Aunt Millie's Bakeries Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
John F. Popp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sorry to see the plant close"

Former Employee - Plant Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Plant Engineer in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great maintenance and production teams. Always exciting daily challenges with the equipment and plant. Pays and benefits are great.

Cons

Hot in the summer and lots of old equipment. Limited support from mid-level management, never got a “Good job” when you get up at 2am Sunday morning to go in fixing a machine that is down

Advice to Management

Be more respectful to your workers whether they are hourly or salary. Get rid of the old school managers to revive the company culture.

2. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries (More than 10 years)

Pros

If your a hard worker, they try and help you when you need it. Whether needing a day switched to days off. Kalamazoo a great place to work. We work hatd and we work together.
    Your rewarded with favors.

Cons

Not much on cons. I believe Management is fair to all. And do their best with everyone. I think less people ask for help when needed. So if ya need help ask for it.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what your doing.

"Very demanding, Your job is picking up the slack where ever it’s needed"

Former Employee - Route Sales Supervisor in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Route Sales Supervisor in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good health care. It is never the same thing every day. Time flies things can change instantly. Meet new people

Cons

Very demanding. Your job can change in minutes. It’s your job to pick up the ball and run with it.

Advice to Management

Sales supervisor might be the biggest ascent the company has. But is also the most taken advantage of.

"Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Saginaw, MI
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Saginaw, MI

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for and they are growing. Willing to work with your schedule. I worked there while going to college and they worked around my class schedule. They also gave me the option for some extra hours loading trucks when someone went on vacation and they needed help.

Cons

Didnt really have any. Besides having to work holidays and weekends. But that was expected

5. "I worked for Aunt Millie's for over 20 years only to be pushed out the door."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My co-workers were like family to me. We made the best out of a crappy situations. I will miss them dearly.

Cons

The hypocrisy from this company is what gets a lot of us. They preach principles, morality, and family then do the total opposite.

The days off are horrible, the hours are horrible, and upper management does not care.

Advice to Management

What comes around, goes around.

6. "Stay Away!!"

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Greenfield, WI
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Greenfield, WI

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Off work at a decent time. That's really it.

Cons

Management hardly knows what's going on as far as ads with stores, usually find out last minute about sales you need to order for the next week. Pay is nowhere near what I was told I would be making per week. Expect to stay a extra hour filling out a route book which is completely outdated and pointless since most of your accounts are pay for scan and numbers are automatically tracked.

May 7, 2017 – Senior Director of Marketing

I'm sorry to hear you had some negative experiences. I will pass along your comments to management. If you want to discuss further, please email me at Millie@AuntMillies.com

7. "No appreciation for employees that work hard"

Former Employee - Clerk
    Former Employee - Clerk

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The customers were great, work is very fast pace and physical which I loved. That's the only good thing I can think of from my three years with that company.

Cons

Did not value their hard working employees. Expected us to get a lot of work done with very little pay and ALWAYS short handed. Every winter we were expected to plow the parking lot so our customers wouldn't fall. Many times during our extra short handed days we would clock out after the shift and continue to work as they wouldn't allow us to go over a certain amount of hours. I worked so hard I broke a sweat daily, while still putting a smile on my face to help my customers. Never once was I told by anyone higher that I was valued as an employee. In fact I was told I could get a .50 raise BUT I would lose all my vacation time. " you don't need vacation time, you're part time" I quit after that.

Advice to Management

Focus on those good employees if you still have them. Treat them right, check on them, tell them you appreciate them, actually give decent raises. You have nothing else to offer if you took bonuses, vacation, and 401 away. Make it worth it. Working in the outlet store is VERY hard work.

Sep 29, 2017 – Senior Director of Marketing

8. "Operator"

Former Employee - Production Operator in Sidney, OH
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Sidney, OH

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The current wage was acceptable for an entry level operator. Did have the occasional free meal for employee appreciation. Company provided uniforms.

Cons

Long hours.low pay based on job duties and responsibilities..poor medical/health coverage.hot environment.especially during the summer. Worked various hours..4am-4pm. 4pm-4am...other issues observed that need addressed to make it a better work environment.

Advice to Management

Training manuals and training videos along with on the job training. Follow good safety practices and offer employee and supervisors safety PPE and harness when asked to perform duties where they are required to perform tasks safely. Other issues observed .

May 7, 2017 – Senior Director of Marketing

9. "Horrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Clerk in Merrillville, IN
    Former Employee - Clerk in Merrillville, IN

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro to this company was that they paid nicely by the hour.

Cons

There are too many cons to count poor management, poor coworkers, not fast paced, low hours, an open door policy that means absolutely nothing and so much more.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they speak to you rather than sweeping it under the rug, you need to offer more for your employees (hours, benefits, opportunity to rise, and PTO), and last but not least I hated working for this company because rather than listen to multiple employees about the same issue they ignored it and went on with their day.

10. "Maintenance"

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time

Pros

I loved my job there. It was very challenging and I learned alot .was hurt at work and now on disability. Can still work part time only restrictions are set down as needed

Cons

Very challenging but I loved it very fast paced 150 loafs a minute.