Autism Spectrum Therapies Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2020

3.5
Autism Spectrum Therapies President Justin Funches (no image)
Justin Funches
Pros
Cons
  • "Cancellations can be frequent due to family scheduling conflicts(in 20 reviews)

• "I have worked for several ABA agencies and I burned out fastest here(in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Educational Environment"

5.0
    Current Employee - Behavior Technician

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies part-time

Pros

AST is all about growth within the company, they offer several different educational opportunity with different colleges that offer your next certification schooling at a discounted price

Cons

Must have a vehicle whether a clinic or field BY

February 6, 2020Vice President, Clinical Services

Thank you for letting us know that you appreciate the growth opportunities at our organization! Sabrina

2. "Great place to learn"

5.0

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies full-time

Pros

- Good training - Supportive/approachable supervisors - Pay for certifications - Opportunities to get to know coworkers - Variety of settings to work - The kids are amazing

Cons

- Can be a lot of driving - Cancellations effect pay

3. "Rewarding But Not Worth The Pay"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies part-time for less than a year

Pros

* Rewarding when being able to see the change you've made in the child with autism lives. * Building a relationship not only with your client, but with their family as well. * Your patient grows.

Cons

* You're alone, no support from the company, supervisors, and no coworkers. * You don't get paid well at all for the amount of work you do. * The job is mentally and physically exhausting.

4. COVID-19

"They handled COVID horribly!"

Current Employee - Managing Technician in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies part-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing kids, and great mentors (if you're lucky)

Cons

Inconsistent scheduling, Full time (but you're actually part-time), lots of driving, lower pay than many other smaller ABA companies

5. COVID-19

"The way they have handled COVID-19"

Current Employee - Behavior Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cute kids and nice families

Cons

Lets begin with how they have handled COVID-19. Back in March, they reduced everyone's pay by 20-40% for what was said to be 8 weeks, until May 25th. Fast forward to May 25th, they say "oh it is going to go on through the summer now". UMM, what? No end date (not that you can trust the end date now), just "through summer". They are definitely not giving an actual end date. I mean, not only are we working face to face with clients, NO hazard pay, but to add insult to injury they cut our pay and won't even keep their word on when we get it back. They are dangling our livelihoods like a carrot. All of our benefits have been suspended (minus health insurance). Our 401k match from LAST YEAR, was not even given to us. That should have been saved throughout the year and non negotiable. cheap. On top of that, they are expecting us to bill our full hours, for not full wages. I just truly do not know what world they are living in where this is ok. People kinda need to know when they are going to have their wages. The lack of care is something else. I know many many others who work at much smaller ABA companies who have not had any pay cut, yet one of the biggest can't even support their staff. It is clearly just to make up lost profits, not that they cannot pay. Frustrating and tacky is an understatement. Seriously, find a company with less stress, smaller caseloads, and who cares about their staff.

Continue reading

"Terrible all around experience."

Former Employee - Behavior Technician in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Autism Spectrum Therapies part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to connect with some really awesome kids and make a difference in their lives.

Cons

I stayed at this job for less than 4 months because I felt to undervalued. I tried to have open communication with my supervisors from the beginning about my availability (I had another job as well) and my concerns with my schedule and drive time. I talked with her several times yet when my schedule came out it was still the exact opposite of what I had asked for with my other job. I was driving so far and being worked so hard between jobs I quit this one because I was making less money here than I was serving in a restaurant. I continually emailed my supervisor to try to work out a solution but I did not get a single reply until I told them I was quitting. Then they were willing to discuss solutions, but, it was too little too late. I was heartbroken to leave because I had bonded with my families but after realizing how the BTs are treated here and multiple failed attempts to simply speak to my supervisor I knew I had to. I do not like leaving anywhere on bad terms so I even tried to reach out to my supervisor after I left to simply say thank you for the opportunity and ask some advice but, you guessed it. No reply. If you are a person who values communication with your higher ups or has a lot of questions about instructions/ the job, the company isn’t for you.

Continue reading
  7. "Rewarding but draining"

Former Employee - Behavior Technician in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autism Spectrum Therapies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training and supportive supervisors. I had a very challenging situation with one family and I totally felt like my supervisor had my back throughout the entire time.

Cons

Burnout happens really quickly. I have worked for several ABA agencies and I burned out fastest here. I only had 3 clients for the year I was there. The lack of variety in my schedule pushed me to leave earlier than I expected. Also, client cancellations effects your pay. This is common in this field, but it can still be hard.

"IE Sups Are AWFUL"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Murrieta, CA

I worked at Autism Spectrum Therapies part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pick great families to work for/with

Cons

Talk about your supervisors in the IE. These people are SO VICIOUS. They are rude, gossiping people. UNPROFESSIONAL. This company loves to comment on their reviews but they stay ignoring anything talking about their sups.

"Love my job"

4.0
    Current Employee - Behavior Analyst

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies full-time

Pros

I love the team that I work with and the director that oversees the region I work work is amazing. New hire training for therapists is good

Cons

Huge turnover rate with the therapists, making it hard for my position because I feel like I’m constantly training someone new. Also lots of transition changes because of staff change Pay could be better

March 19, 2020Vice President, Clinical Services

I am so happy that you enjoy your team, your director and the training we provide. As you know, turnover in general is a challenge in this field, and we are always striving to provide the most rewarding experiences for our staff. Thank you for your feedback

10. COVID-19

"Don’t work here if you want support from an employer."

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary Great supervisors Good co workers

Cons

Do not prioritize employees at all of it interfered with what the clinic needs. They severed all pay and benefits during the shut down for COVID-19. Basically told us to go screw ourselves until this blows over. Makes you feel very disposable and a horrible Showing of the true colors of This company.

March 19, 2020Vice President, Clinical Services

We as an organization are taking the COVID-19 outbreak very seriously and our top priorities are the health and safety of our staff and families. Our centers are still open and we are offering home based services, while implementing the strictest safety precautions. We have hours available if you would like to work, or you have the option of going on leave if you do not want to work in the interest of your health. Your benefits are frozen as is, so you will not lose your benefits. We want to get through this difficult time as best as possible with the least amount of impact to our staff. As always, please reach out to your Clinical Director for questions specific to your situation. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to our clients.

Found 202 reviews