Aureus Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scot Thompson

Pros
Cons
  • recruiters pretty much refuse to contact you in ways other than phone calls even when repeatedly asked to contact by e-mail (in 4 reviews)

• Prolonged waiting period for health insurance to become active (in 3 reviews)

1. "Best company I've ever worked for"

Pros

I read some reviews, and have never been encouraged to skip lunch or work 10 hour days. I love my coworkers in the office, and my employees out in the field are awesome! No day is ever the same. You do work hard, but the return is great.

Cons

The benefits package could be improved. They are pricey, and maybe not the best out there. Please shop around

Advice to Management

Listen to employees about benefits, and flexible schedules.

2. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time

Pros

Great pay, hours and leave your job at the elevator

Cons

PTO could be a lot better.

Advice to Management

Possible if you are interested. They encourage it

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Higher management is always available and accessible. The compensation is truly generous especially when you consider all it takes to get fired. As long as your efforts are there it takes significant lack of improvement and attitude to lose your job. This is great in a sales role where you consistently feel the pressure of hitting numbers or losing your job.

Cons

Hiring right now seems to be less selective in order to get enough warm bodies. These new hire classes recruit heavily in the beginning and most don't make it very long. Would be nice to not waste those recruiting calls (which could be called by people who have shown they love the job) on new hires that won't make it.

Advice to Management

Hire less people, with less turnover.

4. "had a great time working with the team."

Current Employee - Phlebotomist
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

traveling from state to state

Cons

company has great values support staff

Advice to Management

good company to work for

5. "Branch Manager"

Pros

Culture is great! For internal and external employees. Pay is more than fair and the benefits are standard compared to other employers in the industry. We have many jobs and exclusives for our traveling nurses since we've been around for 45 years.

Cons

PTO could accrue a little faster, however, company is very generous awarding extra PTO for good performance.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent. We love the small company culture even though the company is growing and growing!

"Account Manager"

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive, up-beat culture with hands on managers who want you to succeed. From the top down, managers are supportive, approachable and motivating. Coworkers are light hearted, friendly and knowledgeable. Pay is structured so that if you succeed, others succeed. We're a team here, which makes it nice. You know where your money is going to and coming from, they've done very well at making things transparent. If you work hard, you can make great money. It's easy - do what you say you're going to, follow up, be personable, have fun and make good decisions. There's a great work/life balance, you work 8-5 and you go home at nights and on weekends and you have no worries. We're treated to free lunches, breakfasts and happy hours, making it fun!

Cons

As with any 8-5 job, it is very structured, but you get used to it (and it goes hand in hand with previous comment --- work hard = make money).

"I'm an account manager who has been here for almost 3 years and I love it."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible with the hours and family oriented.

Cons

Insurance benefits are not the best, by a long shot.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the dress code and next year revamp the benefits entirely. That is worth a lot to employees.

8. "Recruiter review- Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aureus and C&A truly care about their people! I have never experienced such genuine management that takes the time to truly help their team succeed.

The training program is great. It lasts about 12 weeks and you have a mentor to help you along the way.

It's a casual, team-oriented environment. Business casual dress M-T and casual Friday's. There are many company events both within work and outside of work. People are nice and willing to help. I've gained a sense of community and actually enjoy my coworkers. We have a lot of laughs and help each other through the hard times.

Management gives a lot of recognition and encourages employees to support one another. Many people start as recruiters and move into management internally. Overall, the culture is POSITIVE and it's something we are proud of.

The money is great! As a recruiter I get paid hourly along with commission. There are many incentives to work towards and they are obtainable. The company gives credit where credit is due.

Cons

This job is overwhelming in the beginning. There is a lot to learn if you are new to the staffing industry and it can be scary. However, the training program is great and they set you up for success. Nevertheless, building your pipeline takes time and there is no instant-gratification in this role.

Another con is that this industry is tumultuous. You will have good periods and poor periods and it can be stressful. However, it's a team environment and it is understood that everyone has lulls in production. Luckily, it's not 100% commission based.

Finally, the job can be monotonous at times. The job is 100% on the phone and making calls and leaving voicemails all day isn't for everyone. However, the great culture makes it worth it!

It's not for everyone! You must be assertive but also compassionate to do well here. Also, you must be able to take feedback in order to improve.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I can tell how genuine management is about believing that we have the best employees. Also, continue to be open to feedback and change. This is what makes Aureus a great place to work!

9. "Lab tech"

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time

Pros

Great pay and benefits are amazing

Cons

Only 40 hours PTO a year

10. "Amazing Company with Healthy Culture"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aureus Medical (More than a year)

Pros

I started working at Aureus in August of 2015. I came from an entirely different industry and didn't realize how bad the culture was at my old job. Sometimes it takes seeing things done the right way for you to realize you've only ever known the wrong way. They truly value the employees at this company and they go out of their way to make sure you know. Every resource you could need to be successful is made available to you from the very beginning and there is such a supportive teamwork mentality. Each individual's success is the team's success and vice versa. The benefits and the pay are all great, but the culture floored me from my first day.

Cons

Not a lot to say. The job is what it is - I think some people don't know what to expect with a sales based position. You have to work to be successful, but the training and support are second to none.

Advice to Management

Continue to place an emphasis on valuing employees and supporting them. Their success lifts the company and will ensure Aureus continues to be a leader in Healthcare Staffing