AutoLoop Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 9, 2019

4.1
Steve Anderson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company with a lot of great people who cared about their customers" (in 10 reviews)

• "It's an incredibly laid back work environment" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "m which could be fixed, but upper management won't do anything about it" (in 4 reviews)

• "I'm tired of seeing good employees leave the company" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Autoloop"

I have been working at AutoLoop full-time

Pros

Laid back environmental and all around great place.

Cons

Not too much to complain about at this time.

2. "Great Place"

I have been working at AutoLoop full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back
    Atmosphere
    Benefits
    Company parties

Cons

none at this time.

3. "A nice company to work for"

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at AutoLoop full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fair salary and benefits, approachable management, relaxed environment. Company tries to make everyone feel valued.

Cons

Salary could be better, but isn't bad. Inefficiency in some areas.

Advice to Management

A few additional perks here and there might be nice. Some furniture/technology upgrades here and there.

4. "Infinitely worse in hindsight"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at AutoLoop full-time

Pros

Casual office, great pay for a job that will (should) be completely automated within the decade

Cons

Horrible management (at the satellite office, Carphoria). Zero transparency, honesty, or integrity. Direct requests for feedback or constructive criticism are ignored; however, you can expect any sort of mistake (even if no one brings it to your attention) to be punished by a thousand acts of passive aggression or backhanded comments, such as that "(one) spends too much time looking into things" (read: is interested in learning/professional development and process improvement...a terrible character flaw!)...

Well, what I've said holds *unless* you are one of management's "favorites," in which case there will be no accountability for anything you do.

Management will ignore any requests for help or constructive feedback on job performance, but get upset if any initiative is shown in completing tasks (because you didn't get their rubber stamp!) or if something isn't done (because you were waiting on their approval!).

Process documentation a complete joke. The epitome of a company that has never embraced the "single source of truth" ethos in data management. Think half a dozen conflicting spreadsheets allegedly tracking the same thing, only group A only looks at spreadsheet A and so on, with no clear delegation of who is supposed to manage or reconcile these (redundant) information siloes. There was also no formal documentation of employee performance or reviews, or KPIs for performance. HR did not have any sort of documentation system in place like every other modern company (e.g. write-ups, performance reviews, etc), and just relies on the "word" of the (dishonest) management team.

Advice to Management

You might save money on paying unemployment to employees if you actually provide feedback and have documentation in place for poor performance. It does neither party any good to withhold that information in favor of passive aggressive, "mean girl" tactics. The employee is unable to improve their performance, and you wind up footing the bill for termination without cause.

AutoLoop Response

Nov 21, 2018 – HR Dir

Thank you for providing us with this feedback.

We use all responses as learning and growth opportunities. I hope you will find some comfort in knowing we will look into all your feedback and... More

"Alright I suppose"

Former Employee - Marketing Services Coordinator in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Services Coordinator in Clearwater, FL

I worked at AutoLoop full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Easy
    -Decent pay for the work they have you do
    -If you just need a job, this one will get the job done

Cons

-Boring
    -Not a marketing position
    -Requires 2 years experience for a "marketing coordinator position" but you're just checking information on email templates and working as a customer service rep for dealers
    -Unstable work- mass layoffs
    -The interview process was misleading

Advice to Management

Let applicants know what the position entails, and don't mislead them in the interview.

6. "Good Place for Opportunity"

Former Employee - Responsive Email Developer in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Responsive Email Developer in Clearwater, FL

I worked at AutoLoop full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked as the first and only QA person for the email dev department and was promoted to the email dev role after 2 years. There's a lot of opportunity to advance your career at AutoLoop, but like any company, that is up to the employee and their level of production and dedication. In addition to my promotion, I also received several raises during my 3 years at AutoLoop. If you produce, you will be rewarded.

AutoLoop spends a lot of time, money and energy on extracurricular activities for their employees. They offer discounted gym membership, seasonal parties, personal birthday cake/dessert and card for every employees' birthday, trips to Holl-O-Scream and a lot more. Personally, I've never been into the "rah rah" socializing events in the workplace, but that's just me. If you're not into it, they're fine with letting you not participate.

Management is very accommodating when it comes to being flexible with your schedule. They are very flexible with start and end times in the office and letting you take time for doctor appointments as long as you get your work done and act responsibly. I saved a lot of money on daycare because I was allowed to work the last hour of the day from home so I could pick my children up from school. However, this is something that comes after proving yourself as a responsible and reliable employee. Don't expect to work from home for at least the first 8 months to a year at a minimum.

Cons

Communication - AutoLoop has grown quickly and there is a definite challenge when it comes to communicating between the Marketing, Engineering, and Support silos. I know efforts are being made to address this.

Advice to Management

Continue to increase support to team-level management and employees who produce. I know there has been tremendous effort in this area over the last year in Marketing and it is greatly appreciated.

7. "Technical Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AutoLoop full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, Knowledgeable team, and Friendly-Helpful environment.
    Not expected to work after assigned time ever. Holidays are paid after 90 days.

Cons

The training videos you go through during the initial on-boarding process was not very good. Even with my current experience with the company a lot of the information that I went over during that time period was not very helpful or needed.

Advice to Management

Management in general is good here keep everything the way it is.
    Training material could be a lot better. If we had examples tailored to specific issues we would be dealing with, in training, with brief over views of what we were actually accomplishing it would be more insightful. I learned nearly everything on the job post training videos etc. So it put everything on my lead to really teach me from the ground up.

8. "Great place to get started"

Former Employee - Performance in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Performance in Clearwater, FL

I worked at AutoLoop full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with a lot of great people who cared about their customers. Product is the best in the market. Only reason I left was due to a personal relocation. Otherwise I could see myself being at AutoLoop for many years to come.

Cons

Company was a bit disorganized when I first got there but has been dramatically improved, especially over the last 2 year.s Weak employee onboarding. Very poorly organized sales department. However, word is that these issues are being addressed.

Advice to Management

Continue what you started with the new leadership. It really is making a difference.

9. "AutoLoop is a pretty great place to work"

I have been working at AutoLoop full-time

Pros

Great company culture, growth and respectability within the industry

Cons

Relatively low salaries, some difficulties with interdepartmental communication

10. "Proofreader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at AutoLoop full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Creative atmosphere. Casual dress code. Very understanding of work / life balance for employees with children. For me personally, the location (twenty minute commute). Good oportunites for advancement.

Cons

Occasional software issues. Sometimes things seem disorganized.