Autodesk Reviews in Manchester, NH | Glassdoor

Manchester, NH

Autodesk CEO Andrew Anagnost
Andrew Anagnost

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is always depends on the person (in 211 reviews)

• You can work from home anytime you need to and every 4 years you have the sabbatical: 6 weeks of paid vacation (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours - no work life balance - no organisation from the management and no training on arrival (in 35 reviews)

• Much of the culture change being pushed with the business transformation is not being accepted at the middle management tier (in 42 reviews)

"Sr. Quality Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Manchester, NH

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun products to work with.

Cons

The company's technologies are not keeping up with the industry.

Advice to Management

Spend more on making your development processes more agile. Look at training existing personnel rather than replacing them.

"Lead me to my current career and passion..."

Former Employee - Divisional Support and Coordination in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Divisional Support and Coordination in Manchester, NH

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Cultural diversity
    -Consistent and calculated change efforts (a company in motion stays in motion)
    -Supported growth and development
    -Established tech company with years of finding out what works and what doesn't from a target market, employee satisfaction, and performance/productivity perspective.
    -Intensely refined succession planning
    -laid-back environment
    -Good team dynamics
    -Awesome benefits

Cons

My experience with Autodesk is fairly exclusive as my position and department have since been dissolved and reorganized into successfully managed divisions.

Major cons:
    -No balance of right and left-brain thinkers (overwhelmingly engineer-minded)
    -Management politics (found in every organization, unfortunately)
    -Still a bit "boys-club" with regard to the composition of the executive leadership and high-level managerial staff.
    -Large organization with residual hierarchy bubbles decreasing alignment along the key stakeholder pipeline... slowing down approvals, change initiatives, buy-in, etc.
    -Too many managers without aligned strategies and goals

Advice to Management

I wouldn't ever presume to know enough about a company to solicit advice so broadly however; it is critical in today's market that an organization with as much potential as Autodesk embrace uncomfortable change and dive into a truly authentic reorg that takes almost everything once thought to be right and throws it out the window...harvesting the old to make room for the new.

Talent management predicated on scientifically-derived and legally defensible tactics, genuine cross-collaboration in a decentralized government type setting, continuous executive coaching and innovative training efforts, and of great importance: company-wide ACCOUNTABILITY.

All investments into people development and change initiatives CAN have ROI and lasting results if at least two ingredients exist: Program evaluation to highlight whether a program/project was successful or not (as well as HOW successful/unsuccessful) and continuous training efforts to ensure adoption and accountability.

"a good place to work, maybe in future"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Manchester, NH

Pros

Autodesk is still a good place to work. There are so many genious in Autodesk. I have to admit that there are still some people not qualified.

Cons

There is no growth for individuals. I do see people are losing their passion here.

Advice to Management

You may need to balance the work of employees. Some people are surfing all day, but some are very very busy with development work. I'm not sure if they got different compensation.

Showing 3 of 1,355 reviews