AugustinPartners Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Firm"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at AugustinPartners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with AugustinPartners for five years now and like the work we do as well as the company culture. The work is a diverse and interesting mix of compliance and research including lots of consulting in international tax issues. The firm provides an international work environment in a team that is about half German and half American. Unlike other accounting firms, we have never had mandatory 50 or 60 hour weeks during busy season. In fact, non-management employees are able to leave on time most days so that the work life balance here is much better than in any other firm I know. However, if work demands, staff members are expected to be team players and stay a little later.

In the five years I have been with the firm, not a single staff member was let go because of client losses. AugustinPartners is operating in a niche market with a solid client base and has never had any trouble attracting new clients even in times when many other firms are struggling. In the past, the firm had to let a few people go because of their poor performance, although this is not a common occurrence.
    Of course the partner is focused on billings as revenues keep the firm alive. But he also cares about his staff’s professional growth and general well being. He is very accessible for everyone in the office.

AugustinPartners is the best place I have worked at so far (including a Big Four company and another small accounting firm). The horrible reviews we have received from some former employees who claim to be current employees are insulting and not based on facts and they obviously serve the purpose of hurting our firm. I trust you will figure this out yourself as soon as you read any of them.

Cons

While non-management employees usually do not work overtime, the situation is different for managers who put in extra hours on a frequent basis. Therefore the work life balance for managers at AugustinPartners is comparable to other accounting firms.

"They don't even give me a written offer letter"

Former Employee - Internship in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Internship in New York, NY

Pros

small company, easy job, and paid

Cons

Don't even give me a written offer letter, since I said I need one for school paperwork, and declined my offer. They are freaked out I'm international student

Advice to Management

Please learn more about immigrant policy and don't be afraid to hire international

"Okay"

Former Employee - Tax Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tax Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Good Exposure to foreign returns, good work life balance

Cons

Not enough exposure or practive develepment
    low salary

"Mehr Schein als Sein..."

Former Trainee - Manager in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Former Trainee - Manager in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I worked at AugustinPartners (Less than a year)

Pros

Leider kann ich das Unternehmen nicht weiter empfehlen.

Cons

Im letzten Jahr wurden mehrere Mitarbeiter ohne Vorwarnung entlassen, was dazu geführt hat, dass jedes mal wenn bei den Partnern "die Tür zu geht" sich jeder fragt: fliege ich jetzt raus?

Advice to Management

Die Führungskräfte besitzen keinerlei Führungskompetenzen. Über Mitarbeiter wir nur gelästert und diese werden darüber hinaus oft mutwillig zum Weinen gebracht. Aber man erhält jeden Tag kostenlos Kaffee und Kekse, dies scheint hier wichtiger zu sein als Mitarbeitermotivation, ein gutes Arbeitsklima oder die Weiterbildung der Mitarbeiter.

"Schreckliches und mieses Unternehmen"

Current Employee - Manager in Berlin (Germany)
    Current Employee - Manager in Berlin (Germany)

I have been working at AugustinPartners full-time (More than 3 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Da gibt es nicht viel zu sagen, man wird monatlich bezahlt und bekommt kostenlosen Kaffee. Manche Leute sind nett, wenn man wo anfängt.

Cons

Schlechte Führung und unglaubliches Mikro-Management. Während der Arbeit wird man ständig von einem hinterhältigen Eigentümer und seinen deutsch-sprechenden Kollegen angestarrt. Sehr unmoralische Geschäftspraktiken und wenig Ausstiegsmöglichkeiten.

Advice to Management

Man sollte Angestellte mit Respekt behandeln und aufhören, ständig Sprachen zu sprechen, die nur ein paar verstehen.