Autodesk Reviews | Glassdoor

1,242 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,242 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is actual work/life balance at a tech company - but you don (in 224 reviews)

• You can work from home anytime you need to and every 4 years you have the sabbatical: 6 weeks of paid vacation (in 52 reviews)

"Current employee"

Current Employee - Finance in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It used to be a great company with great finance leaders that care about people, open communication and great career opportunities for people who are capable

Cons

The finance department especially the business finance teams are full of politics and misalignment. There are so many Sr directors and directors. Many inspiring leaders left and a few moved up the ladder has zero empathy and no tolerance for any feedback. It’s sad to see people working hard but losing motivation slowly because of a few leaders don’t care about people.

Advice to Management

Put people first. A person who gets stuff done but has zero empathy should never become a people manager.

"Great opportunity, Be ready for change"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture of this company when I started was very small and a culture of helping one another. The benefits like insurance, unlimited sick days, and free coffee. The product and industries covered were very exciting and grew me as an individual. Above average pay.

Cons

While there was a great buzz around moving downtown, doing so changed the trajectory of the company. We started to feel too big too fast without basic things in place like business process and standards. Because of this, people took advantage of the system.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more accountability and consequence. Give people realistic expectations of the role even if they are hard. Stop being so secretive about everything, we are in this together.

3. "Software developer(machine learning) intern"

Pros

Encouraging mentors and guided me through whole project. Very nice people. I really enjoyed working here.

Cons

Some days they provide free food usually Tuesdays, other days no free food.

Advice to Management

There are so many directions in which your tool can improve, machine learning is one of them. Hire people from this domain.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

*Great people
    *Flexibility to work remotely

Cons

*Hard to get promoted
    * Company reorgs often

5. "Program Manager"

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company, Benefits, location, Corporate Culture, Creativity!

Cons

Nothing bad to say, great place to work!

"Sr. Customer Success Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and health care benefits. Most CSM roles are home office based.

Cons

Too much travel (more than 25%), although it does vary per CSM. Vacation days are a little light, and the last two years have mandated one of your weeks of vacation during the week of July 4th.

"LAYON/LAYOFF"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It used to be a good place to work...

Cons

- Obsessive compulsive about layoffs (many more than those announced publicly since they are spread out/isolated - closer to 30-32% over the last three years alone!)
    - Hell-bent on copying Adobe's business model 1:1 even if it means literally destroying the company and connected customer accounts in the process
    - Current CEO was forced/promoted into his role due to time constraints when Carl left v.s. sourcing an already experienced CEO.
    - Current CEO is a marketing/biz dev/academic guy with ties to NASA, which is all respectable. But compare that to *experienced* CEO's like: Richard Branson, Shantanu Narayen, Larry Ellison. Huge difference in experience level for that specific role.
    - Activist investors interfering with successful company projects

Advice to Management

Reset the company from the ground up - the damage has been done. Split into smaller independent companies. And please get rid of the "corporate strategy/development" hats. They've been there way too long and look what they've done.

"You’ll LOVE It"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are quite a few - so I’ll start with the most important - the leadership. I’ve only worked at one other technology company who’s leadership is fully aligned from the top down, from messaging to ensuring each one of its associates has the tools needed to succeed. There is full definition behind our corporate initiatives and leadership makes its a priority for you to completely understand ipthem. The second point is the team I’m apart of. You read in other companies reviews (I’m referring to the ones I’ve worked for of course) states, “everyone is so willing to help you” but I’ve experienced the opposite on quite a few occasions. Not here! People will absolutely drop what they’re doing, call you after hours and set aside as much time as you need to understand and then action to success. I’m very blessed to be a part of this organization! The pay is wonderful. There is actual work/life balance at a tech company - but you don’t mind putting forth the extra effort/work when you know it’s appreciated. We don’t need a pat on the back everyday, but Autodesk understands the importance of showing they value each associate. Phenomenal place to work.

Cons

We are going through changes but this isn’t a “con” to me. We are evolving to ensure the success of our customers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work of moving us in the best direction to stay the world class leader we already are.

9. "Great colleagues but slow moving"

I worked at Autodesk full-time

Pros

You'll be challenged everyday to do more with less

Cons

You'll find some of these to be battles of egos more than battle of wits.

Advice to Management

It's always been more than marketing.

10. "Solid larger company"

I have been working at Autodesk full-time

Pros

Autodesk truly powers the world of Architecture, product design, engineering and construction with industry standard software. The company is truly dedicated to education, diversity, sustainability and making the world a better place. Hours can be flexible and the organization is family-friendly. As a larger, global company there are many areas to work in. They also have some great innovative components such as Pier 9 and the Gallery at One Market in SF. Recently (2017) they successfully changed leadership and CEO Anagnost is energetic and charismatic in a complementary way to former CEO Bass. Employee peer recognition system helps to support colleagues to ensure they get recognition for their work. Autodesk is committed to its principles.

Cons

Decent benefits, though pay seems to at best match industry counterparts, not lead them. As a larger company, there tends to be a lot of overhead. Work silos have been a challenge, but there are solid efforts to share more across teams, but the down side is that there are fairly frequent re-orgs which can tend to increase the sense of insecurity.

Advice to Management

There seems to be comparatively large amount of time spent planning and reporting, which decreases the time to work toward reaching goals. Salary pay could be a bit more competitive.

Showing 1,242 of 1,459 reviews