Austin Fraser Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Peter Hart

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Ummm, Austin Fraser has a "soundboard" so when we have cons we just talk about it then and find a common ground, so I can't think of any" (in 7 reviews)

• "No cons found so far since starting" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Trail blazers that raise the industry bar"

Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has clear objectives, values and a mission that they stick to. It's very rare to find a place of work that no matter which office location you visit you will have the same positive experience.

Quality - All levels of the hierachy retain that 'quality' in service and work is always the highest.

Opportunity - The company is a great size, approximately 200-300 people. There are clear personal and business growth tangents that span for the next 10 years. Whatever level you're at in the business there is an exciting career opportunity with no apparent ceiling.

Support - Everyone in the organization is a cheerleader for eachother. The office dynamics are designed to be encouraging. This is mainly down to the office individuals and the culture that Austin Fraser's senior leaders have created.

Cons

Having been here a year I have yet to find any 'Cons' and don't expect there to be any in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep the aspirations and quality high!

2. "Amazing place to work for!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for company Austin Fraser for over 4 years now. Austin Fraser truly takes care of their employees. I started working here as a trainee and the company supported me with all the trainings necessary to become successful at this job.

Austin Fraser:

- Always open for new ideas
    - Fun & happy place to work for
    - Great working atmosphere
    - Very selective about people who works for Austin Fraser to protect the culture
    - Family feeling
    - Great compensation & benefits
    - Focused on delivering high quality service to clients & candidates

Cons

Nothing to report at the moment. I work closely with AF management to make sure that we keep the company as the best place to work for

Advice to Management

Keep being an amazing place to work for.

3. "Vertical Market Specialist"

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time

Pros

Great culture
    Real progression opportunities
    Team environment
    Always having lots of fun

Cons

No cons found so far since starting

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

4. "Exciting Times!"

Current Employee - Vertical Market Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vertical Market Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time

Pros

Young, but established, company with tremendous potential for growth. A truly specialized service that clients value and appreciate. Great commission structure, incentives and culture. Excellent time to be here!

Cons

I'll let you know if I find any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. "These people will become family!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When you look at Austin Fraser from the outside you see a specialized tech recruiting company with knowledgeable, successful employees. What we really are is a family. Every company talks about the "culture" Austin Fraser's culture is based on actually caring about each other, this is demonstrated to us by our CoOwners and VPs. We share our knowledge and give each other advice. We only hire the best, each person has something special to give and they teach us all how to be better. There are so many characters, personalities and drives in Austin Fraser, but no matter what office you are in, one thing will always ring true- AF cares about you! Also, competitive salary, bonus, PTO, commission- ALL GOOD

Cons

Ummm, Austin Fraser has a "soundboard" so when we have cons we just talk about it then and find a common ground, so I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep acknowledging hard work.

6. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Fraser full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bar none some of the top training you will receive as a professional. The culture and atmosphere is truly like building a family. Everyone wants to see you succeed.

Cons

Not really a con. This role is not for the faint of heart, be ready to work and the benefits are so rewarding.

Advice to Management

We can all use the advice to communicate better

"Culture is King!"

Current Employee - Talent Partner in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Partner in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome co-workers, excellent tools for the job, insane incentive trips, leadership that cares, and a Christmas party in the United Kingdom to boot!

Cons

Everyone is SO cheerful every day. Yuck.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and make sure that this type of culture is maintained in every new office!

8. "A Breath of Fresh Air"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many-

If you've ever heard horror stories about staffing firms, cut throat competition and disingenuous business practices - take those stories and throw them out. Austin Fraser is run the right way - the leadership is honest to a fault and will communicate every applicable personnel change (hired or fired) and consistently and clearly communicate expectations for the team and each individual. And we treat our business with respect and integrity.

There is no shortage of fun had in the office and the people you work with actually want you to succeed - and join with you in celebrating your victories. I had zero recruitment experience when I joined AF and the shift to this role has been an amazing blessing.

When you commit to owning your market you are paid extremely well.

Straight up- you'll love the people, love the company and have a blast doing the job if you go all in.

As far as work / life balance - you're a respected member of the team. If you've got something to take care of, or an appointment to go to it all fine.

This is one of the best places to work in Austin.

Cons

The health / dental benefits are a bit light and the required office hours don't allow for much flexibility.

Advice to Management

Overall-Stay the course. You're the best leadership team I've worked with.
    Think about lightening up on required office hours in the U.S. At times the strict schedule communicates a lack of trust that the team you hired to do a job will do it. Pilot a program for Senior consultants and above and if the results aren't there then pivot.

I love this company. Thank you for this opportunity.

9. "Endless Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a fast paced work environment... The organization is constantly growing and people are being promoted left and right. We constantly are hiring new consultants for the business and on boarding new clients daily.

Austin Fraser's reputation is completely different from any of the other recruitment agencies in town. They are not only impacting the organizations they represent... they impact the community with their initiatives and involvement.

Everyone has an equal opportunity for development, promotion and growth. At the pace the organization is growing, it's apparent that YOU could be next in line!

Cons

This is a difficult job... Certainly not for everyone. It takes a little while to get up to speed but if you invest the time and attention, you can make well over $100k in a year or two.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Continue to foster the culture and reputation that we have established. Maintain the quality of our staff. This is our differentiator.

10. "I couldn't ask for a better place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time

Pros

Amazing Culture
    Great career opportunities
    Exceptional Training
    The best incentives
    Incredible downtown office
    Life changing financial potential
    Exciting future for AF

Cons

None. Seriously! Maybe a better coffee machine :/