Aurora Mental Health Center Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2020

2.7
Aurora Mental Health Center Executive Director Randy Stith (no image)
Randy Stith
  1. "Bright future for this company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Director in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Aurora Mental Health Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New CEO is very good at her job, committed to changing the culture of the company, and truly care about the staff. The company has a solid strategic plan, and the CEO is raising capital to invest back in the staff (bonuses, salary increases, performance review, etc.)

Cons

The pay is lower compared to other healthcare companies, but the new CEO is trying to fix this. A lot of their buildings are in need of update and repair. The CEO is executing a property consolidation plan to raise money for some much needed repairs and modernization.

2. "Not horrible but not great"

Current Employee - Clinician

I have been working at Aurora Mental Health Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a good place to get your foot in the door and get your hours for licensure. The company also offers good benefits and pay for performance bonuses. I also really enjoy the CEO and her vision for the future of the company.

Cons

I've never worked at a more disorganized and negative place. The management is lacking in competence at times. Additionally, the workload and productivity requirements are overwhelming at times and the pay does not make for a great incentive. The culture of the work environment is also very toxic and there is a lack of accountability for people's unethical/inappropriate actions.

3. "NA"

1.0
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Aurora Mental Health Center full-time

Pros

Very good work life balance

Cons

Management is disorganized and not respected

4. "Be forwarned"

Former Employee - Therapist

I worked at Aurora Mental Health Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Gaining clinical experience, the privileges involved in helping those in need.

Cons

Poor management, senior management is always trying to implement new approaches to client and staff support that are typically abandoned very little support, revolving door, overall poor morale agency-wide. Pay is insulting.

5. "Needs Work"

Former Employee - Sex Offense Specific Therapist in Denver, CO

I worked at Aurora Mental Health Center full-time

Pros

Director was educated, team worked together well

Cons

Organization was extremely disorganized and bureaucratic

6. "Change is tough man"

Current Employee - Bilingual Therapist

I have been working at Aurora Mental Health Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, great coworkers , new CEO cares

Cons

Too many people stuck in the old ways, lack of transparency

"Feels like middle school"

I worked at Aurora Mental Health Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule and a chance to work with populations I care a great deal about. New CEO Kelly is really great

Cons

Overall it’s a rewarding experience to work here, but if you end up doing your job decently well (read as: actually try and manage to complete the most basic of your job tasks regularly) and expose problems in corporate or the local management team you end up as a target. They also preach things they don’t follow and spout lies and backstab to make sure they are always right. They do not care about their employees, only their other manager friends. It is a very clique-y workplace in the worst way possible, where people who should never be in leadership positions end up as the only ones in leadership positions. Because all of the talented staff leave. Because this place sucks. And so does the pay. Avoid at all costs for a couple years. Maybe the new CEO can create some kind of culture change for the future...? I'm glad I will not be around to find out.

Continue reading
  8. "Good pay at Aurora Mental Health"

4.0
    Current Employee - CAC II in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Aurora Mental Health Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team to work with good hours. Very flexible schedule

Cons

poor commutation between shifts.

9. "Company is changing for the better"

Current Employee - Therapist in Aurora, CO

Pros

Flexibility in some locations. Pay is slightly better in some sites than at other mental health centers. New CEO is trying hard to change the culture and perception from the inside out.

Cons

No training opportunities. Despite the slightly better pay there are no other incentives for being here. Budget is cited as the reason nothing gets done. Managers do not seem to get training although they have frequent meetings. Takes a lot of get fired (which may be a pro for some people). Don't have to actually do your job to keep it.

Continue reading

"Good people, poor to fair salary, community-anchored."

I have been working at Aurora Mental Health Center

Pros

Healthy organizational culture; the programs I have worked in have excellent, experienced, and caring individuals that are supportive of clients and coworkers. The changes in the organization are positive and will continue to improve. Excellent opportunities to improve one's knowledge and experience!

Cons

No business/money sense (New CEO has a business background and is experienced in running organizations so this is most likely temporary). Salaries are low for the area.

Found 32 reviews