Autoliv Reviews | Glassdoor

Autoliv Reviews

Updated July 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work-life balance was great in our department and the company did many extra events for the employees during and after work (in 12 reviews)

• Overall Laid back work environment (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Challenges your work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management not committed to ensuring goals and objectives are effectively cascaded (in 6 reviews)

1. "just a job"

Former Employee - Production Worker in Tremonton, UT
    Former Employee - Production Worker in Tremonton, UT

Pros

pay and benefits were higher than others in our area.close to home..didnt have far to travel knew a lot of people from town that also work there.

Cons

the opportunities for advancemnt seemed to always be given to friends of management..even though people had been there for years,new or younger employees...especially friends of management recieved the priorities.

Advice to Management

Treat all of your employees fairly.

"Company is stagnant within the US."

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Autoliv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly secure, good people, competitive benefits

Cons

Stagnant in US no plans to expand. Autoliv is stuck in the Automotive safety business.

Advice to Management

Consult with your end-users before implementing sweeping policy changes.

"Good 'Ol boy production company..."

Current Employee - Production Associate in Brigham City, UT
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Brigham City, UT

I have been working at Autoliv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good. Benefits are great. Standard production job.

Cons

Leadership is based off of friendship/family relations outside of work. Constant sexual harassment cases kept hushed. Mandatory OT all the time (6-day work week).

Advice to Management

Graveyard is a shift that works too. Please treat your employees on that shift like real people.

4. "Good company but typical pitfalls of being run from Europe"

Pros

Interesting work, good people but some departments have little room for growth. Watch out for groups that report directly to European managers as it tends to create a difficult situation with employee trying to serve many needs with little support.

Cons

Can be very stressful with long hours and many demands. Fluctuations in economy can cause significant impact but this is true for any automotive manufacturer.

5. "Good enough for a summer job"

I worked at Autoliv full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my first internship

I learned about electronics, test equipment, and schematics. The company also invited the interns to a few meeting where they discussed the technologies they were working on. If you had a field of interest, they would take that into account when assigning a group to work for.

Cons

Often, especially in the beginning of the internship, there was not enough work to do, so I'd either wander around trying to find work, or sit at the computer and try to educate myself on job related topics. This was a problem for other interns too. I was generally used to perform boring time consuming work often unrelated to my field of interest. I suppose that such work comes with the territory, but there are probably better internships out there.

"Lack of communication lends itself to a largely negative work environment."

I have been working at Autoliv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offer a reasonably good benefit package, 401K, free financial consultant and onsite workshops with guest speakers from various organizations such as the American Red Cross, Race for the Cure, and United Way.

Cons

There are no sick days, no comp time -one must use personal or vacation days to make up for any lost time. Management does not lend itself well to assisting their employees with problems or issues.
    Personality is rewarded more often than performance.

"A potentially great company that needs help."

I worked at Autoliv (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people. Used to be a really good place to work.

Cons

It seems that there are a lot of issues between different parts of the company. A lot of people seem to be really frustrated and don't feel their effort is noticed or appreciated.

Advice to Management

Let your people know that you appreciate them. There are a lot of really good, smart people. Morale is pretty low and there are a lot of company politics.

"Don't do it"

I have been working at Autoliv full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits for one that doesn't have a degree. Even better pay for someone that does. It's a good place to work for someone just getting out of high school. They do pay for schooling in the fields that can be used at Autoliv. For those that want/like over time, there is a lot of it.

Cons

A lot of favoritism. In many ways, it's not what you know, but who you know. Always trying to cut down on time to build a part, making less people to do more and getting hurt. When they do get hurt, they try everything in the power to make it look like it is not their fault and not pay for medical. The people on the production floor (who works the hardest (if it weren't for these people there wouldn't be and Autoliv)) get paid the least. The cap out after three years, were as the rest of Autoliv gets raises depending on their work ethnics. Overall morale of the place is pretty low. There is a lot of over time. Sometimes, too much over time.

Advice to Management

Talk more to the people on the production floor. The morale of the place needs to be brought up. There are people there that have worked at Autoliv for 10+ years and getting hurt. Too many people are getting put on modified duty, "healed" and put back on the floor, only to go back onto modified duty a month later. Some even get let go because "this isn't the right job for them." Look into this more. There is a lot of favoritism all around that makes it hard for a lot of people to any promotions. Find out why. Most of all, boost the morale!

9. "Production Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brigham City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brigham City, UT

I worked at Autoliv (More than a year)

Pros

Community atmosphere. You feel like part of a team. The building is pretty clean and orderly. The people are really nice.

Cons

Lack of safety concerns. I didn't feel like safety was a huge priority even though that's what they tell you. I and many people i worked with got hurt at one time or another. It's also really hard on your wrists.

Advice to Management

Better protection for lungs against extrudalant. A dust mask doesn't cut it.

"Manager looking else where"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Autoliv full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Health Benefits...on site PA's and Nurses that employee and employee's family can go to. This is a great benefit that I will miss if I leave the company.

Cons

Raises barely match inflation. Ran the numbers and due to inflation I haven't had an increase in spending power in more than ten years, even with promotions. I've been with the company about 20 years. I use to have great admiration for this company for many years, but all I can think about now is pursuing opportunities outside the company.

Advice to Management

The budget for merit increases decreased dramatically in 2008/09 due to downturn in economy...this is to be expected. But for the last several years, Autoliv has been more profitable then ever before and the merit budget is still where it was during the recession...this is just downright morally and ethically wrong! And they decreased dramatically the amount of vacation employees can carry over each year...by approximately 50%! Profits keep soaring at the expense of the employees making the profits!