Autodesk Reviews in Manchester, NH | Glassdoor

4.7
Autodesk CEO Andrew Anagnost
Andrew Anagnost

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is always depends on the person (in 211 reviews)

• You can work from home anytime you need to and every 4 years you have the sabbatical: 6 weeks of paid vacation (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours - no work life balance - no organisation from the management and no training on arrival (in 35 reviews)

• Much of the culture change being pushed with the business transformation is not being accepted at the middle management tier (in 42 reviews)

"Senior Quality Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Autodesk (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, always changing, exciting work

Cons

Employee layoffs every few years - Company just had 10% force reduction

Advice to Management

Stop shedding employees with restructuring

"Great company, great experience!"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Manchester, NH

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are amazing and the company cares about it's employees.

Cons

The support team is responsible for using/troubleshooting the product and being the 'voice of the customer' to other divisions, however many people in the company do not know just how important we are and often 'forget' to get our inputs. It often felt like we were not a part of Autodesk as a whole.

"Abysmal management"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few nice people worked there. You could bring your dog to work. Very, very, very, very, very little else.

Cons

Miserable management. Poor schedule handling. Zero assistance if you fall behind. Training was offered by almost never.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your greatest value. Learn that. Get used to it. Use it. Grow with it. Live by it.

"Sr. Quality Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Manchester, NH

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun products to work with.

Cons

The company's technologies are not keeping up with the industry.

Advice to Management

Spend more on making your development processes more agile. Look at training existing personnel rather than replacing them.

5. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dynamic forward looking company making software tools for the future. Coworkers are the smartest people I've ever worked with and are passionate about our mission.

Cons

Large corporation that grows primarily by acquisition. This and due to making a wide range of products tends to create cultural silos in the company.

Advice to Management

Be flexible with teams and vertical groups. Work to reduce silos and increase sharing of tools across the company.

6. "Software Engineering - Intern"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best Manager - Very Motivational and Helpful
    World Class Salary - I was paid the highest salary autodesk can offer
    Immense Learning Curve - If you have the crave to learn new stuffs and work in an environment or product containing millions of LOC then autodesk is the place to work

Cons

Very Competitive - Most of the colleagues are very experienced and smart people so we have to work hard to compete with others
    Sometimes need to work long hours to get things completed, because all the products are very complex architectural design

"Good Company to work for"

Former Employee - Manager in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Manager in Manchester, NH

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Salary is competitive. Good people who clearly like what they do. Benefits are excellent. Progressive company with some brilliant people.

Cons

Work/Life Balance is not as good as it could be. Too many layoffs if you are not in California. As such people tend to "horde" information to make themselves look good and justify their position.

"It's nothing I'd recommend if you cherish your health and sanity."

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

U.S. 6 week paid sabbatical every 4 years...You'll need it. Great co-workers.

Cons

Incompetent managers thickly layered throughout. Every manager has to give 20% of their direct reports poor ratings on their yearly review so you could play the politics and not work as hard/be as savvy and make way more than a co-worker who gets things done well all year but doesn't kiss up.

Advice to Management

Get rid of some of the layers of incompetent, ineffective managers below you. It's a funnel of idiocy that has no real function!

"Lead me to my current career and passion..."

Former Employee - Divisional Support and Coordination in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Divisional Support and Coordination in Manchester, NH

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Cultural diversity
    -Consistent and calculated change efforts (a company in motion stays in motion)
    -Supported growth and development
    -Established tech company with years of finding out what works and what doesn't from a target market, employee satisfaction, and performance/productivity perspective.
    -Intensely refined succession planning
    -laid-back environment
    -Good team dynamics
    -Awesome benefits

Cons

My experience with Autodesk is fairly exclusive as my position and department have since been dissolved and reorganized into successfully managed divisions.

Major cons:
    -No balance of right and left-brain thinkers (overwhelmingly engineer-minded)
    -Management politics (found in every organization, unfortunately)
    -Still a bit "boys-club" with regard to the composition of the executive leadership and high-level managerial staff.
    -Large organization with residual hierarchy bubbles decreasing alignment along the key stakeholder pipeline... slowing down approvals, change initiatives, buy-in, etc.
    -Too many managers without aligned strategies and goals

Advice to Management

I wouldn't ever presume to know enough about a company to solicit advice so broadly however; it is critical in today's market that an organization with as much potential as Autodesk embrace uncomfortable change and dive into a truly authentic reorg that takes almost everything once thought to be right and throws it out the window...harvesting the old to make room for the new.

Talent management predicated on scientifically-derived and legally defensible tactics, genuine cross-collaboration in a decentralized government type setting, continuous executive coaching and innovative training efforts, and of great importance: company-wide ACCOUNTABILITY.

All investments into people development and change initiatives CAN have ROI and lasting results if at least two ingredients exist: Program evaluation to highlight whether a program/project was successful or not (as well as HOW successful/unsuccessful) and continuous training efforts to ensure adoption and accountability.

"Great environment for growing existing skills and learning new ones. Very education and collaboration driven."

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Manchester, NH

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A large community of highly intelligent individuals. A high level of inter-discipline collaboration. Fertile ground for growing professional relationships and networks.

Cons

At times the attention span and level of commitment to initiatives by senior management changes rapidly. What was paramount one day is irrelevant the next.

Advice to Management

When making commitments to employees and teams, be clear on your objectives and remain as committed to your teams as they are to you. Take the time to listen to those employees closest to the work. Often some of the most innovative and productive changes come from the rank & file.

Showing 21 of 1,357 reviews