KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

65% Recommend to a Friend
79% Approve of CEO

Found 375 of over 379 reviews

3.8
Autism Spectrum Therapies President Justin Funches (no image)
Justin Funches

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "low pay for very hard work(in 23 reviews)
  • "Long hours needed to make a decent paycheck(in 13 reviews)
  • "Cant remember the last time I got a raise(in 4 reviews)
  • "Working in home environments that are unclean, schedule inconsistency, unsteady work schedule, hard financial stability, promises never kept from management, favortism among coworkers, unrealistic expectations, no benefits or support, communication is horrible.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Personal time off and sick time are accrued as one.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Autism Spectrum Therapies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for!

Aug 4, 2022 - Behavior Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers Great management, Use of good, effective, positive and constructive feedback A lot of fun

Cons

Clients can cancel at a moment's nituxe, which isn't the company's fault, but can affect your hours, nonetheless.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Behavioral therapist 2

Jul 27, 2022 - Behavioral Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and pay raises, very friendly and professional

Cons

Scheduling issues and tasks given after working hours

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company with awesome leaders

Jul 28, 2022 - Board Certified Behavior Analyst Bcba in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clinical director and upper management are always there to support BCBAs and give adequate supervision A real team atmosphere where everyone really supports one another In-house clinical development team that includes high risk reviews, case reviews, and a feeding team that BCBAs can consult for support to make the best clinical decisions for difficult cases A shift to assent based practices and a serious approach to training and teaching BCBAs about assent and how to implement Reasonable caseloads with 20-25 hours billable goal per week

Cons

The usual stressors of the job (working in schools and families) Billable hours can become an anxiety, but CD works with BCBA on how to get these met The insurance recently changed which includes huge pay costs

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was okay not great

Aug 1, 2022 - Behavioral Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

you have some great experiences with you families

Cons

be prepared to deal with old tech, and driving everywhere.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great, Supportive Work Environment

Jul 11, 2022 - Advanced Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

I often hear that ABA companies have high turnover rates, with friends having worked for a variety of other local companies eventually leaving due lack of support, low pay, unusual practices, etc. I've been at AST for 5 years now, beginning as a new hire into the field. The company now provides me time, care, and support as I make my way towards becoming an Analyst.

Cons

I do not have much negative to say about the company from my personal experience. Of course, every person's experience is going to be different. I've had the luck of being assigned to great teams, working with a number of highly skilled forward-thinking analysts, and always have been able to find the support I've needed for difficult cases. The only con I can really think of is the large number of policy changes that have occurred over the last couple years (i.e. 2020-2022), although that can hardly be the sole fault of the company, due to current circumstances.

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Communications Advisor

Thank you for your 5 years of service! We appreciate the great review and thoughtful feedback. Culture and connection with our colleagues are so important. We continue to look for new and creative ways to have our great people experience connection, learning, and fun with each other. Thanks again!

6. 5.0

good starting positions

Jul 7, 2022 - Behavior Technician 2 in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros are they allow a flexible schedule for students or for people who may want a second job

Cons

One of the cons is the limited amount of hours you can work a day

Senior Communications Advisor

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with your flexible schedule and starting with AST. Please continue to share with your supervisor what your ideal schedule/hours would be (along with your career goals) so that they can support you. We appreciate all you do for the families you serve!

7. 5.0

Amazing company

Jun 30, 2022 - Behavior Technician in Monrovia, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is friendly Support you while you’re trying to move up Opportunities for growth Flexible with scheduling

Cons

No benefits until after 6 months of working full time

Senior Communications Advisor

Thank you for the great feedback! We are delighted you enjoy your colleagues, feel supported to grow, and have the flexibility you desire. Thank you also for the feedback on the benefits. We are always assessing how we can best serve our staff.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Just use it as a steping stone because you may not be there long

Jul 5, 2022 - Behavior Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is pretty good

Cons

Some BCBAs can be shiesty.

Senior Communications Advisor

We are glad you appreciated the pay and saw your time as a valuable stepping stone. We encourage all our staff to bring concerns and goals to their supervisor so they can be supported in their growth and satisfaction. Most of our leadership came up through our ranks (starting as BTs) and we are passionate about creating pathways to growth. I'm sorry that was not your experience. We wish all the best in your new work!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Kids are great, managers are not

Jun 16, 2022 - Behavior Technician in Lancaster, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As you would imagine, working with the kids can be very rewarding and seeing them make progress on goals they've had for months or even years makes all the bad days worth it

Cons

I'm someone who likes to clock out for the day and stop thinking about work but that rarely happens with this job because it feels like you're always doing work outside of sessions to catch up on the notes you couldn't write during session because your client is acting up. On top of that you will have two managers, a managing technician and a BCBA, both of whom write the program you're implementing. The MT only comes once a week and the BCBA only comes once a month. This would be fine if they wouldn't go around talking about your client as if you don't spend everyday with them. The managers offer advice you've already tried before and if you ask questions, they make you feel like you don't know how to do your job.

Senior Communications Advisor

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback. Our clients certainly make this job incredibly meaningful. While we are committed to the best possible service for our kids, we also want the best growth experience for our staff. I'm sorry you have not always felt heard. Our BCBAs and MTs are amazing but perhaps they could benefit from your feedback directly. I encourage you to discuss your feelings and concerns with them so that you all can have the best collaborative experience with each other and for your clients.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hard but Rewarding

Jun 8, 2022 - Behavioral Technician in Covington, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fair Salary, Positive atmosphere, good direction from managers

Cons

short breaks, can be stressful work

Senior Communications Advisor

We appreciate your feedback about the supportive atmosphere, supervision, and salary. Wishing you all the best in your next endeavors!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 375 Reviews
</>Embed

Autism Spectrum Therapies Reviews FAQs

Autism Spectrum Therapies has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 379 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Autism Spectrum Therapies to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Autism Spectrum Therapies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Autism Spectrum Therapies. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

65% of Autism Spectrum Therapies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Autism Spectrum Therapies 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Autism Spectrum Therapies to be coworkers, management, career development and the cons to be culture, benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with Autism Spectrum Therapies Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Autism Spectrum Therapies? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

1145 days ago

AST is committed to offering growth opportunities for our great team. As part of the LEARN Provider Network, AST is proud to offer special scholarships, discounted programs, and free educational events in partnership with @capellau - Learn more at http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMFgp
Shared image

1257 days ago

We are so proud of the many, amazing women clinicians on our team. We had a great representation at this year's Women in Behavior Analysis Conference in Nashville!
Shared image

Autism Spectrum Therapies Photos

+ Add Photo
Autism Spectrum Therapies photo of: Our awesome Arizona team!
Autism Spectrum Therapies photo of: These awesome BCBAs are being celebrated for Thinking Outside the Box for our kids!
Autism Spectrum Therapies photo of: We are celebrating our staff for Autism Awareness Month! Here are just a few o our extraordinary Interventionists being recognized for going Above and Beyond for our kids!
Autism Spectrum Therapies photo of: Here are some of the amazing women of AST at the Women in Behavior Analysis Conference in Nashville!
Autism Spectrum Therapies photo of: Annual Leadership Summit!
Autism Spectrum Therapies photo of: Cheers to our awesome Arizona team!
Autism Spectrum Therapies photo of: Our latest training graduates in Arizona!

Glassdoor has 379 Autism Spectrum Therapies reviews submitted anonymously by Autism Spectrum Therapies employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Autism Spectrum Therapies is right for you.