Austin Regional Clinic Reviews | Glassdoor

Austin Regional Clinic Reviews

Updated Nov 6, 2019

4.0
Austin Regional Clinic CEO  Norman Chenven, M.D. (no image)
Norman Chenven, M.D.
Pros
  • "Great benefits, staff, management and realistic work expectations(in 6 reviews)

• "This is a great company to work for(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very low pay, very expensive health insurance, no health insurance premiums price lowering program, not much room for advancement(in 5 reviews)

• "Health insurance is costly and not great(in 3 reviews)

1. "MA"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic part-time for more than a year

Pros

This place is amazing! The pay is ok but that staff treat you with the best care Everyone works as a team! I was so surprised coming here from the hospital. I honestly love coming to work every day! Hospitals are so cut throat but this place is NOT! My manager is amazing. I cannot begin to explain how lucky I am to work here. Honestly. Wow.

Cons

Pay could always be better. That's anywhere you go though. The thing is they understand. I am seriously impressed by these guys. I've been her for 2 yrs now. No complaints.

Advice to Management

Our managers are great! I feel they really care about your concerns.

Austin Regional Clinic2019-11-07
  2. "Nice team but benefits could be improved."

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small EMR team is very friendly and fun.

Cons

Pay is lower than should be for Austin. Health insurance is costly and not great.

Advice to Management

Better and cheaper insurance would be nice.

Austin Regional Clinic2019-09-09
  3. "Terrible management and no accountability"

Former Employee - Patient Services Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than a year

Pros

It paid some bills, good health insurance (but expensive)

Cons

They demand way too much for what they pay you. I worked on phones scheduling appointments, and they refused to hire more help. I did the job of 4 positions, my own included. Management did not care that I was on back to back calls from the moment I got there in the morning to the time I left. You get the most irate and over privileged patients, and the nurses squeeze them into schedules and make exceptions non stop..., so the patients learn to treat you terribly until they get what they want, since it's so commonly done. Management didn't care if you were cussed out, yelled at, or even on a phone call for 30 minutes listening to someone's life story... you weren't ever allowed to hang up the phone. Calls were always monitored and they would discipline you if you ever had a call drop or irate customers that wanted to speak to supervisors. Pay was $13 an hour with no raises until you hit your 3 year mark.

Advice to Management

Take a pay cut and hire more help. My mental and physical health should not be at risk because you don't want to take the time for interviews.

Austin Regional Clinic2019-09-25
  4. "Decent"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management can be good depending on which location you work at. Work environment can be fun if you get along with your coworkers

Cons

Insurance is expensive and they do not pay well to be here in Austin. Im going to say it again.. unless you have years of medical experience... pay is TERRIBLE!! Management does not care how patients talk to you, they always give patients what they want even if its against our values.

Advice to Management

Back up your team against unruly patients, they are not always right. Have they're back and actually tell patients to respect the front desk people. we get treated the absolute worst. Actually take responsibility and help out.

Austin Regional Clinic2019-08-31
  5. "Great Organization"

Former Employee - Clinic Manager

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ARC has managed to grow from small business into a corporate enterprise with grace. Executive leadership maintains high integrity with an honest concern about the wellness and engagement of their employees.

Cons

Front line healthcare is a tough field. Don’t go into if you do not plan on mastering your self control and compassion. You have to want to deal with a public that is often not at their best and trying to work their way through a complex system. Thick skin and a true desire to serve is required.

Advice to Management

Continue to balance your pursuit of business/clinical excellence and care of your team. A tough thing to do, but worth the effort and energy.

Austin Regional Clinic2019-08-09
  6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than a year

Pros

ARC is a really good company to work for, decent pay and good benefits.

Cons

A lot of work load

Advice to Management

Hire more experienced Lab Assistants

Austin Regional Clinic2019-08-06
  7. "Not what it used to be"

Current Employee - Nurse Navigator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome coworkers. Hours M-F 8-5 and only 1 holiday shift.

Cons

Poor pay compared to similar jobs in the area. Poor tuition reimbursement. Company doesn't provide opportunities for CEUs like most others. Benefits just ok. Major changes to the program since 2019 began. Became more of an insurance company than patient care. Management has no idea what they are doing or how to manage an insurance company. We've lost almost half our team.

Advice to Management

Bring in a consultant or someone with insurance company management experience who knows how this is supposed to work.

Austin Regional Clinic2019-08-09
  8. "Good and bad."

Current Employee - Senior PSC

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Room to grow, locations all around austin so chances of one being near your home is a bonus.

Cons

Management is terrible. No one is on the same page.

Advice to Management

Get together and Discuss things so you are all on the same page, Being praised for your work by a clinic manager and then your direct supervisor tells you that you are doing a terrible job.

Austin Regional Clinic2019-07-23
  9. "Honest Empowering Company"

Former Employee - Web Production Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than a year

Pros

ARC offers employees the power to develop and grow themselves within the company. It's not uncommon to run into employees that have been with the organization for 5 to 10 years and have been promoted several times.

Cons

Can feel a little siloed at times but MGMT is actively taking steps to alleviate.

Advice to Management

Keep giving your employees and patients the tools to empower their lives.

Austin Regional Clinic2019-05-01
  10. "No room to grow"

Former Employee - EMR Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management was flexible with scheduling, 16 PTO days + opportunity to earn an extra PTO day each quarter.

Cons

There is little opportunity to grow, no opportunity to get Epic certified (unless you are hired on or promoted as an analyst), and lack of respect from the other departments and clinics for the EMR team. The environment can get depressing, as the lights are always turned off in an office with no windows. ** They do not scale your pay with the rising living rates in Austin**

Austin Regional Clinic2019-05-14