Automation tool company Reviews | Glassdoor

Automation tool company Reviews

3.4
Mihir Shukla

1. "Great company if you're motivated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Pros

You work your way up from the bottom. Start as a machine builder and work into machine design, team leadership and then you stay in that position for as long as you like.

Cons

After you make team leader I don't see much more progress that can be made.
    Job monotony doings headlamp jobs all the time gets old but its easy work and really the point of work is to make money so who cares.

Advice to Management

Communicate directly with your young engineers more often instead of expecting them to know what they're supposed to do through their coworkers.

2. "A good start"

Former Employee - Engineer in Cookeville, TN
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cookeville, TN

I worked at Automation tool company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small town
    small teams
    interesting work
    It is a good place to start for a young engineer IF they are aware of what is happening. Gain some experience, and build up your resume and move on to greener fields.
    There ARE people there that will take advantage of you and smile at you the entire time.

Cons

You can only advance so far until you are stopped by the team leader. level Unless they leave or the company grows, you can't have their jobs. I felt that the company was taking advantage of the small town employment situation asking people to work long hours regularly for low pay. At the time there weren't many better jobs to choose from.

I started looking for a different employer and every single employer paid more and I received several offers. I eventually settled with another employer making $20K more, working less, better benefits and long term employment outlook. I left when I was ready. I watched productive, talented people get pushed aside so more senior people could back slide when they were not able to fulfill expectations. When that happened in engineering, I knew it was time to leave. A few months later I did.

Advice to Management

Won't listen so what's the point?