Audubon Engineering "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Audubon Engineering Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Nov 29, 2017

3.9
Audubon Engineering Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer Lee Beckett, P.E. (no image)
Lee Beckett, P.E.
Pros
Cons
  • "Oil price downturn has hurt this company(in 5 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Audubon Engineering full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work environment, culture, ingenuity, creativity, growth, benefits, execution strategy, initiatives, and encouragement to be entrepreneurial. In addition, the ability to execute both small and large projects. Diversification.

Cons

No cons. No cons. No cons. No cons. No cons. No cons. No cons. No cons. No cons. No cons. No cons. No cons.

Audubon Engineering2017-11-29
  2. "Audubon Engineering"

Former Employee - PM in Houston, TX

I worked at Audubon Engineering full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment. Good people to work with. Owners worked hard to get where they are and don't seem to have forgotten their roots. Houston office is making a huge effort to expand its Offshore business. New Orleans office shares work with Houston when possible. Opportunities to help rebuild company when oil comes back.

Cons

Oil price downturn has hurt this company. A great deal of its onshore work vanished in spring of 2015. Offshore work is also low When prices come back they will probably need a two years to rebuild and integrate new people into their attitude and culture.

Audubon Engineering2016-01-28

"Ambitious company with a real desire to be a great workplace."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Audubon Engineering full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not afraid to take risks. Always looking out for the next opportunity to break into a new market. Great work environment. Approachable management.

Cons

Very dependent on a few large contracts to keep the doors open. Layoffs are the first answer to a tightening market - no alternatives to "share the burden" are explored. Go to work one day and be shown a presentation on how well the company is doing, go to work the next day and lose your job. Healthcare benefits are absolutely terrible. You can do better on Obamacare. Seriously.

Audubon Engineering2015-04-20

"Good prospects-Great potential-Still finding their feet."

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Audubon Engineering full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company had a great promise-growing, not too big with offices in Texas, Louisiana and other parts of the country as well as central America. The work-life balance is good, and not too intrusive into personal lives. Even though the HQ is in Houston, the culture and values are still very much influenced by Louisiana. Compensation is competitive with the area, and the benefits are slightly above average for the industry. There are many opportunities to be trained with Audubon university. The people are great to work with and generally very sharp. The work processes are easy to learn and simple enough to not get in the way of doing your job well. Work environment is easy-going and flexible. Campus-like atmosphere.

Cons

Senior managers do not listen to everyday workers, or even their middle managers. Upper management tends to micromanage those under them, making their decisions for them. The company has fallen into an area where they are not sure who they want to be and which market share they need to pursue. The hiring process is slow and cumbersome for a company as small as Audubon.

Audubon Engineering2015-03-21

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Associate II in Metairie, LA

I worked at Audubon Engineering full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with great people, flexible hours, great pay and benefits, excellent work environment and experience. Did I mention working with great people?

Cons

Employment dependent on the rise and fall of oil prices, especially the fall.

Audubon Engineering2015-02-06

"Pipeline Engineer"

Current Employee - Pipeine Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Audubon Engineering full-time for less than a year

Pros

Audubon offers a very good work environment.

Cons

I do not have any negative comments to offer.

Audubon Engineering2014-08-04
  7. "Growth, growth, and prizes!"

I have been working at Audubon Engineering

Pros

I happened to join at an opportune time when we're celebrating a landmark year. That said, the ties into Oil and Gas at Audubon are substantive and are producing long-term growth opportunities, rising all boats. It's a phenominal work environment and leadership is connected with the quickly growing 800 person workforce. It's an ambitious place and a company I am happy to see as a part of my long (in career terms) term future.

Cons

I don't really have any substantial negatives to place in here. I suppose that the melee for talent has left some positions open longer than comfortable, but that's to be expected in a high growth environment.

Audubon Engineering2011-12-09

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews