KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

5.0
Auto Trader UK Chief Executive Officer Nathan Coe
Nathan Coe
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Flexible working environment, understanding of any personal issues(in 36 reviews)

• "Great people , supportive work environment(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very fast-paced but I find this exciting(in 28 reviews)

• "Finding a coffee mug in the Manchester office past 11am can be difficult :)(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome, innovative and passionate!

Mar 22, 2018 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you love working in a busy and thriving business then Auto Trader is definitely these. The company constantly is looking for new ways to move forward and understand the market we are in. Doing this has allowed them to review themselves constantly to ensure they are working to lead this industry! They have great offices, people, help, training and values. The one thing I like to do is collaborate and share. The feedback I get is critical but given in an immense way all of the time.

Cons

Not really any cons so far. It's hard to find any.

Head of People & Culture

Thank you for review. We keep thriving, finding new ways to move forward and make a difference to our industries and it is all down to our people. Good to hear that you are receiving continuous feedback, a great way for us to keep evolving. Hope you keep enjoying your experience at Auto Trader for years to come.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

A truly digital business.... it's like working for Google... but for Cars.

Sep 18, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been truly blessed to have the chance to work for Auto Trader. It's an amazing business with an ever improving and evolving culture and a great future. Values win over skills and being a great fit has enabled me to go on the journey and learn so much along the way. Truly proud to be part of the current successes. Hope it stays this way for many years to come! :)

Cons

It's a fast paced environment with high expectations from everyone. We operate a flat structure, so pressure to deliver world class results comes as much from your colleagues as the leadership team. This has been great for me.... but it wouldn't be for everyone. If you want to be a shrinking violet and sit in the corner, i'd stay well clear.

Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your review. Values do win over skills and will hopefully help us keep up with our successes. The pace can be fast at times but we do welcome all kinds of people at Auto Trader. We will pass your advice to our Operational Leadership team.

3. 5.0

Really welcoming!

Jul 29, 2021 - Graduate Account Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Everyone is super friendly and supportive -Company is very switched on when it comes to social and environmental issues -Empowers it's employees -Office is very clean and modern

Cons

-Induction was all online but understandable due to current circumstances

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic employer, forward thinking, supportive

Jul 14, 2021 - Resource Partner in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are what make Auto Trader, I work amongst some of the nicest people I have ever met. Everyone I work with is always so supportive and want you to do well, no question is ever a bad or silly question. You can rely on your colleagues for support and lots of people have built some great friendships here. Its a place you will never stop learning and success. If you want to develop your career it is a wonderful place to be, Auto Trader provide the foundations and support for just that and I am so glad I came here.

Cons

Never enough time in the day but it means always challenged and that is not a bad thing!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great company to work for

Jul 29, 2021 - Graduate Account Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people - Can see opportunity - Values are at the heart of Auto Trader and its people - Great on boarding process

Cons

Interview process online (Not Auto Traders fault), this made it feel a bit more lengthy than it actually was and starting from home also was difficult (Again not ATs fault).

6. 5.0

Top people, top company

Jul 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- People are great - Leadership team is very approachable - New starter process is excellent, feel welcomed and well informed very quickly - Clear communications - Office is fantastic

Cons

Whilst I have been at this company, i have not yet found any cons

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, culture and people!

Apr 12, 2021 - Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fast-paced ever-changing environment is something you definitely expect in not only a constantly changing marketplace but a digital business. Auto Trader is adaptable to understanding, learning and changing which makes this place awesome and allowing people to have a voice, learn every day and speak to people you would never normally interact with in your day to day. Like with anything, you need to drive your own growth and development and put yourself out there. Although recognition is high, being entrepreneurial, creative and strategic helps you and the business at the same time. I don't think there are many businesses out there that you could work for and really make a difference every single day to both colleagues and customers. Managers do listen and will help you with vested interest and care and I found being very open and honest from the start has always done me well as the company knows what I need, and how to use my strengths while bringing up my weaknesses. The pandemic tested every business in the UK and Auto Trader proved to both its customers and its colleagues that it is here to support . You just cant ask for more when it comes to this.

Cons

Depending on what you class as progression, it can sometimes be difficult to move forward due to a lean environment but as I said, it depends on what you want.

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The satisfaction you take from your role is evident, and it's fantastic to hear about the impact you have on our customers. Keep up the good work!

8. 4.0

Structured development

Jul 30, 2021 - Graduate Account Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autotrader have a structured program which is a very good start for anyone coming out of Uni. Nevertheless, they welcome all candidates including those who have been in employment previously. The delivery of the Academy at the start is a good way to ease into the business and its culture

Cons

Academy may be a bit long for someone who is eager to start their role, but once it has been done, it is done and you move on!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Simply the best

Jun 14, 2021 - Account Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaboration, innovation, connected, forward thinking and inclusive. This company is not for the faint hearted, it requires you to be bold , determined and tenacious in your approach. Educating customers to change the way they work inline with the changing consumer demand. The culture is what I’m proud of, having a passion to promote from within . Giving people the autonomy to voice their opinions, allowing the business and our retailers the ability to grow quickly. AT have managed the pandemic extremely well, with a caring approach to staff and a forward thinking approach to product launches, allowing us to build amazing relationships internal and external.

Cons

Apart from the coffee choices I would struggle.

Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. When we set out to improve the process of buying and selling vehicles in the UK, we knew that we had a challenging journey ahead of us. Educating retailers and consumers on the benefits of digitalisation requires resilience, initiative and determination, qualities our talented community of account managers and directors have in spades. Internal progression remains a key priority for us, and there is nothing we love more than to see our employees develop their careers. You'll be pleased to know that the new coffee shop we built in the office during lockdown serves a delightful cup, so there are no worries on that front!

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Just not for me, I felt like a bit of a burden on the team

Jul 21, 2021 - Engineer in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Up to date tech stack in most areas Use of macbook pros throughout the business Knowledge to improve your CV and make you stand out to other businesses

Cons

On call - this was brought up numerous times but shot down as what was suggested 'hadn't worked in the past' but note this was with different people. We were on call for 7 days once every 5 weeks, No additional pay, no time back unless one individual incident took over 2 hours to resolve, still alerted during the day and expected do deal with it if you were set as on call. It just didn't work really and no real plans to change it even when it was discussed multiple times. Old hat employees - groups are very clicky in some areas. I was told day 1 "we will have lunch together today, but from then one you have to sort yourself out" or along those lines, and wasn't invited to lunch again or made to feel welcome in general tbh. Judgemental culture, not much more to day tbh. Senior management hypocritical, managers crying in all hands about the results from employee surveys etc as they were so bad. Yet next day in the queue for lunch, totally blank you when one on one. That's the culture of this place in a nut shell. It's all 'face', behind closed doors it can be a not very pleasant place to work for some people. Covid not handled the best in my opinion - I had covid (in the very early days - march 2020) and I don't believe it was handled well personally at all. I feel i'm entitled to my opinion and I don't need a reply to this. I had some very difficult discussions with HR and senior management when I left. I do not need to insulted any more. I acknowledge I had a rough ride and departments throughout the business do differ but it shone a light on how things are actually dealt with and the outcome was not good for me.

5 people found this review helpful