Aurora Health Care Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aurora Health Care President & CEO Nick Turkal
Nick Turkal

Pros
  • work/life balance is great in my area (in 19 reviews)

• Good benefits are always a plus (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • 40 in wellness credits per pay period to offset my portion of health care premium (in 14 reviews)

• Potential for cluttered work environment (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Aurora centers themselves amongst an elite team who embrace and carryout its vision"

Current Employee - Insurance Verification in New Berlin, WI
    Current Employee - Insurance Verification in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at Aurora Health Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training, continuing education, mentoring, engagement, feedback, opportunities, great HR recruitment (C. Hintz), excellent benefits, supervisors, managers, executives get involved with all levels of staff. Vision past, current, and future is exciting. Culture is diverse and Aurora is involved in creating the atmosphere.

Cons

Clock-in times are necessary. I've only experienced the feeling of acceptance, acknowledgement, assistance, department team is outstanding. The hiring protocol is lengthy. However, with that being said, Aurora receives the best talent.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide tools, resources, updates on company direction, vision, mission statement, present and future outlook for Aurora. Employed in a specific department I've been given many tools, a rock star supervisor, another rock star lead, and enjoy the diversity of our team.

Mar 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your great feedback! So happy to have you on our team.

2. "Awesome work environment"

Current Employee - ROI Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - ROI Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Aurora Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are second to none. Friendly co-workers are abundant and managers are great.

Cons

The pay could be a little better but the benefits help balance things out.

Advice to Management

keep striving to keep a happy work environment

3. "Phlebotomy"

Current Employee - Phlebotomy in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Phlebotomy in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Aurora Health Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work around your schedule, nice pay, nice management, supports growth offers tuition reimbursement to go back to school and offers training in different areas

Cons

Find a job you really love to do, co workers can be the problem sometimes. Also a lot of workers like to call people "hun, sweets, darling" I dislike that

Advice to Management

None

Apr 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review.

5. "Healthcare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Aurora Health Care (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, advancement opportunities.

Cons

Benefits package. Health insurance prices to use providers we work with daily is extremely overpriced.

Apr 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our benefits package is extremely competitive in the marketplace and offers many wellness credits to help offset your employee contribution.

6. "Solid Pay, Great Benefits and an Evolving Culture"

Current Employee - Network Server Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Network Server Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Aurora Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is comparable if not better than others in the industry. 401k and Healthcare Plans are superb. Good culture, but it is still evolving from an old school way of thinking.

Cons

You have to start over with your vacation time. I gave up 5 weeks of vacation and Aurora makes you build yours up slowly at around 7 hours per paycheck. Poor office location, the Heil Center is located in west Milwaukee. Cafeteria is terrible and there is no workout center.

Advice to Management

Move the offices downtown. The corporate office location is horrendous. Upgrade the cafeteria and add a workout center.

Apr 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

7. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Aurora Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people with big hearts. Lots of good people that are very friendly and have the best of intentions.

Cons

Lots of bureaucracy, organization is very vertical and top heavy, it is difficult to accomplish work and implement real positive change.

Advice to Management

Flatten the organization and empower your caregivers. The world is changing, and so should Aurora Health Care's management style. Healthcare is going through a transformation which requires doing things differently.

Apr 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Aurora is committed to maintaining a highly engaged workforce. One of the many areas of focus is increasing the involvement of our caregivers in decisions that impact their area or department. To ... More

8. "Medical Assistant"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Oconomowoc, WI
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Oconomowoc, WI

I have been working at Aurora Health Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A positive and professional employer. They embrace new and old employees ideas. They have gotten creative welcoming each employee with different strategies. I love the family atmosphere with each employee.

Cons

Pay could be a little better and competitive.. It is a trade off.

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review Aurora.

"St.Lukes employee"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Aurora Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay. Magnet recognition. Staff on my unit work well as a team.

Cons

Staffing ratios and being mandated. Safe patient ratios need to be fully enforced and there should be no excuse otherwise. Healthcare benifits aren't the best.

Advice to Management

Hire as quickly and efficiently as possible. HR and upper management need to move quickly with hiring and staffing ratios. Unsafe nurse to patient ratios lead to a bad work environment.

Mar 30, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the feedback. We are making some process improvements and other changes that will address some of your recommendations.

10. "Overall"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in West Allis, WI
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in West Allis, WI

I have been working at Aurora Health Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Imprint within the community, diverse & welcoming work environment, bountiful opportunities of career growth

Cons

Potential for cluttered work environment

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

11. "The Best Opportunities are with Aurora"

Current Employee - CNA in South Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - CNA in South Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Aurora Health Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Aurora has, so far, been an outstanding experience. I have gained more knowledge in the short amount of time I have been employed, than I ever thought I could gain! The management in my dept. is awesome. Most of my fellow co-workers are nice and polite.
    Aurora has excellent benefits and incentives. If you're looking for solid employment where you can learn each and every day and want to "move up the ladder," Aurora is the place to be!

Cons

The orientation experience was a nightmare. During the process, I realized the "preceptor" was not teaching the "Aurora way," but "their" way. In addition, there was negative talk about other employees in that dept. As a new employee, I view that as unacceptable. After that experience, I has second thoughts about working for Aurora and felt if they were willing to talk 'ill" of other co-workers, what are they saying about me.
    Another con is how patient rooms are assigned to caregivers. It only makes sense to keep a caregiver in the same vicinity and not assign them, for example, 5 rooms down hallway 1 and 3 rooms down hallway 2. This has lead to congestion, frustration of not getting to another patient on time, and it makes it harder on the caregiver. Of course, this can't happen all the time, however, there definitely needs to be a revision on how patient rooms are assigned. Lastly, we are allowed a 1/2 hour for lunch. There have been numerous times I've HAD TO skip lunch and not get paid for it because I was behind and no one assisted me so I was able to go to lunch.

Advice to Management

Revise Orientation. Emphasize the importance of doing things the right way, without "shortcuts" and doing things "their way." Also remind staff that it is not OK to speak ill of others to new hires (or any time) as it could be a deterrent to their floor and harm future attempts to hire new employees.
    Keep on providing up-to-date education and what is going on, on the floor.

Mar 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your thorough review. Orientation for Aurora Health Care has been standardized throughout the system and the unit leadership completes orientation check in to assess progress. It is ... More