Aussie Pet Mobile Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Assistant Dog groomer"

I worked at Aussie Pet Mobile full-time

Pros

Got to meet some great dogs

Cons

Never know when you were going to be home.

Advice to Management

n/a

2. "Be Cautious. Puts profit before safety and is confrontational if you disagree."

I have been working at Aussie Pet Mobile full-time

Pros

Client's are nice. Work with animals.

Cons

Owners are not groomers.
    Unreasonable expectations.
    Profit over safety.
    Owners confrontational and raise voice if you disagree with them.
    Promised schedule changed after gave notice to prior employer.
    Micro-management.
    Owners paranoid that employee's will steal from them or sue them which makes everything awkward.

Advice to Management

Management needs to listen to their groomer about what needs to be done on a pet, how long it takes and if the pet should be serviced at a vet. Profits should not be above safety of employee and animal. Owners need to learn how to work as a team and trust their employee's. Take a people management course.

3. "Best place to work for"

Current Employee - Pet Stylist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Pet Stylist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Aussie Pet Mobile full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love to work one on one with customers pets. Scenery changes instead of stuck in a building. Independence. Necessary tools for the job are provided and replaced when needed. My boss is get with communicating things to each employee.

Cons

Extreme cold or heat. If the van has an unexpected issue. Working in the rain is tough to get dogs dry because of the humidity.

4. "Bad Bad Bad"

Former Employee - Pet Stylist in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Pet Stylist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Aussie Pet Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clients are wonderful and tips are good

Cons

Vans always need repair management very unconcerned with employee and client wellbeing

Advice to Management

Find a new field

5. "Pat Attention"

I worked at Aussie Pet Mobile part-time

Pros

Provides all needed supplies for job, provides prompt care for vehicles, fairly easy to replace broken or empty supplies, you can set your own days for the most part

Cons

Office staff sometimes lose client payments and will dock you, Office staff can be verbally combative or unsympathetic to groom staff's needs

6. "love Aussie in Golden Colorado"

Current Employee - Pet Groomer in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Pet Groomer in Golden, CO

I have been working at Aussie Pet Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awsum boss makes sure are vans always runs proberly. Always tells her groomers thank you at the end of the! And always has our backs(the groomers). You couldn't ask for a better boss!!!!

Cons

Cant always get to stop for potty breaks but we make do sometimes you just have to make time

Advice to Management

My boss rockes and so do my co workers

"Proffesstional Pet Stylist"

Former Employee - Mobile Groomer in Smithville, TN
    Former Employee - Mobile Groomer in Smithville, TN

I worked at Aussie Pet Mobile (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with great animals and clients.

Cons

No longer in my location.

"Overworked and underpaid, lying boss"

Former Employee - Pet Groomer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Aussie Pet Mobile (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the clients are very sweet people.

Cons

The owner lied to me from the beginning at the interview, where she promised me health insurance for full time work and bonuses for extra sales. I never saw either despite working sixty hours a week for the better part of a year and breaking sales records. She also said many of the employees have been there for years, making it look as though it is a good place to work. The truth is that there are two people that have been there miserably for years, and otherwise people are quitting usually within one week to a few months. Be prepared to work ten to twelve hour days while being required to do a lot of cleaning and paperwork and driving for free, while receiving the lowest commission percentage I have ever heard of in the industry: 25%. Even with the ever inflating prices customers are charged, you are still making less per groom than you would at any other establishment. The only reason I was able to eat was due to client tips, which average out at about 30 dollars a day, and most will unfortunately be given by debit or credit card, which means the owner will be dipping into that. Expect all of your paychecks to be mysteriously $50-150 dollars short of what you are owed. It is shocking and insulting that the owner steals her employees wages in chunks and expects no one to notice on top of the thousands of dollars in profits per day these same employees are making her while handing over their lives with twelve hour shifts. On top of this, expect the owner to yell at you about not making her enough money . Expect to be reemed and harassed by not only the owner but the dispatchers if you cannot defy traffic and be exactly on time to every appointment. As much as you are assured that the owner and dispatchers will "go to bat" for you in case a client has a complaint about you (which is inevitable in grooming, where owners seldom know what or how to describe the cut they want), you will always be blamed regardless of whether you did anything wrong. If the client complains, expect a nasty group email, text, phone call, and in person dressing down per incident. Expect threats from the owner to punish you in illegal ways, such as docking your pay for equipment, mistakes made, or customers cancelling appointments (all illegal on a federal level). The working area is not ergonomic, and you will get back problems from stooping over the low tub for hours a day and lifting heavy dogs into the vans. Expect vans that frequently break down while you are expected to run errands for free for the owner, taking vans to and from mechanics. Expect to be so exhausted at the end of your long shift that you have no energy to get anything done in the two or three hours you have before you have to go to bed. Expect to be required to service (and thus enable) animal hoarding clients with literally dozens of neglected and sad little caged pets because the client pays a lot of money. Expect to hear comments from clients about how they have been using this company for a year but they have had eight different groomers because people keep quitting. Expect to be miserable and get further into poverty for all your efforts.

Advice to Management

I'd like to know how she sleeps at night frankly. Stop stealing your employee's wages, raise the insultingly low commission percentage, start paying an hourly wage for driving and the hour of cleaning and paperwork everyday, start following the law and giving overtime and health insurance for full time employees. Newflash: all of your employees are full time. Obama changed full time to being anything over thirty hours per week years ago, although you are no doubt aware of this. This is why you cannot keep employees around for more than a few months at a time, and ultimately your greed is what will cause this business to collapse, which is already happening .

"Awful Place to Work"

Former Employee - Pet Groomer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Aussie Pet Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have their own equipment, good customer relationships, easy to have repeat clients, tips

Cons

Faulty equipment, terrible vans with lots of repairs, no concern for human or animal safety, long hours (which are unpaid for), traffic, very low commission rate, virtually no incentives, no promotions, no upward mobility, virtually no benefits

Advice to Management

Be more professional and mature. Don't overwork the groomers and make them feel like they have to groom when it's 100 degrees in the back of that van. Learn better communication and hire a fleet manager to take care of the vans. That is not the groomers jobs to be mechanics!

10. "Great boss!!"

Current Employee - Dog Groomer in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Dog Groomer in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Aussie Pet Mobile part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Boss and everyone that I work with understands!! great place and great people!!! Cant say enough nice things, clients are great and really is nice and close

Cons

uhhhh cant come up with anything, if you want a boss thats going to walk all over you, look else where because the people here look out for each other and you!