- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - Northern Ireland
- - Scotland
- - Wales
- - Remote
- Ireland - All Cities
- - Carlow
- - Cavan
- - Clare
- - Cork
- - Donegal
- - Dublin
- - Galway
- - Kerry
- - Kildare
- - Kilkenny
- - Leitrim
- - Laois
- - Limerick
- - Longford
- - Louth
- - Mayo
- - Meath
- - Monaghan
- - Offaly
- - Roscommon
- - Sligo
- - Tipperary
- - Waterford
- - Westmeath
- - Wexford
- - Wicklow
- - Connaught
- - Munster
- - Leinster
- - Remote
Found 314 of over 399 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great people with genuine passion and pride in their work and in the company" (in 54 reviews)
- "Amazing Culture and Values" (in 38 reviews)
- "There are also great benefits." (in 24 reviews)
- "Since the move to the new offices in central Manchester the Autotrader has become a fantastic and inspiring place to work." (in 21 reviews)
- "Great offices and working environment." (in 15 reviews)
- "Account managers have become retention reps with high growth targets to sell anything to anyone." (in 10 reviews)
- "Career progression is about who you know and if they like you." (in 9 reviews)
- "Sad to say, that I enjoy my work so much that I often find myself working on work projects outside of the office, meaning striking a work/life balance isn't easy." (in 8 reviews)
- "Salary is competitive but not market leading" (in 7 reviews)
- "Witnessed this time and time again where gradually the very lifeblood was being sucked out of people by a lower management team who for what ever reason had decided you were past your “sell by date” It’s a standing joke in there with sales staff as that’s how you usually go, either off sick with nerves never to return or managed out of the business." (in 6 reviews)
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Mar 22, 2018 - Account ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
If you love working in a busy and thriving business then Auto Trader is definitely these. The company constantly is looking for new ways to move forward and understand the market we are in. Doing this has allowed them to review themselves constantly to ensure they are working to lead this industry! They have great offices, people, help, training and values. The one thing I like to do is collaborate and share. The feedback I get is critical but given in an immense way all of the time.
Not really any cons so far. It's hard to find any.Continue reading
Thank you for review. We keep thriving, finding new ways to move forward and make a difference to our industries and it is all down to our people. Good to hear that you are receiving continuous feedback, a great way for us to keep evolving. Hope you keep enjoying your experience at Auto Trader for years to come.
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 18, 2015 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I've been truly blessed to have the chance to work for Auto Trader. It's an amazing business with an ever improving and evolving culture and a great future. Values win over skills and being a great fit has enabled me to go on the journey and learn so much along the way. Truly proud to be part of the current successes. Hope it stays this way for many years to come! :)
It's a fast paced environment with high expectations from everyone. We operate a flat structure, so pressure to deliver world class results comes as much from your colleagues as the leadership team. This has been great for me.... but it wouldn't be for everyone. If you want to be a shrinking violet and sit in the corner, i'd stay well clear.Continue reading
Thank you for your review. Values do win over skills and will hopefully help us keep up with our successes. The pace can be fast at times but we do welcome all kinds of people at Auto Trader. We will pass your advice to our Operational Leadership team.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 17, 2022 - in Manchester, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people, having worked in multiple companies in the tech sector. The culture at autotrader is the thing that stood out when i was looking for a job, i didnt think it would be anything much other than a good place to work. but after being here for a few months i can say that its by far the one place that puts the needs and health of employees genuinely at their forefront. coming from a previous company that would treat employees as disposable commodities its a huge breath of fresh air. this doesnt even cover the technical amd collaborative nature of the other people that work at autotrader.
none that i can think of so far. the hybrid working may not be for everyone. but i like the balance and they are very flexible with it.Continue reading
Thank you for your review. So glad to hear that your expectations when joining match the reality of working with us after a few months. The Green Man induction definitely creates lasting memories and we are so excited we get to do it in person again after all this time.
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Jul 8, 2022 - Business Consultant in Manchester, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Autonomy to work in a way we feel comfortable with. No micro management. The company seem to employ the right people, I've met great people here. Good benefits including SAYE scheme, BUPA.
WFH should be more flexible.
Thank you for your review. I couldn't agree more that we get to work with great people every day. If you have any thoughts on our Connected Working please reach out and share with our People team.
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jun 16, 2022 - Data Entry in Plymouth, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good employer with good working conditions
None that I can think of
Thanks for your review and hope you are enjoying your first year working with us
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Apr 16, 2022 - Marketing Executive in Manchester, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Company values and ethics are lived, non-hierarchical, easy decision making.
No cons as far as I’m concerned
Thanks for your review!
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Mar 16, 2022 - Senior People Operations Advisor in Manchester, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great scope for development and exposure- very fast paced environment Amazing benefits (available to all colleagues and the best day one benefits I've ever come across) Genuine care for the people- especially well-being Fair salaries that are reviewed regularly Unique culture and approach to hybrid-working... trusts people to do the right thing D&I is a priority and not just in words but in action Amazing networks for example Age, BAME, wellbeing etc. Very considerate of everybody's views and the values are not just a poster on the wall like in many businesses- they influence everything that happens here
Like any business, it's been hard to collaborate and get to know the business and colleagues remotely but now we've transitioned into hybrid working, this has already got way better The flat structure may not be for everybody, although I feel it works really well
Thank you for your review. It's great to hear how much you're enjoying hybrid working and that your first year at Auto Trader is going so well!
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 4, 2022 - Software Developer in Manchester, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Loads of support, great tech stack, ambitious projects and great co-workers.
Being a small fish in a medium-large sized pond might not be for everyone.
Your enthusiasm for the tech community comes through loud and clear, and we love to hear it! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 17, 2022 - Production Assistant in Reigate, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Camaraderie in the production team (I was there 2008–2009) Respectable rate of hourly pay Break times Decent people
Equipment and computers somewhat old Office could have done with redecorating
Auto Trader has changed dramatically over the past 13 years! If you're interested in seeing what Auto Trader 2022 looks like, head over to our careers site and take a look :) https://careers.autotrader.co.uk/blog/connected-working
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Feb 15, 2022 - Senior Developer in Manchester, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Company culture is the best of anywhere I've worked. Flexibility to get the job done, full support for personal development and a real commitment to its people.
Nothing to complain about yet!Continue reading
Thanks for your review. Your first year at Auto Trader sounds like it's off to a great start - here's to many more!
Auto Trader UK Reviews FAQs
Auto Trader UK has an overall rating of 5.0 out of 5, based on over 399 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at Auto Trader UK to a friend and 100% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
100% of Auto Trader UK employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Auto Trader UK 5.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 5.0 for culture and values and 5.0 for career opportunities.