Aunt Millie's Bakeries Reviews | Glassdoor

John F. Popp

1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, great people to work for. Good benefits.

Cons

Hours are long. Holidays, weekends...it's the bread world you already know what to expect.

Advice to Management

Promote from within.

2. "Stay Away!!"

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Greenfield, WI
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Greenfield, WI

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Off work at a decent time. That's really it.

Cons

Management hardly knows what's going on as far as ads with stores, usually find out last minute about sales you need to order for the next week. Pay is nowhere near what I was told I would be making per week. Expect to stay a extra hour filling out a route book which is completely outdated and pointless since most of your accounts are pay for scan and numbers are automatically tracked.

3. "Operator"

Former Employee - Production Operator in Sidney, OH
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Sidney, OH

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The current wage was acceptable for an entry level operator. Did have the occasional free meal for employee appreciation. Company provided uniforms.

Cons

Long hours.low pay based on job duties and responsibilities..poor medical/health coverage.hot environment.especially during the summer. Worked various hours..4am-4pm. 4pm-4am...other issues observed that need addressed to make it a better work environment.

Advice to Management

Training manuals and training videos along with on the job training. Follow good safety practices and offer employee and supervisors safety PPE and harness when asked to perform duties where they are required to perform tasks safely. Other issues observed .

5. "Horrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Clerk in Merrillville, IN
    Former Employee - Clerk in Merrillville, IN

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro to this company was that they paid nicely by the hour.

Cons

There are too many cons to count poor management, poor coworkers, not fast paced, low hours, an open door policy that means absolutely nothing and so much more.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they speak to you rather than sweeping it under the rug, you need to offer more for your employees (hours, benefits, opportunity to rise, and PTO), and last but not least I hated working for this company because rather than listen to multiple employees about the same issue they ignored it and went on with their day.

6. "Retail Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Pros

Working by myself. Part-time hours

Cons

Low pay and no mileage or car allowance; Management is a joke and no one ever seems to be in the office to answer the phone guess they are playing at being at work and somewhere else on their cell phones? I was fired for complaining that I did not have the product in the stores to properly do my job and stocking the shelves and displays. Their plan-o-grams are not even close to the actual shelving in the store. They contract with Meijer and have a serious bias towards them over other stores on the route.

Advice to Management

Fir the entire management staff at the Lansing office and retrain your sales reps to actually know how to order properly. Get rid of LaJoy, they are a joke.

"Route Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Pay is good. If/once you get used to the long hours and odd work schedule this job is tolerable. Enjoyed having afternoons free.

Cons

Basically, they treat you like a dog. Employees are just another number. The company claims to be a "christian" organization, but that is in no way reflected by the management they employ.

Advice to Management

Stop treating/acting like its an us versus them warfare. Your job is support employees to grow business...not beat them down and berate them.

Aug 12, 2016 – Senior Director of Marketing

I'm sorry to hear you had some negative experiences. I will pass along your comments to management. If you want to discuss further, please email me at Millie@AuntMillies.com

8. "Management"

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Dayton, OH

Pros

Management gets a hard time on here, and I found them to be more than fair and accomidating to me.

Cons

Hours - wow - early and lots of them!

Advice to Management

Thanks to the Dayton Office, manager and assistants are courteous, fair, and thoughtful. Good opportunity for a hard worker, good compensation available with dilligance.

9. "problems-a-plenty"

Former Employee - Production Associate in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, nice lead supervisor, that is about it

Cons

The workers are mean and rude, they like to talk about the mistakes you make and that everyone hates their jobs. Too many problems with the machines. You are literally running around your whole shift fixing the machines and spending about 1% of your shift actually doing your job. Turnover rate is ridiculously high

Advice to Management

Fix your machines!! so the workers are not constantly having to fix them. If management were to do that, some of the jobs would be more manageable and people would not be so stressed out

"Route Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries (Less than a year)

Pros

Had your own route and were on your own most of the time.

Cons

Lack of professionalism by management.

Advice to Management

Keep your dirty laundry in the office.

"Retail Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time

Pros

Working alone, and good compensation.

Cons

Horrible training process. Little to no training. Rude upper i.e. Janet. Early hours. Little to no communication from management. Here's where you do what you do and hope you figure it out, it should be their motto.

Advice to Management

Perhaps if you started out by properly training employees, you would be able to keep the employees you have instead of letting them go.