Aureus Medical Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Scot Thompson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Most account managers are very helpful and approachable" (in 10 reviews)

• "Great pay and benefits are amazing" (in 4 reviews)

"A rare find"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aureus Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Transparency
    Empowerment
    Opportunity

I’ve worked there for 3 years and have been provided MANY opportunities I wouldn’t have expected. This company invests in people and thanks to their training department, those people become leaders, QUICKLY. Leadership is strong and committed to company health as well as employees.

Cons

At times slow to change/adapt

My only con for this company is the hesitancy they have for making quick changes and taking cutting edge risks. At times this feels too safe, and puts them at a competitive disadvantage, but that could be said of many companies this large.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust your employees, continue to listen to feedback, and be willing to step out onto the cutting edge when the opportunity is right.

May 25, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks so much for the five stars and for sharing your experience of being part of the Aureus Medical team! Glad to have you on board and we always appreciate the feedback!

2. "Great Company to Work With"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Aureus Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Respectful, pleasant to work with, great benefits

Cons

Low pay for experienced practitioners

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Aug 13, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks so much for the positive review and the feedback! We're happy that you're part of the Aureus Medical family and we appreciate you putting your trust in us to assist you on your career journey... More

3. "Travel MLT"

Former Employee - Mlt in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Mlt in Columbus, OH

I worked at Aureus Medical Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great experiences, fair wages, competitive wages, most account managers were easy to reach and work with.

Cons

One manager was a bit more difficult to reach and would take a few days to reply to emails/voicemails. When I left the company I put that in a survey they asked me to fill out.

Depending on when you start it can be awhile before healthcare benefits kick in, but they should be retroactive. 40hrs of PTO doesn't come until 1 year's worth of worked hours. Retirement benefits take awhile before being offered. Other companies have 401k's on day one.

Jul 27, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate the feedback very much and we will share it with our team. We wish you all the best on your career journey!

4. "Not a great company to work with!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Aureus Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro about this company is the large amount of people they train and let go. Omaha is now full of great recruiters because Aureus can’t keep employes.

Cons

There are a lot of issues with management. Very cliquey environment. Leaders are selected based on sales, not leadership. I am so incredably happy to not work here anymore.

Advice to Management

We can give all the advice in the world and Aureus management won’t listen. If I am to say anything, it is promote true leaders, not slimy sales reps who have bad attitudes.

Aug 13, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

We appreciate and value feedback. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we will forward it on within our organization. We wish you all the best.

5. "New Grad Travel Opportunities"

I have been working at Aureus Medical Group full-time

Pros

-Recruiters I have worked with are all friendly and helpful
    -Have decent health care benefits
    -Are not super pushy when you request time to review contracts before signing
    -Easy to establish phone interviews with prospective employers

Cons

-Will low ball what an entry level PT should make as a traveler
    -Many points of contact can get confusing who to direct questions to

Advice to Management

When offering a job placement streamline the process by putting all of the required paperwork in one place (ie email or webpage).

Jul 9, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments about your experience working with Aureus Medical! We appreciate the feedback very much. We will also forward your suggestion to our... More

"Caniving and Manipulative"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Boston, MA

I worked at Aureus Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Agents are very nice. Polite agents and help with housing.

Cons

Will take so much money from you if you use their housing. Spiteful when I left - my polite agent as mentioned in “pros” went nuts and I’ll never forget “after everything I’ve done for you” - then withheld my paychecks last 2 illegally - currently have labor board case

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage of new travel nurses and pay them fair. Yes, If a traveler does not find their own housing you should get a fee for finding it but certainly not the amount you take! And maybe not pay employees their last checks before leaving.

Jun 25, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Aureus Medical appreciates your comments and your feedback. We strive to provide our travelers with the best customer service. Should you wish to discuss this further, we would encourage you to... More

7. "RN"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn
    Current Employee - RN, Bsn

I have been working at Aureus Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Extremely helpful, professional, and accountable account managers by your side.
    -Very flexible on moves.
    -Account managers are very adaptive and will do their best throughout any conflicts with assignments.

Cons

-If I were to try and name any, sometimes communication can be difficult between departments.

Apr 25, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks so much for the five stars! We appreciate your feedback about your experience with us. It's important to us that our account managers are accessible and helpful and that you feel supported... More

8. "Travel OTR"

I have been working at Aureus Medical Group full-time

Pros

Timely and efficient. My account manager and recruiter are super supportive.

Cons

No complaints! This is my first travel assignment and so far I love it. Aureus did a great job with this one.

Apr 11, 2018 – Director of Marketing

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! We're happy to hear you feel supported by our team and that your first travel experience with us has been a positive one. We look forward to continuing to... More

"Recruiting factory"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Aureus Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is how amazing the first few months of training are. After training, you are at the mercy of where ever you are placed

Cons

-After training, my team lead expected me to learn how to become an account manager on my own.
    -My manager was a bully.
    - Team lead was also a huge bully that came to work every day with a horrible attitude. Everyone pretended to like her because they were scared of her.
    -Managers got paid to sit around all day and play on Facebook and shop online.

Advice to Management

Do a better job at picking your team leads. Most team leads are a bunch of bully’s that steal candidates and slime their way to the top.

May 18, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks for your feedback. We will certainly forward your comments to our management team.

10. "Excellent handlers."

Current Employee - MRI Technologist in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - MRI Technologist in Flint, MI

I have been working at Aureus Medical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work is plentiful, the scenery changes and the staff is always willing to help you out with anything.

Cons

Benefits are expensive...but everything is expensive now. I had to pay for the two or three previous months all at once! Why? It cleaned me out that week.

Feb 19, 2018 – Front End Web Developer

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We look forward to continuing with you on your career journey!