Aureus Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Scot Thompson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Most account managers are very helpful and approachable (in 8 reviews)

• Alex & Nikita were always available to answer questions & explained to me in simple terms to understand (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Health insurance is expensive and not very good coverage (in 4 reviews)

• Overall has been a good experience, no cons (in 4 reviews)

1. "Review"

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time

Pros

Everyone is super friendly and always returns your phone call in a timely matter. I have had no problems thus far

Cons

Lower pay for travel nurses and different recruiter for every state

Feb 5, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate it very much!

2. "Excellent handlers."

Current Employee - MRI Technologist in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - MRI Technologist in Flint, MI

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work is plentiful, the scenery changes and the staff is always willing to help you out with anything.

Cons

Benefits are expensive...but everything is expensive now. I had to pay for the two or three previous months all at once! Why? It cleaned me out that week.

Feb 19, 2018 – Front End Web Developer

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We look forward to continuing with you on your career journey!

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, non management team work great with a real sense of pride

Cons

Most account managers care very little for their travelers, like to gossip and tell embarrassing stories about them, most care about money being made then growing real give and take relationship with travelers

Advice to Management

don't just say your a great company to work for prove it, more training needs to be provided to leadership especially team leads.

Jan 24, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. As always, we appreciate the feedback very much and will forward within our organization.

"Liars, unorganized, scam"

Former Employee - Traveling Phlebotomist in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Traveling Phlebotomist in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good I found in this company was the pay and seeing our country and that is it!

Cons

I waited 5 years for a job. I kept at them for 5 years straight and finally got a job! And i regreat it! The hotel they put me in may as well have been a crack house! Body fluid all over the bed and floor, hairs in the sink and tub, along with old contacts and falling ceiling tiles. And not to mention the daily wakeup call from the drunk.

This company doesnt care about your well being they care about how much they make off of you. They never gave me an option to drive to the state i was needed in. I had to drive 19.5 hours one way. I was informed that my lodging would be picked up by the company because i was driving... Nope! They didnt even book the hotel! Or reimburse! The list goes on and on. Dont expect to get paid like they tell you because its a lie. They will say... no we dont hold the first weeks check. I waited 2 weeks and was already nearly broke from the hotels and gas i had to pay up there.

Advice to Management

Learn to keep your word! And to stand by wat you say when you tell someone you are going to reimburse for milage actually do it! Your company needs vast improvement and organization. Maybe some folks that actually care about the people that work SO hard for you guys to have a job and have that bonus when our assignments are over!

Jan 24, 2018 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we regret that your experience with us did not live up to expectations. Please know that your feedback will be forwarded within our organization. In... More

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Direct management listens & asks for any of my input on new processes coming through, constantly getting pushed outside of my comfort zone with dealing with those "hard conversations" & has helped me grow tremendously.

Cons

I have no Cons to list!

Oct 27, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thanks so much for your feedback and positive comments. We appreciate it!

6. "Great Recruiting"

Current Employee - Medical Technologist
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Communication is amazing. Very friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

Don't have any at this time

Sep 22, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

We're happy you're part of the Aureus family and that you're having a positive experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to post a review!

7. "Professional, friendly, and efficient"

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very efficient in setting up assignment details such as housing and car rental. Account managers have been personable and accessible when I have had a question or problem, and care about how I am doing in a given assignment. Thanks!

Cons

There should be incentives for increases in base pay, given that only one week of paid time off is given in one year with a certain number of hours worked.

Sep 22, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thank you for your review and for sharing your comments! We're glad to have you as part of our team and we look forward to continuing to help you with your career journey. We'll be sure to pass... More

8. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership and training. Lots of opportunity for advancement if you meet your sales goals

Cons

Mostly all sales based. If you don't like sales, don't work here or apply for a support position.

Advice to Management

Ask new employees what they want when they first start. And set expectations for performance from the beginning.

Sep 22, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback - it's important to us and we appreciate it.

"Nope"

Former Employee - Billing in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Billing in Omaha, NE

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great family that owns this company.

Cons

Reality ion culture is it depends on how good your manager is if you will have a decent working experience. Unfortunately, over the top unworkable. It's hard to work for a manager you can't feel comfortable to trust It was disturbing work gaps exist not because people aren't saying they aren't able to follow up as needed, but because there is too much work versus the time needed to complete follow up work. I was very uncomfortable to see items checked off items I didn't think should have been. Our manager was adamant about reminding you of her position and how important she is to corporate. If you bring up suggestions or issues expect to be shut down firmly. She wants to do things her way, and not open to input. Internal training with the manager was painfully slow. It took weeks what should have been hours. We are micromanaged for minor things and quickly written up if you start your day at all early. I was worried to stay as the amount of work needing to be done versus really being completed is not possible. Sadly, hoped for the best, but not a supportive environment.

Advice to Management

Don't preach one team but not follow through like it. Don't tell us how great you are so much, listen and don't be angry when people question a process. It should come down to us doing our job fully and with quality. Allow us the time to complete billing tasks. Consider allowing people to specialize because it's unrealistic to think people can remember and have high accuracy without it. Look at last work dates an if items should be checked off. Communicate in the system and cut the random micro managing rules. Don't be defensive, disregard or brag constantly.

Sep 22, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Thank you for your candid feedback - we appreciate it. We will forward your comments within our organization.

"NOT RECOMMENDED."

Former Employee - Staff RN
    Former Employee - Staff RN

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

new opportunity. meet mostly nice people

Cons

RN was given an erroneous bad review from opposite shift. RN didn't have housing until day before. RN was told to evacuate housing in 48 hours; kicking RN to the curb, and leaving homeless, and jobless. What a disgrace!!! Rushes the decision making, "This one's going fast." Be careful, and do your homework. Don't work for them!!!! You'll regret it.

Advice to Management

listen to facts, and not opinions. Have reviews made by direct contact, and not by opposite shifts. Shame on you!!

Sep 22, 2017 – Sr. Communications Specialist

Feedback is important to us and we appreciate you sharing your comments. We will be sure to forward within our organization. Thank you!