KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Autodesk

Engaged Employer

Autodesk

Add a Review

Autodesk Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 418 of over 2,990 reviews

4.3
Pros
  • "adsk has great work life balance(in 370 reviews)

• "Autodesk has a very progressive culture and work environment(in 163 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be an issue depending on role(in 55 reviews)

• "slow decision-making especially across dependent teams(in 50 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Autodesk and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible Company!

Jan 19, 2021 - Senior Deployment Specialist in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great company culture and values. -Resilient business model that's proven to flourish even during a pandemic. -Management and leadership cares about work/life balance and mental health during these unprecedented times. -Great benefits. -Great people!

Cons

-Career growth is limited. -Although medical/dental benefits are great, I wish there were better options.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good while it lasts - take advantage!

Sep 3, 2020 - Senior User Experience Researcher in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Emerging talent is bright, inquisitive, and brings a lot to the table. Job is described as "fast-paced" but you can set your own pace. Excellent work/life balance, never had to work on the weekends or stay up late. Constantly felt inspired by our customers who are creative thinkers.

Cons

Try to get the highest starting salary because it's difficult to get promoted -- even if everyone else is endorsing you, one person can prevent it from happening! Lots of favoritism at the top, but maybe that is typical at corporations. Mentorship is scattered and it's easy to get lost in the shuffle, your career gets stunted. Not as flashy as other tech companies (you still have to do your own dry cleaning lol). Lack of transparency whenever layoffs are about to happen (about every 12-15 months over 5 years I was there, and eventually my role was affected). Design culture is slow to adapt to modern methods... but I think they are on the right track. I just wish they kept Maria Giudice who was finally reinventing things!

6 people found this review helpful

HR Leadership

Thank you for your review. We are always open to hearing feedback and if you want to share more about your particular concerns, please feel free to contact the Ethics Compliance Hotline: www.autodesk.ethicspoint.com or call 1-855-822-9535 so that we can discuss.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great WLB

Jan 12, 2021 - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

adsk has great work life balance

Cons

Free lunch once-per-week unlike other tech companies.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

They take care of their employees

May 29, 2020 - Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autodesk is a great company to work for. From the established, industry leading products to the cool offices to the smart, down to earth exec team--it's been a great experience so far. It's a huge company, but I never feel like a cog. Employees are given leeway to tackle big problems, and are rewarded for thinking outside the box. The company values and culture are more than kool-aid given to you during onboarding. ADSK consistently hires a smart, friendly, diverse group of employees who take pride in their work. But what really pushed me to write this review is Autodesk's COVID-19 response. I've been so impressed by the level of support given to employees at this time. Bi-weekly webcasts with the CEO with a live Q+A, frequent and clear comms from leadership, WFH through the end of 2020, a WFH stipend, reasonable expectations around work-life balance, and no layoffs. Autodesk even took this time to EXPAND their employee stock grants to those who didn't yet have options. They are proving that they truly put employees first, and have the right leadership in place. It's nice to feel like your company is on your side.

Cons

Things can move a bit slowly and feel disjointed. If you aren't proactive, you can miss out on new processes and best practices that aren't always clearly communicated, and there's a steep learning curve when it comes to internal processes and language. While I've had positive experiences with my managers, some colleagues complain about a lack of mentorship or guidance from theirs. While Autodesk does value and pay individual contributors well, it seems difficult to move past a certain level of management unless you've been at the company for decades.

8 people found this review helpful

HR Leadership

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you sharing a bit of your experience. Thank you for all you do to make #AutodeskLife great.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company feels like home! I love their mission and culture

Nov 9, 2020 - Software Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Mission, Flexibility, Global, Interesting, Work Life Balance

Cons

Lower salaries than the big companies

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting company with good work life balance

Jan 21, 2021 - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life balance Awesome customers Good benefits Sabbatical, flexible work, etc

Cons

Large company bureaucracy Underpays relative to market Unclear path to promotion

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company but I hit a bad team

Nov 11, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Location, benefits, workspace, equipment, work-life balance

Cons

- Project scope, language and framework was changed right after I started - Old and crufty codebase with poor documentation, inconsistent code style rules (mix of semicolons and non-semicolons in a js project), inconsistent file structure - Manager once told me to get back to work after I spent 8 minutes in Slack chat discussing the pros and cons of a few terms related to testing; got told that I should be coding but had been told that I needed to be more collaborative 5 minutes earlier in the conversation. Typical "read my mind" sort of criticism from that manager. - Manager seemed surprised that I posted a Confluence doc about the vertical whitespace rules that I and 2 team members agreed on. The project was many years old and no one had written down style rules. Manager said "I thought all languages wanted zero whitespace". I had no response to this, I was just flabbergasted. This is one of the most WTF statements I've ever heard from a manager. I told a colleague about it (someone with close to 20 years experience) and his response was one word: "Run". For an example of vertical whitespace in a modern js project: see packages/react/src/React.js in the React github repo (not allowed to link it here) - Team member told me "your question was innapropriate" after I told them that the condescending response I got to a question was innapropriate. When someone tells you you are being inappropriate you don't say "no, u", that's rude. This team has issues.

10 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good corporate culture

Jan 17, 2021 - Principal Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance for employees

Cons

Salary structure is not appropriate for San Francisco Bay Area.

9. 5.0
      Current Intern

Working with autodesk

Sep 29, 2020 - Data Science Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance Great learning curve

Cons

Nothing as of now for this position

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun challenges, great work/life balance

Sep 3, 2020 - Principal Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sharp and kind people, tough engineering challenges, great work/life balance, support from company during the pandemic

Cons

Some decisions lacked transparency, lots of time spent supporting legacy systems

HR Leadership

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Honest feedback like this helps us to continue to make Autodesk a great place to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 418 Reviews