Cover image for Autodesk

4.3
Autodesk CEO Andrew Anagnost
Andrew Anagnost
1,324 Ratings

What people are saying about Autodesk

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people at Autodesk were great and the work was extremely interesting.(in 384 reviews)
  • "good benefits and a 6 week sabbatical on top (if you hold on for 4 years)(in 368 reviews)
  • "Supportive and good work life balance.(in 296 reviews)
  • "I really believe this company has a great culture and they are still trying to improve.(in 237 reviews)
  • "Good Salary and Charity Foundation(in 105 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Autodesk and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Doing all the right things

Nov 26, 2022 - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong culture of inclusion and social accountability. Acknowledged as having extremely high quality and competitive products. Customer-focused. Continuously working on decision making and employee retention. Continued push to cloud-based offerings/admin, matching or leading in industry best practices (especially in consumption business models).

Cons

Salaries are probably slightly lagging. A lot of recent change in senior leadership. Advancement generally only comes from leaving, then returning.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Genuinely the most incredible place to work

Nov 1, 2022 - Territory Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Autodesk. They take care of all aspects of their employees. Some of my favorite benefits include incredible medical, etc insurance, a strong 401K program, PTO (if you don't have unlimited and have to accrue it most managers will simply give you more than you've accrued if you ask) , wellness stipends, focus Fridays, referal bonuses, employee stock program, and hybrid/remote work options. You are encouraged to speak your mind and empowered to grow into the career you want. The culture at Autodesk is truly unmatched as well. They don't just have a ping pong table in the office and call it culture. They actually cultivate real community among the employees. I've worked at two other companies in sales and the work/life balance at Autodesk is the best I've seen. You're encouraged to do your work well and take whatever time you need for yourself.

Cons

Some roles do require a certain amount of time in the office (I'm required to go in once a week).

3. Join the Autodesk team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company I’ve ever worked for

Sep 30, 2022 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the best company I’ve ever worked for. They took exceptional care of our needs during the pandemic, with thoughtful policies that responded to every change coming at us. Now we are a hybrid workforce, and many have extended their days to take early EMEA calls and/or late APAC calls while doing personal chores in between, accomplishing everything we need to in a day. The organization is eager to grow and mature, and I feel my work has impact. The people are smart and fair. Pay is lower and titles are lower for the same job than at similar companies, but it’s a decent trade-off overall.

Cons

Pay is lower and titles are lower for the same job than at similar companies, but the trade-off for all the pros is worth it.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Serious lack of diversity and gaslighting towards diverse employees

Nov 23, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company had good organization and processes implemented. I will give them that.

Cons

Being swallowed-up by their competition, Procore. They can't keep up and keep losing their talent to Procore. My biggest thing is their serious lack of diversity on the sales team. I was constantly harassed and gaslighted. I always felt singled out because nobody looked like me on the sales team. If you don't believe me, look up the sales team's LinkedIn profiles. They all fell into a norm. Worst part is they always had Diversity and Inclusion sessions. I was always bullied by the sales team. I'm not sure why there were held. Worst company I have worked for that singled me out and made me feel unwelcome as a diverse candidate.

6. 5.0

Bullish on Autodesk

Nov 14, 2022 - Manager, Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong senior leadership, clearly identified strategy and targets for the next several years, market leader and still growing, opportunities for advancement across the business, hiring practices that prioritize fit and leads to a enjoyable and cohesive employee experience.

Cons

Very few entry-level positions and as a hiring manager it is difficult to build a bench, promotions/advancement and inter-team dynamics can be overly political.

7. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 18, 2022 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. The company encourages you to be your true self at work. Very good work-life balance.

Cons

Some very young colleagues say it's too chill

8. 2.0
    Current Employee

Cliques. Totally home based. No opportunity to meet people in person.

Sep 13, 2022 - Principal Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

You work with lots of smart colleagues at Autodesk Consulting. Also work with big name clients. There is an Ethics Compliance Hotline. Business as a whole is doing great.

Cons

The DMs and PMs under Autodesk consulting are doorkeepers. The DMs and PMs block the business growth opportunities by using all kinds of excuses. Tired of the DMs and PMs' performative but hollow statements, since the DMs and PMs do not have any solid technical outputs to provide. Meanwhile the DMs and PMs do not allow tech consultants to meet clients in person for business developments. Full of bureaucracy dealing with the DMs and PMs. Even for project related travels, they are made too complicated to happen. There is a lack of trust between director management and the consultants.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Salary

Nov 13, 2022 - Sales Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice team and nice place to work like at

Cons

None that I can think of

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Profitable company, far too hierarchical and performative

Oct 20, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and great benefits

Cons

Hierarchy abounds and it comes straight from the top. There is accountability for goals but little for how goals are accomplished. Leaders at the highest levels are allowed to bully people and leave dead bodies in their wake and there is no accountability for such behavior. Relationships rule the day and as long as you meet your goals, stay connected to right people and work hard to sound like you're the smartest person in the room without listening to others, you'll succeed at Autodesk. It is a highly performative culture.

7 people found this review helpful
  11. 2.0
    Former Employee

Horrible Management

Nov 22, 2022 - Customer Support Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company as a whole is great

Cons

They need to do a better job with the managers they hire. Managers are supposed to lead and not dictate/ micro manage.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,097 Reviews
</>Embed

Autodesk Reviews FAQs

Autodesk has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 3,922 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Autodesk to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Autodesk employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Autodesk. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

87% of Autodesk employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Autodesk 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Autodesk to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.