Auto Trader UK "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Auto Trader UK Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 12 Aug 2019

5.0
Auto Trader UK CEO Trevor Mather
Trevor Mather
Pros
Cons
  • "The company is rather fast paced(in 22 reviews)

• "The location (central Manchester) wasn't right for me, but of course that will not be a problem for everyone(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Exciting Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Squad Lead in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, lovely office and good benefits. The opportunities to progress here are genuine if you're willing to work hard and get stuck in. It's fast paced, lots of change and there's never a dull moment.

Cons

I don't see it as a negative but you have to be 100% committed and be willing to keep moving forwards, keep up with the pace and keep giving it your all!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're great at.

Auto Trader UK2019-08-12

"A genuinely outstanding place to work"

Current Employee - I Work As A Developer in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast pace of change means we can continue to be one of the most cutting edge and admired businesses in the UK. By and large great people who all do what they do very well and have big appetites to learn and grow themselves and the business Amazing culture to be part of. Genuine and friendly colleagues. Always someone willing the help.

Cons

Couple of people on my squad I find a bit rude and abrasive, not really sure they embody the values most of us really subscribe to. However it's a minority. You always get at least one.

Advice to Management

The employee engagement survey holds a lot of clues to how the company can still improve it. The scores were largely good but please use it to improve AT next year.

Auto Trader UK2018-11-19

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - CXO Delivery Manager in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and a great culture. Lots of opportunities to learn new skills across the different product areas and role types throughout the business. If you show willing, they will let you try something.

Cons

Sometimes things can be pushed through too fast, without following process - but usually if you fight your case to the right people they will support you to do the right thing. It would be interesting to understand how salaries compare across the industry but in terms of general working environment it's great.

Advice to Management

OLT should spend more time among their teams. I understand that they are busy people, but those who are 'doing the do' know the products and processes inside out and more visibility of Management would be beneficial to both parties.

Auto Trader UK2018-01-04
  4. "A great company to grow in"

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great place to develop your skills no matter what area of business you align yourself to and even open your eyes to alternative roles which you may never have thought about. They actively encourage a culture that values diversity and inclusion and it feels like they are trying to blend the boundaries of work/life balance to make people feel like they don't have to be separate. They honestly do have some... great people working here and you really get to see this with the company's emphasis on collaborative ways of working across teams.

Cons

Due to the lean nature of the business, you will probably have to work harder here and at a faster pace compared to other companies. This is not to say it isn't recognised, but, if you prefer to coast, it would not be for you.

Advice to Management

Don't take the lean ways of working too far.

Auto Trader UK2017-08-17

"Amazing place to work"

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Auto Trader have great people across the business who are a pleasure to work with. We are all trusted to do the job we are employed to do and given the autonomy to succeed on projects small to large. We have fab offices and lots of great benefits and there are lots of things to get involved with outside of our standard roles if we wish (charity guild, social guild etc).

Cons

Honestly can’t think of any, my commute is longer than I would like but at the end of the day, that is a personal choice.

Advice to Management

Carry on as you are, I really admire the honesty of senior management when they talk at big functions (employee conference etc) and do guest blogs on our internal portal, it is refreshing.

Auto Trader UK2017-01-16
  6. "Why work anywhere else."

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people managers who really care about you as a person, not just a number, we have great people with an amazing attitude towards work and I feel that under Trevor we are now more customer focused than ever, he has done amazing things at Auto Trader and I am sure they will continue, I can honestly say that I am very proud to say that I work at Auto Trader. No matter what part of the company you work for, your... views and opinions are always taken on board, everyone listens to what you wish to say and will work towards a resolution together. It's truly amazing to work for a company who can pull together when it's needed, yes we get things wrong at times, but you name another company who gets it right all the time. The last thing I want to say is that Auto Trader is not just a work place, it's a family.

Cons

Nothing to report, the only thing that bothers me is the travel, but I can live with it because every day I am coming to a great company.

Advice to Management

We are amazing at what we do, every day just gets better, new innovations and easier way to do things, as we are heading in the right direction in all aspects of our amazing company. It would be great if we could do a little more to entice women into technology roles, not just for our own benefit so they stay with us, would be great to be leading the way into by holding a conference with guest speakers about how... they can also influence women into technology roles. Also maybe offering work experience for women to get real life experience working with our amazing technology team that we have. Would be interested in comments from both Trevor and Head of Resourcing on this as it's something that I am very passionate about and have been picking a lot up on Twitter under the hashtag of #womenintech. I know we offer graduate schemes which is already amazing, but would be amazing if we could get involved more with enticing more women into technology. If something can be done towards this or the company could help in anyway way, I would be extremely happy to get involved.

Auto Trader UK2016-04-12
  7. "One of the better places to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good atmosphere and great people, lots of freedom to be proactive and participate in decision making. Senior management are very approachable and value your opinions.

Cons

Career progression is limited if you're in product and technology. If you're main motivation is money higher salaries for the same role can be found elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Benchmark London salaries. Other than that doing a top job.

Auto Trader UK2015-08-18

"Cutting edge company"

Current Employee - Lead User Experience Architect in London, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lot of great people to learn from, collaborative attitude among colleagues and departments, always ready to embraces change

Cons

Sometimes decisions take too much time more because of internal politics than real reasons. A slightly bullish attitude masked as humor can be annoying on the long term.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and communicate more often with the employees on personal development and business updates.

Auto Trader UK2015-08-04
  9. "The only place I've learnt anything"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and a great place to learn what digital really means.

Cons

If you're based in London then you'll be traveling to Manchester a lot!

Auto Trader UK2015-07-23
  10. "Great enivronment with a few niggles !"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The London office is a relaxed place to work , and AT as a brand is well admired . There are several opportunities to progress however it is if your face fits. The Leadership team are 50% respected with the long standing members living and breathing the values and leading by example . The benefits are fab however we are a long way off being an amazing employer but hopefully this is going to improve with a great... people team now in place. I love working for AT but believe we could be slipping back into the old world.

Cons

The leadership team, whilst most of them are approachable and breathe the values there are some of them that do not and this is also reflected by our CEO. Its a mans world still at AT and even the female OLT members are not seen favorable among the staff acting like they are above everyone else now they have been promoted.. Its a case of if your face fits with Trevor, he does not respect you or give you the time of... day unless you are a product person or generate some sort of revenue and if he does not like you your days are numbered ! However most corporate companies are like this so you have to let the good outweigh the bad .

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. Remember the values, especially being humble !

Auto Trader UK2015-08-04