Auto-Chlor System Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

San Francisco, CA Area

3.6
Jerry L Ivy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Profit sharing is decent but it always the same percentage (in 20 reviews)

• Good Benefits and job stability (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Very long hours, can be rushed training (depends on how soon the need a driver) (in 18 reviews)

• There's no upper management that cares about the employee that's working in the field (in 8 reviews)

"SSR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and job stability.

Cons

Can be long hours when you first start but it gets better within a couple of months.

Advice to Management

none

2. "Good company but you can't be afraid of work"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Auto-Chlor System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good benefits, good camaraderie in most offices, reward employees based on performance

Cons

Comp plan for outside sales is less than most companies for the same effort put out

Advice to Management

None at this time

"Worst Job in Northern California"

Current Employee - SSR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Auto-Chlor System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bait and Switch...big-time promises, no follow through. Bad management, good coworkers.

Cons

Dirty job, high pressure, on-call 24-7, customers don't respect product or services provided. Dish machines a mess.

Advice to Management

Need better equipment, better support, better schedules.

"Beware"

Former Employee - Route Sales & Service Tech in Benicia, CA
    Former Employee - Route Sales & Service Tech in Benicia, CA

I worked at Auto-Chlor System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Going home at the end of the day

Cons

Waking up knowing you have to go to work. This company is run by a iron hand..they do not allow the employees to grow and they micro manage. The regional manager is someone that should never be working for this company and upper management should check into him before a lawsuit is filed. At the end of your shift on some days you have to stay if you don't they threaten to fire you. There is not enough employee's to cover the territory and the turn over rate is horrible. You have to work in fear every day because they threaten to fire you all the time. Every employee I have started with has been fired or let go. Technicians have to collect bills...and are also expected to sell product. Collecting bills from customers that are already upset about the rates conflicts the sales process. If you don't sell you are fired. This is a horrible company to work for.

Advice to Management

Management needs to better understand what the employee's have to go through on a daily basis. Training and helping the employee will help stop the turmoil inside the branch. Nobody likes to work for a company that threatens to take away their jobs daily. Finding solutions with existing employees instead of firing everyone would be the first step. The branch I worked at fired 12 employee's within the first year...Maybe they need to look into upper Management instead of blaming the lower level employee's. Leaving this company was the best thing that I did

"Never worried about my job"

Current Employee - SSR in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Stability is great-never worried about having a job. Company has never done layoffs and I am making more the my other college educated friends. Lots of freedom as long as you take care of the customer and get things done in a 9 hour day.

Cons

Sometimes customers are hard to handle. Parking and traffic. Customers do not want to pay. We need to take credit card payments.

Advice to Management

Would like to see us treated more as professionals- sales people then repair people.