Auto Club of Southern California Reviews
35% would recommend to a friend
(1044 total reviews)
John F. Boyle
42% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management does not care about you." (in 90 reviews)
- "Middle and upper management do not seriously heed or take suggestions from agents on the floor to improve working conditions." (in 52 reviews)
- "Micro managers have taken over." (in 50 reviews)
- "No work/life balance" (in 31 reviews)
- "Computers are at least 5 years old and they expect you to work long hours." (in 23 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Auto Club of Southern California and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,044 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 6, 2023Leadership Development ConsultantCurrent EmployeeIrvine, CA
Friendly work environment. Everyone is helpful and there is a huge sense of community here.
Slow to adapt change. You must be able to adapt to the work culture and pace of "corporate America".
- 1.0Oct 24, 2023Licensed Insurance AgentFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSaint Louis, MO
The company offers pension after 5 years of employment.
This company continues to overpromise and under deliver. There have been many internal changes in the last year resulting in a decrease of compensation but added responsibilities. The most challenging part is utilizing their systems. Their systems are as old as the company and they do not integrate well together which results in double and triple work. Communication throughout the company is non existent and when major changes come down the pipeline - the agents are often not notified until the day the change goes into affect. The office hours are 9-5:30p but you are expected to work until 7 several times a week and work 3 of 4 Saturdays every month. The compensation is based off multiple metrics and is designed in a way to put money back in AAA’s pocket, not the agents that work hard. You are assigned a variety of tasks in which you are not compensated for. They tell you it’s an opportunity to cross sell but it rarely works out. I worked for the company for 15 months and had 6 different managers in that time. The employee turnover rate is astronomical because there is no cohesiveness or consistency to how they do things. You are forced to learn through your mistakes because things are constantly changing and so chaotic. Departments do not communicate and things fall through the cracks.
- 1.0Nov 28, 2023Insurance AgentFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsCosta Mesa, CA
There is not a whole lot to praise AAA for. The only positive thing is that its easy to get a job at this company.
Everything about this company is bad. There is no work/life balance, AAA treats their employees like numbers, and care only about referrals more than customer service.
- 5.0Nov 4, 2023Processing SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCosta Mesa, CA
Very friendly coworkers. Overall great place to work.very flexible. Stability
Pay could slightly be better1
- 3.0Sep 10, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCosta Mesa, CA
Job not complex. Company is economically stable.
Many undocumented processes, tribal knowledge for basic processes. Process that should take minutes take days to complete. Career advancement opportunities and salary are stagnant. IT management is not proactive, and wait to last minute to upgrade solutions. Technical debt piles up and IT management react late to proactively be ahead of it.
- 4.0Oct 25, 2023Insurance AgentFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Good commission For insurance policies sold and membership Able to make a 6 fig income Good leads
Can be stressful A lot of paperwork involved Managers are not that good
- 4.0Oct 10, 2023Senior Insurance Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCosta Mesa, CA
Has a decent retirement package/benefit.
Due to staffing we sometimes find ourselves having to do more work with a few extra hours of ot a month.1
Auto Club of Southern California Reviews FAQs
Auto Club of Southern California has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 1,064 reviews left anonymously by employees. 35% of employees would recommend working at Auto Club of Southern California to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.
35% of Auto Club of Southern California employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Auto Club of Southern California 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.7 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.