Autism Spectrum Therapies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Justin Funches

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Rewarding because making a difference in a child's life (in 8 reviews)

• I have worked for several agencies in the field of ABA over the last 13 years and I can honestly say that AST is the best (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Doesn't feel like there's much of a work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Full time consists of 8 hours of scheduled direct intervention AND mileage and drive time (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Assistant Clinical Director
    Current Employee - Assistant Clinical Director

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked at AST for almost 10 years. AST has given me many opportunities for growth within the company. They strive to promote from within and develop current staff. The staff are wonderful to work with, I look forward to going in to work to be able to collaborate with motivated individuals. The services we provide families are unparalleled. Each program is individualized to the client and you can see the meaningful impact in the individual and family. As an organization there is a consistent evaluation of current practices, and improvements are made as needed. In the last few years I have observed a push to constantly improve the opportunities provided to staff and services provided to client, Including the introduction of a 3 tier model.

Cons

I don't really see any cons about AST, however, as they say the only constant is change, and people who have a difficult time being flexible and adapting to changes may see this as a con. I think it is important to note however that flexibility is extremely important in the field of ABA and it's impressive to see an organization that is applying ABA not only to their clients but to themselves.

2. "Human Resources Coordinator"

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its a great place to work. The staff is very nice and helpful.

Cons

Doesn't really have any disadvantages for the employers

3. "Lead Interventionist"

Current Employee - Lead Interventionit in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Interventionit in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible with work schedule. Look after work and life balance. Pay Well. Supervisors provide support and make themselves available. Work around your plans for vacations or days off. Plan to max out your hours. Training so you can grow within the company. Great bonus for recommending people to work.

Cons

Clients may not live close to each other so sometimes have to drive a far distance. Supervisors do their best to keep close distance between clients.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

4. "."

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies (More than a year)

Pros

I love being a part of the AST family. AST has really helped me grow professionally and encourages me to continue to grow by pushing me to do my best and supporting me in all areas

Cons

I haven’t find any downsides so far

Advice to Management

None

5. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, support from other staff, career opportunities, opportunities for research and to further education, positive working environment.

Cons

No concerns at this time.

6. "Administrative"

Current Employee - Administrative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AST is a great company to work for with multiple locations in multiple states that is experiencing tremendous growth. Executives with the company are very involved in the day to day operations and AST has the absolute best clinical staff serving the Autism community.

Cons

Focus is mostly on clinical services which can sometimes lead support/administrative staff to feel left out of events and communications that affect the entire company.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the accomplishments and contributions of your non-clinical staff every once in a while.

7. "Behavior Interventionist"

Current Employee - Behavior Interventionist in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Behavior Interventionist in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The families! We work with amazing families that make every day enjoyable.
    The supervisors provide great support and encouragement.

Cons

As a full time employee at AST, it's almost impossible to get the hours you need. AST consistently hires new BI's that get our hours, and we are left with only 15-25 hours a week, which is barely nothing to get by. AST is only great if you are looking for a part time job.

Advice to Management

Please care about the current employees and not the big numbers/ profits.

Nov 2, 2017 – COO

Thanks for the kudos for our Clinical Supervisors - I agree we have some of the best in the field!

I definitely understand your frustration with your hours. Given our families schedules, it can... More

"Behavioral Therapist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Autism Spectrum Therapies part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training was very intense and made you ready to work with children. Especially for someone completely new to the field and not having any ABA background experience

Cons

management, hours, mileage reimbursement, high turn over rate

Advice to Management

I always found out I was off a case or on a new case from someone else before the supervisor or other management told me. Hours are inconsistent and not realistic for someone who is no longer a student.

Sep 7, 2017 – COO

It's definitely our goal that our scheduling team and management have open lines of communication to our team members, and communicate scheduling changes promptly. In general, I think our team does a... More

"Behavioral interventionist"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Friendly staff

Cons

Hours vary periodically without notice
    Lack of workers consideration
    Employees are treated as they are disposable

Advice to Management

Management needs improvement
    Employeees need to be valued

Aug 22, 2017 – COO

First, thank you for your more than 3 years of service to AST's families! As an organization, we are lucky to have staff members so dedicated to our mission.

I am very disappointed that you don't... More

"Good step in the door"

I have been working at Autism Spectrum Therapies part-time

Pros

provide training to new interventionists and staff is friendly and awesome

Cons

Wish the pay was higher

Aug 7, 2017 – COO

Thanks for the review! I really like the title of your review; "good step in the door". At AST, one of our missions is to introduce curious, passionate, caring individuals who enjoy helping... More