Austal Employee Reviews about "perth"

Updated Aug 22, 2019

3.3
Austal Chief Executive Officer David Singleton (no image)
David Singleton
Pros
  • "Good pay, good benifits, steady work, lots of overtime if wanted(in 8 reviews)

• "Great benefits, fair pay, bonus available(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is very isolated from the work force(in 8 reviews)

• "Isolation, long hours and working conditions are sub standard(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "perth"

Return to all Reviews

"Training and Development"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

I worked at Austal full-time

Pros

This company has accomplished amazing things. Superior design and workmanship in a very competitive global market.

Cons

Based in Perth, Australia there are some cultural differences from down under that need to be considered. Not a big deal and easy to align the two perspectives.

"Would not recommend"

1.0
     in Mobile, AL

I worked at Austal

Pros

I really cant think of anything thats really great . The benefits arent really anything terrific. You accrue 1 week of vacation the first year, 2 weeks the second year, and 3 weeks the 4th year.

Cons

The pay is not comparable to the long hours and stress. You would think because this is an Australian company they would offer the same benefits as they offer their Australian counter part company in Perth, Austal Ships. Australians get from the day of hire 30 days paid vacation in addition to 2 weeks off at christmas Terrible management. I would not recommend this employer to anyone. They have earned a terrible reputation in the South East.

Continue reading

3. "Decent variety of work"

4.0
    Former Contractor - Electrician

I worked at Austal

Pros

Good team, variety of work

Cons

Isolated from the Perth site

"Unprofessional company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Perth, Western Australia

I worked at Austal full-time

Pros

Gives exposure to view ship building facilities that helps to understand the company and its associated work

Cons

I am former employee. I was hired as permanent full time employee and left a very good permament job to join them. My employment was terminated immediately one fine morning and management didnt feel responsible to provide any notice or justification to me. I was even told that they didnt have any complaints at all but they want me to go 'just like that', without any specific reason! I requested for justification but they didnt have any. I couldnt do anything as i was still on probabtion. Very unprofessional behaviour as no reason or notice was provided. As known from my colleagues..this is common in austal perth. This has happened to many employees on past. Very unprofessional and untrustworthy company. Company's work methods and policies are unclear too. Lack of proper documented HSE guidelines. No basic HR induction provided on joining too. In short..it works like a small proprietorship company. Someone who has worked with big global companies with clear cut policies, kpi's and standards or are expecting that kind of culture..you will be hugely disappointed.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.