Aureus Medical Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Scot Thompson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Most account managers are very helpful and approachable" (in 9 reviews)

• "Alex & Nikita were always available to answer questions & explained to me in simple terms to understand" (in 4 reviews)

1. "A rare find"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aureus Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Transparency
    Empowerment
    Opportunity

I’ve worked there for 3 years and have been provided MANY opportunities I wouldn’t have expected. This company invests in people and thanks to their training department, those people become leaders, QUICKLY. Leadership is strong and committed to company health as well as employees.

Cons

At times slow to change/adapt

My only con for this company is the hesitancy they have for making quick changes and taking cutting edge risks. At times this feels too safe, and puts them at a competitive disadvantage, but that could be said of many companies this large.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust your employees, continue to listen to feedback, and be willing to step out onto the cutting edge when the opportunity is right.

May 25, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks so much for the five stars and for sharing your experience of being part of the Aureus Medical team! Glad to have you on board and we always appreciate the feedback!

"Caniving and Manipulative"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Boston, MA

I worked at Aureus Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Agents are very nice. Polite agents and help with housing.

Cons

Will take so much money from you if you use their housing. Spiteful when I left - my polite agent as mentioned in “pros” went nuts and I’ll never forget “after everything I’ve done for you” - then withheld my paychecks last 2 illegally - currently have labor board case

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage of new travel nurses and pay them fair. Yes, If a traveler does not find their own housing you should get a fee for finding it but certainly not the amount you take! And maybe not pay employees their last checks before leaving.

"NOT a good place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aureus Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a 5 minute break every month....there are some good people here (non-management). Over all a terrible place to work

Cons

- RN's are just a number and not cared about
    -Unreasonable goals
    -Commission is complicated by design
    -Management is lazy
    -The "Presidents club" is full of horrible people.

Advice to Management

Pay a little closer to who you promote. Get commissions figured out and make them easier to understand.

Jun 7, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

We appreciate you sharing your comments and feedback. We'll forward them to our management team. Thank you!

4. "RN"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn
    Current Employee - RN, Bsn

I have been working at Aureus Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Extremely helpful, professional, and accountable account managers by your side.
    -Very flexible on moves.
    -Account managers are very adaptive and will do their best throughout any conflicts with assignments.

Cons

-If I were to try and name any, sometimes communication can be difficult between departments.

Apr 25, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks so much for the five stars! We appreciate your feedback about your experience with us. It's important to us that our account managers are accessible and helpful and that you feel supported... More

5. "Travel OTR"

I have been working at Aureus Medical Group full-time

Pros

Timely and efficient. My account manager and recruiter are super supportive.

Cons

No complaints! This is my first travel assignment and so far I love it. Aureus did a great job with this one.

Apr 11, 2018 – Director of Marketing

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! We're happy to hear you feel supported by our team and that your first travel experience with us has been a positive one. We look forward to continuing to... More

"Recruiting factory"

I worked at Aureus Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is how amazing the first few months of training are. After training, you are at the mercy of where ever you are placed

Cons

-After training, my team lead expected me to learn how to become an account manager on my own.
    -My manager was a bully.
    - Team lead was also a huge bully that came to work every day with a horrible attitude. Everyone pretended to like her because they were scared of her.
    -Managers got paid to sit around all day and play on Facebook and shop online.

Advice to Management

Do a better job at picking your team leads. Most team leads are a bunch of bully’s that steal candidates and slime their way to the top.

May 18, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks for your feedback. We will certainly forward your comments to our management team.

7. "Excellent handlers."

Current Employee - MRI Technologist in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - MRI Technologist in Flint, MI

I have been working at Aureus Medical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work is plentiful, the scenery changes and the staff is always willing to help you out with anything.

Cons

Benefits are expensive...but everything is expensive now. I had to pay for the two or three previous months all at once! Why? It cleaned me out that week.

Feb 19, 2018 – Front End Web Developer

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We look forward to continuing with you on your career journey!

8. "Review"

I have been working at Aureus Medical Group full-time

Pros

Everyone is super friendly and always returns your phone call in a timely matter. I have had no problems thus far

Cons

Lower pay for travel nurses and different recruiter for every state

Feb 5, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate it very much!

"Account Manager"

I worked at Aureus Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, non management team work great with a real sense of pride

Cons

Most account managers care very little for their travelers, like to gossip and tell embarrassing stories about them, most care about money being made then growing real give and take relationship with travelers

Advice to Management

don't just say your a great company to work for prove it, more training needs to be provided to leadership especially team leads.

Jan 24, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. As always, we appreciate the feedback very much and will forward within our organization.

"Liars, unorganized, scam"

Former Employee - Traveling Phlebotomist in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Traveling Phlebotomist in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Aureus Medical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good I found in this company was the pay and seeing our country and that is it!

Cons

I waited 5 years for a job. I kept at them for 5 years straight and finally got a job! And i regreat it! The hotel they put me in may as well have been a crack house! Body fluid all over the bed and floor, hairs in the sink and tub, along with old contacts and falling ceiling tiles. And not to mention the daily wakeup call from the drunk.

This company doesnt care about your well being they care about how much they make off of you. They never gave me an option to drive to the state i was needed in. I had to drive 19.5 hours one way. I was informed that my lodging would be picked up by the company because i was driving... Nope! They didnt even book the hotel! Or reimburse! The list goes on and on. Dont expect to get paid like they tell you because its a lie. They will say... no we dont hold the first weeks check. I waited 2 weeks and was already nearly broke from the hotels and gas i had to pay up there.

Advice to Management

Learn to keep your word! And to stand by wat you say when you tell someone you are going to reimburse for milage actually do it! Your company needs vast improvement and organization. Maybe some folks that actually care about the people that work SO hard for you guys to have a job and have that bonus when our assignments are over!

Jan 24, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we regret that your experience with us did not live up to expectations. Please know that your feedback will be forwarded within our organization. In... More