Cover image for Autism Spectrum Therapies

71% Recommend to a Friend
82% Approve of CEO

Found 390 of over 394 reviews

3.9
Autism Spectrum Therapies President Justin Funches (no image)
Justin Funches

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

80.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Autism Spectrum Therapies~261126
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "low pay for very hard work(in 25 reviews)
  • "Long hours needed to make a decent paycheck(in 14 reviews)
  • "Cant remember the last time I got a raise(in 5 reviews)
  • "Working in home environments that are unclean, schedule inconsistency, unsteady work schedule, hard financial stability, promises never kept from management, favortism among coworkers, unrealistic expectations, no benefits or support, communication is horrible.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Personal time off and sick time are accrued as one.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Autism Spectrum Therapies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Company with a positive culture and caring, supportive leaders

Nov 29, 2022 - Clinical Supervisor in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Access to endless resources and professional development opportunities.

Cons

Initial training that is provided virtually does not seem to adequately prepare staff once in the field.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stress, pressure, and abuse from management

Nov 29, 2022 - Behavior Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent wages, willingness to sponsor some employees for visas (not applicable to me), benefits were reasonable compared to industry.

Cons

Poor and low employees morale. High turnover rate, people were leaving at all levels, and they didn't seem to care about matching offers. Inferior quality of service due to stress, pressure, and abuse from management. You will be sold a dream and will encounter a reality of dead-end opportunities.

3. Join the Autism Spectrum Therapies team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

The kids are great

Aug 26, 2022 - Behavior Technician in Harahan, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The kids are obviously the biggest part of the job and the best part of the job. Seeing them finally master a skill is the rewarding part as well as the bonds you form with each of them. The coworkers are like a dysfunctional family sometimes but that is to be expected when you have many personalities in one place. Overall though, they have your back and most importantly they have the kids backs. For the most part, everyone is willing to help you! Management could use some ( a lot) of work but they are also willing to hear to hear your concerns and help in anyway they can. Bottom line: This is a hard job. Show up and do your job. If it’s too hard—quit. Don’t ruin it for the kids and the people who actually want to be there.

Cons

The pay is inconsistent High turnover rate No lunch breaks (you eat when the kids eat)

Senior Communications Advisor

Thank you for highlighting your experience of how rewarding this job is and that you felt supported and listened to by supervisors and leadership. We agree with you that gossip is toxic and has no place in a healthy, collaborative culture like ours. We encourage all staff to bring their concerns to their supervisors so they can be addressed. Thank you for your time and service with us.

5. 5.0

Great, Supportive Work Environment

Jul 11, 2022 - Advanced Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

I often hear that ABA companies have high turnover rates, with friends having worked for a variety of other local companies eventually leaving due lack of support, low pay, unusual practices, etc. I've been at AST for 5 years now, beginning as a new hire into the field. The company now provides me time, care, and support as I make my way towards becoming an Analyst.

Cons

I do not have much negative to say about the company from my personal experience. Of course, every person's experience is going to be different. I've had the luck of being assigned to great teams, working with a number of highly skilled forward-thinking analysts, and always have been able to find the support I've needed for difficult cases. The only con I can really think of is the large number of policy changes that have occurred over the last couple years (i.e. 2020-2022), although that can hardly be the sole fault of the company, due to current circumstances.

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Communications Advisor

Thank you for your 5 years of service! We appreciate the great review and thoughtful feedback. Culture and connection with our colleagues are so important. We continue to look for new and creative ways to have our great people experience connection, learning, and fun with each other. Thanks again!

6. 4.0

b

Nov 10, 2022 - Advances Behavior Technician in San Gabriel, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

rewarding, flexible, fair pay, good clients

Cons

sometimes you get paired up with a client that's bigger and stronger than you that has high rates of aggression

7. 3.0

ok

Nov 29, 2022 - Advanced Behavior Technician in Long Beach, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible schedule opportunities school settings, home setting

Cons

not enough work hours to consistently work

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Kids are great, managers are not

Jun 16, 2022 - Behavior Technician in Lancaster, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As you would imagine, working with the kids can be very rewarding and seeing them make progress on goals they've had for months or even years makes all the bad days worth it

Cons

I'm someone who likes to clock out for the day and stop thinking about work but that rarely happens with this job because it feels like you're always doing work outside of sessions to catch up on the notes you couldn't write during session because your client is acting up. On top of that you will have two managers, a managing technician and a BCBA, both of whom write the program you're implementing. The MT only comes once a week and the BCBA only comes once a month. This would be fine if they wouldn't go around talking about your client as if you don't spend everyday with them. The managers offer advice you've already tried before and if you ask questions, they make you feel like you don't know how to do your job.

Senior Communications Advisor

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback. Our clients certainly make this job incredibly meaningful. While we are committed to the best possible service for our kids, we also want the best growth experience for our staff. I'm sorry you have not always felt heard. Our BCBAs and MTs are amazing but perhaps they could benefit from your feedback directly. I encourage you to discuss your feelings and concerns with them so that you all can have the best collaborative experience with each other and for your clients.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Quality is not the priority

Nov 10, 2022 - BCBA Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to many different funding sources, ages of clients, types of reports and assessment tools. Also good PTO accrual.

Cons

There is so little accountability and oversight, little to no opportunity to learn or have guidance in programming because management and basically everyone is slammed with giant caseloads because this company is obsessed with growing their business . It’s the clients that suffer, and it’s depressing.

10. 3.0

Great training for beginners

Nov 17, 2022 - Behavioral Technician in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

401k match and positive work environment.

Cons

Low base pay and they play hardball for raises.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company with awesome leaders

Jul 28, 2022 - Board Certified Behavior Analyst Bcba in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clinical director and upper management are always there to support BCBAs and give adequate supervision A real team atmosphere where everyone really supports one another In-house clinical development team that includes high risk reviews, case reviews, and a feeding team that BCBAs can consult for support to make the best clinical decisions for difficult cases A shift to assent based practices and a serious approach to training and teaching BCBAs about assent and how to implement Reasonable caseloads with 20-25 hours billable goal per week

Cons

The usual stressors of the job (working in schools and families) Billable hours can become an anxiety, but CD works with BCBA on how to get these met The insurance recently changed which includes huge pay costs

Senior Communications Advisor

Thank you for your years of service with us and for taking the time for this thoughtful review. So glad you feel the benefit of our great leadership and clinical teams - and that you see how that benefits our clients and staff. That is our goal above all else. Thank you also for the feedback regarding billable hours. We continue to explore how to best meet the needs of our staff and navigate a complex insurance system.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 390 Reviews
</>Embed

Autism Spectrum Therapies Reviews FAQs

Autism Spectrum Therapies has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 394 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Autism Spectrum Therapies to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Autism Spectrum Therapies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Autism Spectrum Therapies. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

71% of Autism Spectrum Therapies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Autism Spectrum Therapies 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Autism Spectrum Therapies to be coworkers, management, career development and the cons to be culture, benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with Autism Spectrum Therapies Job Seekers