AutoLoop Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Steve Anderson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Been here 2 years now and this is a great company" (in 8 reviews)

• "It's an incredibly laid back work environment" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "m which could be fixed, but upper management won't do anything about it" (in 4 reviews)

• "I'm tired of seeing good employees leave the company" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"AutoLoop is the best decision I have ever made!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AutoLoop full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at AutoLoop for around 3 years. I started in one of the most entry level roles at Loop and have been promoted twice in the first 2 years to a to a higher level customer facing role. As the company expands and grows positions are always being created to meet that need and they often look internally to fill those roles. It is motivating and keeps employees around as they see their co-workers move up.

I could name all the perks like parties, socials, snacks, paid health care, relaxed dress code etc. but all the other reviews do that. What stands out most to be about AutoLoop are the people. Very few companies does the COO know the name of almost even the most entry level workers sitting outside his office. No matter where you rank on the org. chart you can feel comfortable talking to anyone. The managers of the more entry level teams (support and marketing) are open to hearing your goals and helping you pursue them within the company.

Yes, there is a lot of work some days and we can all be overwhelmed sometimes but what growing company isn't.... and the cake and free snacks certainly helps on those days!

You know you work for a great company when you would recommend to your friends to also come join you, which I have done several times over the last few years and they are all still working for Loop!

Cons

The average cons of most jobs.... working extra hours and a little stress but not more than you are going to see in most jobs. The entry level wages can be a little low but usually worth it, if you can stick it out for a year.

Advice to Management

The past year I have seen so many improvements in internal processes and training. Keep moving in that direction! Your employees truly appreciate it.

2. "Great place for career opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AutoLoop full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Autoloop is a great place to work if you're looking for somewhere to start a career path. There are almost always entry-level positions available that can quickly move to mid-level positions since they are filled internally first and your production record with the company helps a lot to supplement your resume.

The company culture is fantastic - there is always some or another type of event happening so there is a place for everyone.

Cons

There are some issues with interdepartmental communication that are being worked on, but still need a good bit of improvement. Most departments are pretty functional internally, but when they need to interact with others there can be conflicts that management is only recently starting to handle so there is still quite a bit to unwind before things turn smooth.

I wouldn't say this is more of an issue at AutoLoop than elsewhere, but it is worth mentioning. Management is working on it in earnest(there have been some fairly major changes recently that are quite positive), so that is a good sign, but it is still ongoing.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to continue with the changes what you've been working on, but I would recommend getting a bit more aggressive in some areas or it will continue to drag on.

There are some really obvious places that still need work and while they are already getting some attention, they need more drastic changes to create any sort of meaningful effect(this is all really obvious to the employees since they have to deal with it every day).

3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AutoLoop full-time

Pros

- Snacks
    - Relaxed clothing code
    - Great parties and events
    - Management has gotten better at working with the rest of the group

Cons

Elevators suck, take the stairs!
    Bathrooms are not new or match the new decor
    Fun factor has gone down a bit but not gone completely, music playing and such

"A good company and a great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Marketing in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AutoLoop (More than 3 years)

Pros

AutoLoop is a company that grew up overnight. When I started, there were just a few of us. Over just a few years, we've grown to a sizable organization with a major footprint in automotive technology. The products are solid and customers are happy.

The company has good benefits (free healthcare, 401k, etc.), with pay that's competitive but generally mid-range. The workforce is diverse and management is progressive in their beliefs and attitudes.

New leadership has come in that is taking us from being more of a startup to a bigger company. I've seen a major difference with the new CTO and COO, both of whom are seasoned and professional C-level execs.

I have seen some negative reviews, and while I feel for these people, I honestly don't agree with what they're saying, as I'm in the trenches and don't see the kinds of issues mentioned. Also some people have been moved out that shouldn't have been here in the first place.

Cons

Onboarding is still disorganized in some departments. Some areas are still silo'd. But things are regularly improving. complex.

Advice to Management

Improve your onboarding, which seems to vary significantly from department to department. Continue to implement training for new and existing employees.

"Great company, you can tell the CEO really cares"

I have been working at AutoLoop full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture here is great, they are focused on results and not bureaucracy. Our CEO really cares about his employees and goes above and beyond for us. Great perks such as free yoga, free health insurance for employees, coffee, snacks and a discounted gym membership. Plus lots of fun events, like the annual holiday and summer party, movie outings and going to Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream. It's a very diverse and inclusive company and I have seen no bias here in the slightest. If you work hard and do your job well, you can work your way up from an entry-level position. Employees are encouraged to voice their opinions and it seems like management listens and takes what we say into account.

Cons

Training, both for internal position changes and for managers, needs to be expanded upon. There is also a tendency to hang onto employees who are not performing well for far too long. PTO could be expanded since it covers not only vacation time but personal, sick and any holiday time as well.

Advice to Management

Improve training, get rid of those who aren't performing in a more timely manner, increase PTO to a more competitive amount and/or create a separate benefit of paid maternity/paternity leave that covers at least 6 weeks of leave.

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AutoLoop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been here 2 years now and this is a great company. Solid benefits, friendly management, really interesting and challenging work, fun co-workers, great parties, lots of growth opportunities.

Cons

The company is in automotive technology, which is a tough space (demanding customers). My feeling is if you can make it in automotive software, you can make it anywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"RUN AWAY"

I worked at AutoLoop full-time

Pros

Nice part of town, especially if you are into scientology

Cons

lack of staff training on company products
    lack of quality management

Advice to Management

hire real management - not staff that has been pushed into a role they are not qualified to do ( management)

8. "My experience"

Current Employee - Engineering QA in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Engineering QA in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AutoLoop full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team of individuals, closeness to home. Really good group of people to work with. I actually like the area of work I do.

Cons

Work is a little stressful with deadlines and vacation time could be better balanced to help with the stress.

Advice to Management

Could work a bit on Vacation or PTO for the area of work for as times can be stressful with deadline/projects.

"Autoloop / Carphoria"

Former Employee - Installation Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Installation Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at AutoLoop full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits; casual office environment

Cons

Unfortunately, this was by far the most negative employment experience of my career. Management was passive aggressive, "played favorites" egregiously, and was often disparaging--of both clients and coworkers. Workflow was very disorganized: there would be redundant, often conflicting workbooks or trackers on different platforms, making it hard to find or communicate information.

Advice to Management

One bad apple spoils the bunch.

"Favorite day was my last day"

I worked at AutoLoop full-time

Pros

Free health insurance. There are free snacks

Cons

Work environment overall was pretentious and cold. Was scrutinized for doing my job. Had responsibility and no authority. Management did not enforce something as basic as replying to emails. HR person I dealt with was aggressive, intimidating, argumentative and antogonistic. It seemed like a lot of ppl have no problem throwing others under the bus. I quickly learned after negative experiences that not saying anything to try to improve my situation was the better idea and that disengaging was better for my health. Position was extremely boring, and tedious and it rapidly became obvious to me that I didn’t have the support that was necessary. Upper management told me one thing to my face and then turned around and said otherwise at a later date. Extremely difficult to trust what they tell you.

Advice to Management

Be forthright with expectations and evaluations.