Autism Spectrum Therapies Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

3.7
Autism Spectrum Therapies President Justin Funches (no image)
Justin Funches
Pros
  • "Love the knowledgeable and helpful BCBA supervisors, good pay(in 15 reviews)

• "Great training and supportive supervisors(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Cancellations can be frequent due to family scheduling conflicts(in 26 reviews)

• "I have worked for several ABA agencies and I burned out fastest here(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great company

Jan 11, 2021 - Advanced Behavior Technician in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Works well with your schedule Cares about your well being Good pay

Cons

If your sessions get canceled in advance you don't get paid Right now with the pandemic, keeping hours can be hard

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great experience for ABA and friendly work environment

May 9, 2021 - Advanced Behavior Technician in Monrovia, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Going from a previous company to this one was night and day. The level of support and care that I received here was phenomenal! I had a supervisor here who really got me into ABA and became a great mentor. The people I met here I still talk to today! The only reason I left this company was due to COVID job related difficulties-- this is a well-established company with a lot of great resources!

Cons

As a therapist, cancellations can be frustrating.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

DO NOT work here

May 5, 2021 - Behavioral Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Getting hands-on experience with clients

Cons

The hours are abysmal They guarantee you full-time work, yet it takes almost 3-4 months to be assigned a case. On the other side, I have heard clients waiting for months to be matched with a technician who is readily available...not sure what goes on there The supervisors I had the unfortunate luck of working with were extremely condescending and rude at any available opportunity My biggest complaint? I was sexually harassed by a client's family member, and when I reported it to my supervisor, she blamed it on me for the way I was dressed. To clarify, I was dressed in slacks and a button down shirt... I was then given a really hard time when I asked to be removed from the case, and was made to feel that I was causing a huge and unnecessary inconvenience HIGHLY recommend seeking out similar work with another company instead of wasting your time with AST

4. 3.0

Great Culture and very Supportive Management

May 11, 2021 - Client Intake Associate in Santa Ana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teams are very supportive. You are treated like a team member. Team member concerns are dignified with honest look at solutions. Office Drama is absolutely not allowed. We are encouraged to support one another. Company encourages team members that wish to take on more responsibility and supports that process. Management is very kind, responsible and flexible. Excellent IT support. All the tools one needs to be successful are supplied. Couldn't ask for a better employer.

Cons

The pay could be better.

5. 2.0

Be okay with bureaucracy

Jan 27, 2021 - Training Technician in Orange, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Hours are consistent -Work materials needed for role are provided -Available to get COVID vaccine -Twice a year performance raises (except they only hedge inflation) -The families make it all worth it in the end. -Easy to communicate with supervisors. -Can cover other cases and clients in order to increase hours. -Drive time and mileage paid. -Health insurance offered for employees. -401k match. -Have the ability to move up to full time as a technician.

Cons

-BURN. OUT. IS. REAL. (Management/Supervisors don't care about feeling overwhelmed because they need *billable hours* - billable hours get supervisors bonuses but not technicians at all) -Does not promote an environment that allows staff to be themselves at work. This is done by supervisors openly talking down about their staff in the office with other supervisors where anyone can hear, including a technician working in a cubicle. This is also done by favoritism and seniority affecting the feedback being given to staff members. One staff can use curse words at work that has been there for 10 years but another staff member who has been there for 2 years can't use words such as "awesome." -Concerns from lower level staff members related to the culture at the company and the feeling of inclusiveness is pushed aside in order to keep the system at the company the same with improvement for staff well being at every level.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Autism Spectrum Therapies Response

Vice President, Clinical Services

I agree, burn out is a real challenge in this field. Have you spoken with your Clinical Director about your concerns with the environment in your region? We do take our culture very seriously and I'm sure they would like to work with you on this. Our new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee is also addressing some concerns like these. I'm glad to hear that you find our supervisors easy to talk to and I agree that the families make it all worth it!

6. 5.0

Ast review

May 3, 2021 - Behavior Technician in San Bernardino, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for career growth, and caring supervisors

Cons

None, I have enjoyed my time her

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Loved it but it was time to go

Apr 15, 2021 - Supervisor in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great supervisors, felt like a team, descent workload

Cons

A lot of driving outside my region, no reimbursement for extended drives for first client of the day, turn over with staff was difficult

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Current Employee

Apply if you see yourself working with children for the long run

May 6, 2021 - Behavior Technician in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-definitely great for entry level. -great BCBA’s -learn leadership Skills -Playing with the clients

Cons

-inconsistent hours. -. Mileage will definitely increase significantly and not compensated enough for drive time. -optional to work on the holidays. -19 as a starter isn’t really a lot.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

No complaints.

Apr 14, 2021 - Behavioral Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

The children are amazing, & if you love what you do. You stick each day out for them.

Cons

EXCEPTIONALLY LOW PAY. Hours are not sustainable. Your perception of the company changes when you start working 8-10 hours a week w/ a 30 minute unpaid commute.. “we don’t pay you to drive to work they say”.

Continue reading
    10. 3.0

good for entry level

May 10, 2021 - Behavior Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

building rapport with clients is nice

Cons

low pay, expected to do additional duties out of pay range.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 277 Reviews