow and I hope we are able to keep that aspect.

5. "Country Specialist"

I have been working at Audley Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing travel perks, fun young office, great pay if you hit your targets, awesome vibe.

Get the chance to travel to your area at least once a year for extended research trips in 5* hotels. Company often has sponsored events so it's a very fun office.

you get to travel the world and design trips to exotic locations - what's not to like?

Cons

Long hours if you're not organized

Advice to Management

keep it up!

6. "Country Specialist"

I have been working at Audley Travel full-time

Pros

This is the best company I have ever worked for. The location in the North End cannot be beaten. The people here at Audley are supportive and fun. Audly has great managers who coach and help specialists learn the position and keep them successful. There is plenty of support to grow in the role and pass probation. Senior Leadership listen to staff and have open lines of communication for feedback and suggestions. Leadership take employee suggestions very seriously and have implemented changes to improve work/life balance including longer paid Parental leave and adjustments to base pay.

Cons

There can be long hours in busy season. There is a steep learning curve to the specialist position.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. IF we ever got a bike scheme going that would be great.

7. "Senior Country Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Country Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Country Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Audley Travel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic management, beautiful office, almost yearly fam trips to regions covered, great benefits, always room to move up

Cons

As in all sales positions, there's pressure to hit numbers. Luxury travel work means producing nearly perfect work and providing excellent service so stress can be high with client demands. Tend to work long hours to meet goals and expectations from company and clients. Needs more diversity in office as well.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on marketing to the right clients so less time is spent working with people who would not book a trip

"The Audley Way"

I have been working at Audley Travel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Audley really attracts great people. When I started working here I was a little freaked out by how nice everyone was and how happy everyone seemed. I thought for sure, things would change as time passed but "nope" everyone is still super nice, helpful and positive. Audley has a really supportive work environment, they really want you to succeed so if you are struggling there is always somebody there to help you---which is really nice.

Cons

There definitely is a lot of pressure to sell, sell sell so if you are not driven or you hate pressure---that aspect of the work environment might be a bit much for you. Most people work past the 9am-5:30pm or 9:30am-6:00pm work hours---you can leave the office at 7:00pm and there are still a lot of people at their desks.

Advice to Management

The management is actually great---they listen to all our feedback and do their best to make improvements where needed. Just keep doing what you are doing!

9. "Country Specialist"

I have been working at Audley Travel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible office with killer North End location and A+ views. Young, fun culture. Travel perks. Hot leads.

Cons

Aggressive hiring, low periods of leads

Advice to Management

Office environment is unparalleled, don't change anything. Freeze the hiring.

10. "Doesn't get any better"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA

I have been working at Audley Travel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company truly cares about your happiness and well-being. There is an era of change occurring and it and breathes employee first. Lots to do and get involved in both in and outside of work from running half marathons together to community service initiatives. Thoroughly live by the 'work hard, play hard' motto.

Cons

Very nimble company, you have to be OK with constantly improving upon yourself.

Advice to Management

Scale growth, there is a unspoken nervousness about the amount of people we are bringing into the company.